Thread: Need Outlook 2010 rule help, need to COPY emails and not delete from Inbox

Thanks

Need Outlook 2010 rule help, need to COPY emails and not delete from Inbox

The corporation deletes all emails older than 60 days, therefore I need to archive emails. My first thought was to create folders for contacts and then create a rule to move inbox messages to the individual folders. That was all well and good with one exception, my mobile device only reads the inbox, therefore a message hits the inbox and is instantly transferred to the individual folder and it then will not show up on my phone.

I surely don't want to create a ton of new folders on my phone, therefore I'm looking to create a rule that COPIES messages from the inbox to individual folders while leaving it in my inbox. Any suggestions?

Windows 7, 64 bit, Outlook 2010.

THANKS!

Thanks
    • dturtill's system
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX8320
      • Memory:
      • 16 gb Corsair Value
      • Storage:
      • 120 ssd plus 1tb for games
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Amd R7
      • Case:
      • Carbide Spec 03
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1

Re: Need Outlook 2010 rule help, need to COPY emails and not delete from Inbox

there is an option on outlook rules in 2013 not sure its in 2010 though that tells it to move a copy to the specified folder

to find it you have to create a rule and then select the create from a blank rule and apply rule on messages i receive

tested on mine and its working

Guy
    HEXUS.social member
    Thanks

I'd check there's not a policy of ruling regarding storing emails first. Might be valid reasons why they're removed after 60 days. Might not, but I'd air on the side of caution.

Thanks

I surely don't want to create a ton of new folders on my phone, therefore I'm looking to create a rule that COPIES messages from the inbox to individual folders while leaving it in my inbox. Any suggestions?

Splash

If your company is using a managed folder mailbox policy to delete mails older than 60 days in the inbox I'd suggest that having a rule to copy the message (and hence consume double the space on the mailserver) is likely to get you into trouble... Moving to a subfolder isn't really my idea of archiving.

Thread Information