Thread: Recommend me a cloud storage.

Registered+
    Thanks

Recommend me a cloud storage.

A recent incident almost caused us to lost our beloved files. So now we want to do an upgrade and save all of our files in a secure and reliable cloud storage. It has to be made specifically for healthcare practices though.
    Any ideas, suggestions, advice? Thank you.

Thanks
    • Jowsey's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock H81M-ITX
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon E3-1230V3
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair XMS3
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Crucial MX100 & 2TB Seagate Barracuda
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus GTX 770 DCUII 2GB
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNova GS 550 watt
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Evolv ITX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 bit
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 100Mb

Re: Recommend me a cloud storage.

My first question would be, does it need to be cloud based? The real benefit for cloud based files is easy accessibility whilst you are out and about and I don't imagine that would be a huge benefit to your medical information.

If it's healthcare specific I would suggest not putting that information on the cloud in case of an issues. But that's a personal opinion.

Is it not possible to do of site backups? Could you not just perform backups and then keep the media elsewhere? I would attempt to keep any data as personal as possible.

Just re-read your post. When you mean healthcare practice do you mean as in your run a dental surgery / doctors? In which case, my first thought is, are you allowed to place other peoples records on a cloud server?

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jowsey View Post

Just re-read your post. When you mean healthcare practice do you mean as in your run a dental surgery / doctors? In which case, my first thought is, are you allowed to place other peoples records on a cloud server?
    Largely depends where the practice is now, I suspect. Keeping confidential medical records on cloud servers, which may be outside the EU, may well have implications for practices inside the EU, in terms of privacy and data protection laws.

Registered+
    Thanks

Depends entirely on where you're practise is and what you're looking for storage wise. There are plenty of secure cloud storages out there, examples include Dropbox, Google drive and also Mega

Registered+
    Thanks

Thank you for your replies. And yes, we have a practice. I'll make sure to check on the points that you've emphasized.
    But as for backing up our data, a friend recommended that I try this <link removed - admin> company's services. I haven't called them yet. Maybe sometime next week. Any tips on what I should ask them?

[Edit by Admin - sorry, but that link looks far too much like advertising. Link removed. ]

Thread Information