Thread: Record Live Streaming from Twitch

Thanks

Record Live Streaming from Twitch

Can I capture streams from twitch? I would like to save some on my hard drive. Do I need to install a streaming software for this?

Thanks

Re: Record Live Streaming from Twitch

Yes, but you don't need to install additional software to do the job. there are lots of online tools and sites that record twitch videos Like this one: twitchtools.com/video-download. But why would you want to download videos from twitch? just curious

Thanks

Yes, you can. Audials Moviebox will download videos from internet sites. Here the description on how to download twitch videos: http://audials.com/en/how_to_record_...om/twitch.html. You can also directly convert to desired format while saving. This is however a paid program with more functions and useful if you do a lot of downloading from sites like Twitch.

Thanks

Lorelei, I have tried the online tool, but when I enter any link from twitch to record the twitch video I get the message that the URL entered is invalid
    GeneralIssue, I have tried the demo, looks great and also works quite nice. I´ll see if I give out the money for the full version, but I guess that I will have too, as other free apps don´t work

Registered+
    Thanks

There are no decent free twitch streaming capture softwares, i tried around for ages to find one, found a few gifs of mortal kombat that were captured from twitch, and wanted to capture a few of my own.

Registered+
    Thanks

You can download a program called 'Fraps. This is a good program that allows you to record your screen in full HD.

Thanks

Fraps is a lossless screen capture program and will use a HUGE amount of disk space, and not particularly well suited as you wouldn't be able to do anything else on the system while it was recording.

Twitch changed their streaming architecture fairly recently and that broke a lot of download tools.

https://www.nightdev.com/twitchdown/ is one which may work but has length limits. I think I got Jdownloader to work (not easily, nor reliably) last time I attempted it but I'd exercise caution with it, it seemed like bad bloatware to me and I stuck to using it in a VM to be on the safe side.

Thread Information