• Asus Maximus VII Ranger
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-4790 (3.60Ghz)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB
      • Storage:
      • 2 x (250GB) Samsung 840 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Geforce GTX 770 (DC2OC 2GB GDDR5)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750HX
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define R4
      • Operating System:
      • Linux/Win 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ XL2720T
      • Internet:
      • 100MB/100MB

Re: help? PS3 hdmi connection to pioneer plasma

Your TV is compatible with the PS3 (only have to see the matching google results on the model details and PS3 compatibility) so we can rule that out.

So first thing i would say is, I take it you have run a full online update on your PS3 since you got it? ie you have connected up via another source other than hdmi or done this at your friends?

If not some TVs via HDMI had issues on brand new PS3 (factory firmware) so most people would first connect up via another source, run update and then works fine in HDMI.

Give that a go first if you not tried

Thanks

Unhappy Re: help? PS3 hdmi connection to pioneer plasma

Thanks for the reply - I have a scart connected and have played with various options there.

The disk include upgraded the firmware to version 2.00 (2.10 looks like a US only upgrade at the moment?)

Have I missed any other types of updating? Have just wired into my router also to see if there are any update features there but nothing stood out.

My gut feeling is the HDMI input is faulty on the monitor. I haven't got anything else HD to prove that though.

Thanks

ok its late so forgive me for missong the obvious system update! downloading 2.10 now - will post the outcome shortly

Thanks

just finished updating and trying all the settings. HDMI still says no signal. I can't think of anything else, I'll have to speak about to the vendor about a replacement, must just be a dodgy input surely.

Thanks

Exclamation Re: help? PS3 hdmi connection to pioneer plasma

I also have the same problem, I purchased a LG Flatron M228WD from Play.com, The picture quality was questionable and the HDMI slot didnt reconise my PS3, I have no other HD equipment to test the slot but the PS3 and Cable are fone as I tested it on another TV in my house that had HDMI. I phoned LG and they said it sounds as though I have a faulty product, but they said to phone the retailer and they would replace it. So I did and they did, the picture quality is better, everything else works fine except for the HDMI slot again. Surley it cant be just two individual monitors that are faulty and I brought both of them, has anyone else had a problem like this? Any Solutions?

Cheers.

Thanks

I feel your pain totally. I've also had a replacement monitor and the HDMI port does nothing with my PS3. They are sending one more but I'm pretty sure its not going to work. I'm at the stage where I want a credit now. It works on Samsung models easy enough so there's no excuse. Shame becoz I like this monitor. People moan about the TV quality but its good enough for me. PC looks good. Just wish my brand new PS3 was worth playing! Without HD it's pointless really.

Will keep you posted

Thanks

hey guys,

just giving an update. Pioneer has collected my panel and have in the repair shop. They feel there is a scan ic issue, and my tv has been swithcing itself off recently and blinking 10 red flashes.

However with regards to the hdmi issue they are now saying what sony did. I need a category 2 cable, however they cannot offer one. I deal with all suppliers in australia that distribute cables and noty one have heard of cat 2.

Does anyone know what the hell these are and who makes them? or am i just getting the run around and will never play madden in high def.

I think i may have to do some whinging so Pioneer replace set.

Thanks

There is a HDMI 1.3b category II, but I'm not quite sure why it would require one. From Wikipedia:

HDMI 1.3 defined two categories of cables: Category 1 (standard or HDTV) and Category 2 (high-speed or greater than HDTV) to reduce the confusion about which cables support which video formats. Using 28 AWG, a cable of about 5 metres (~16 ft) can be manufactured easily and inexpensively to Category 1 specifications. Higher-quality construction (24 AWG, tighter construction tolerances, etc.) can reach lengths of 12 to 15 metres (~39 to 49 ft). In addition, active cables (fiber optic or dual Cat-5 cables instead of standard copper) can be used to extend HDMI to 100 metres or more. Some companies also offer amplifiers, equalizers and repeaters that can string several standard (non-active) HDMI cables together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Thanks

I also feel that the tv, sound and pc look fine, but it is such a shame about the HDMI as the main reason I brought it is because it has 1080P. I did buy a component cable though and that works fine with it but that isnt the point. I hae now decided to get a refund and will proberly buy a Samsing or Sony Bravia as quality is what they do best.

Registered+
    Thanks

give it another try ,you may check it out

Thanks

i have exactly the same problem connected ps3 using hdmi and nothing, no signal, have any of you guys found a way around this coz its really pissed me offf and xbs2008 i totally agree with you i saw your review on play.com and only went along to buy it coz another review said its working fine using ps3 wid hdmi

Thanks

I have a Pioneer Plasma PDP-505XDE with external Media Receiver and it suffered the same issue I.E I have an HDMI connected Pioneer DVD and PS3 on HDMI + Sky HD all have been working fine until the DVD and PS3 suddenly stopped around 6 weeks ago . After many discussions with Pioneer Sky etc it seems Sky ran an update to their HDMI standard which also affected the plasma both the dvd and ps3 couldn't seem to "handshake" with the display . Pioneer did eventually accept responsibility and sent an engineer to replace a card in the receiver this would have been a happy outcome apart from the engineer seems to have bust the display at the same time now everyone looks like shrek and is totally unwatchable . The engineer showed my wife a cartoon and commented that there was a small amount of green sparkles (it doesn't appeasr too bad on some cartoons)apparently a sign the panel or power supply are on the way out she then signed the form as satisfied with the repair so we are know left with a useless plasm .

To sum up Pioneer will fix the issue even if your display is out of warranty but register on the website before calling but check the plasm completly before accepting the repair .

Has anyone else had a display that makes everyone look like Shrek and if so was there a fix ?

Thanks

Hi there
    I have had the same problem with the LG M228WD and it saying that there is no signal when the PS3 is conected.
    Here is how to fix it. It isnt a problem with the TV its just stupid design. When you press input select on the remote you get the input list, scroll down to HDMI and press left (or right) on the remote to switch from HDMI PC to HDMI standard. The PS3 should then work after reseting or changing the display settings.

Hope this helps.

Loves duck, Peking Duck! bsodmike's Avatar
    Thanks
    • bsodmike's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Misc.
      • CPU:
      • Mac Pro 2.8 GHz (8-cores) / iMac 2.8GHz C2D Extreme Edition / MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 & 13.3" 2.26 GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR2 kits on all systems / FB ECC RAM in Mac Pro
      • Storage:
      • 320GB + 3x 1TB, Mac Pro / 500 GB, iMac / 2x 1TB & 2x 2TB WD My Book Studio II, via FW800 to Mac Pro
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256MB (two dual-link DVI ports / Mac Pro)
      • PSU:
      • Misc.
      • Case:
      • Misc.
      • Operating System:
      • Mac OS X 10.5 (Mac Pro) / Mac OS X 10.4.11 (others)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Apple 23" Cinema HD / Dell FPW2408 / iMac 24" display
      • Internet:
      • 2mbps ADSL (Mac Pro) / 512kbps WiMax (Wifi/MacBook Pro)

My PS3 (40GB) worked fine on HDMI with my LD 32" LCD. Now that I'm back home, I am switching it through my Denon AVR at 720p over component to my LG plasma.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dotjalex View Post
    Hi there
    I have had the same problem with the LG M228WD and it saying that there is no signal when the PS3 is conected.
    Here is how to fix it. It isnt a problem with the TV its just stupid design. When you press input select on the remote you get the input list, scroll down to HDMI and press left (or right) on the remote to switch from HDMI PC to HDMI standard. The PS3 should then work after reseting or changing the display settings.

Hope this helps.

I have the same problem but with an xbox 360. I have tried what you said but still no results. I feel it is a fault with the HDMi connection on the LG TV.

Thanks

Re: help? Hdmi connection to pioneer plasma

Our Pioneer plasma (PDP 435DE) has been working for 3 years fine and with the PS3 fine since that was released in this country. Now we just got FreeSat (Humax) and the HDMI input has failed.

Pioneer gave us a list of repairers.
    Repair quote was £165 for the part, 90 for labour pluis VAT so a lot !!!

Do I have to pay for this repair?
    If not, who could I claim it off - the TV wasn't future proof, but you could say the Humax sort of broke our existing set up....

Is it something I could do myself?
    Where would I get the part?

Thanks for any replies,
    ZoeElizabeth

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information