Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Losing weight and what I eat?

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Losing weight and what I eat?

Okay, this weeks update.

That's another 2lbs lost It's been really hard work this week, I don't know why. Let's just say that come Sunday, I was REALLY glad it was a rest day. I must have slept 13 hours on Sunday because I just felt totally wiped out. I'm actually going to tone the bike riding back a bit because I think 22miles a day is too much unless I up my calorie intake. I'm going for between 18-21 miles a day from here on out and I'll see what happens.

I also managed to have a blow out on my bike which was oodles of fun as I was 10 miles from home. The sidewall of the tyre just collapsed allowing the innertube to bulge out. Needless to say it didn't last long and the loud bang nearly resulted in a brown trouser moment God bless my dad for being at home so he could come and pick me up. I carry a spare inner tube, but not a spare tyre

I've also just bought myself a fancy new bike computer (a Garmin Edge 705) which has a heart rate and cadence monitor. This should really help me to get the most out of my bike rides because this way I have targets to aim at.

So, everything is going according to plan at the moment

Registered+
    Thanks
    • WaKKo-'s system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5N-E SLI
      • CPU:
      • Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4GB PC2-4300
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 74gig Raptor (OS)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8800GTS 320mb
      • PSU:
      • 400watt
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Widescreen
      • Internet:
      • 16meg Sky

sounds like your doing fantasticly well!!! Keep it up. I to am trying to lose weight. Currently im 91-92kg want to get down to about 84kg then tone up. Only exercise i get how ever is just 30 minutes in the gym every lunch time monday-friday.

Do you also get those days where your very very cba? All motivation is just lost! Have you thought of having home made chicken chow mein more? As its quite a low cal meal as long as you use dry noodles but does pack quite a bit of chicken.

What are you setting your Calorie intake level to now? Did you measure your waist etc before you started to see how many inches you have lost already? As I have found that my weight has almost stabalised at around the 92kg mark for about the last 1-2 months but im still losing inches off my stomach etc.

Thanks
    • b0redom's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Some iMac thingy
      • CPU:
      • 3.4Ghz Quad Core i7
      • Memory:
      • 24GB
      • Storage:
      • 3TB Fusion Drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nViidia GTX 680MX
      • PSU:
      • Some iMac thingy
      • Case:
      • Late 2012 pointlessly thin iMac enclosure
      • Operating System:
      • OSX 10.8 / Win 7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2713H
      • Internet:
      • Be+

Quote Originally Posted by gmarno View Post
    I've also just bought myself a fancy new bike computer (a Garmin Edge 705) which has a heart rate and cadence monitor. This should really help me to get the most out of my bike rides because this way I have targets to aim at.
    Ohh what's the computer like? I've been thinking about getting the same. I'm currently doing a 28 mile commute (14 miles each way), and that'd probably help with tracking if I'm improving - well that and if I take that 200m shortcut (which adds 5 miles because I got lost) on the way into work.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WaKKo- View Post
    Do you also get those days where your very very cba? All motivation is just lost! ....
    .... What are you setting your Calorie intake level to now? Did you measure your waist etc before you started to see how many inches you have lost already? As I have found that my weight has almost stabalised at around the 92kg mark for about the last 1-2 months but im still losing inches off my stomach etc.
    Thanks for the encouragement WaKKo 30 minutes in the gym every day is nothing to sniff at so it sounds like you're doing well yourself

Believe me yes I have the cba days (particularly recently). That's why I made myself a promise to go out in any and all weather on my bike, because if I'd made an exception for one rainy day, it would be the thin end of the wedge. Let's put it this way, my shoes were squelching when I came in on Tuesday and I had to wring my socks out

I've found that splitting up my rest days to Sunday and Weds/Thurs have really helped me as I found two days off in a row hard work on Monday.

I think my calorie intake is around 1700-1900 depending on my mood. I've upped it recently because I think it had slipped to 1300 (not intentionally) which wasn't good for me as I just didn't have the energy to do cardio and put in a full days work. I think I've reached a nice level but we'll see how I get on. I haven't been measuring my waist, but my belt needs another new hole in it, so that's good news.

Quote Originally Posted by b0redom View Post
    Ohh what's the computer like? I've been thinking about getting the same. I'm currently doing a 28 mile commute (14 miles each way), and that'd probably help with tracking if I'm improving - well that and if I take that 200m shortcut (which adds 5 miles because I got lost) on the way into work.
    I've literally only been out with it once so I can't tell you too much about it. However first impressions are it's great.

My old computer only displayed speed and one other bit of information, so I was constantly having to press it to see avg speed, distance, time etc. The screen on the 705 can display up to 8 pieces of information (or less if you want) so I can have cadence, distance, speed, heart rate, avg speed, time and duration (how long I've been cycling) displayed all at once.

I wouldn't say the gps navigation is brilliant, but it's handy to have in a water proof unit. It was this or the 305, but I felt the extra money (£100) was worth it to have the GPS navigation.

The Garmin software looks pretty basic, but there seems to be a lot of free software out there which does the same kind of job. I'm trying something called SportTracks at the moment which seems pretty good.

Once I've had a bit more of a chance to play with it, I'll post a proper review

Registered+
    Thanks

Well, that was a big let down. I was quite happily peddling away today, and then I start hearing a loud clicking noise coming from one of my pedals. It's been clicking for a while, but it's not shown any real problems until today, when it basically locked up.

I managed to limp home but I'm starting to get pretty irritated with my bike. It's literally been one show stopper after another recently, and if I wasn't going to Canada in 3 months it would be on the receiving end of a sledge hammer

Anyway, I've popped out to Halfords and bought some replacements for ~£20 to keep me going but I just hope that it stops costing me money soon. It's getting to the point where it would be more economical to just buy a new bike. I've spent almost £100 since the beginning of January replacing parts It just needs to last until May and then it can die a slow rusty death in my bike shed

The thing that really annoyed me was I was riding the best time I've ever done my route. I was in the zone and then this happens!! Ah well, there's always tomorrow.

OilSheikh

You are what you eat

Please mention what you have for food everyday.

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

As the OP hasn't been here for 2 years, I doubt you'll get a reply!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

8. Received thanks from:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information