Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any bodybuilders on here?

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Any bodybuilders on here?

I used to compete until I dislocated my arm. I still train with some hardcore guys

Registered+
    Thanks

I have only just learnt how to use free weights properly, but I definitely want to get into weights a bit more. I have tried a variety of different lifts / exercises, just need to improve my technique and get into a routine.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ladcrooks View Post
    done bodybuilding shows and won a power lifting comp. But to answer the main prob with bodybuilders today, they are like sheep, sorry but they are! They listen to everybody except their own bodies!

Never do 3 whole body times a week. Better off picking Mon and Thurs. Loads of time for rest and growth. When you are not getting stronger, growing, then it may be time to split things up or look to see if you ARE doing too much in the first place. Twice a week whole body does not need 20 sets for chest and so on. I would only do 4 sets max for each exercise, 2 exercise for legs, chest, and back, and only 1 for biceps, tri's and calfs.

I could go on, but listen to yourselves, are you eating enough, sleeping, and so on? Most people don't advance cos they do too much, rather then less - weights!
    The thing is, aren't people guilty of picking at food taking little bits here and there thus actually ending up eating more?

Also, the theory you put forward sounds very interesting, care to elaborate?

Thanks
    • Kovoet's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG crosshair Hero VIII x 2
      • CPU:
      • AMD 5900x
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Viper 3733mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 980 pro 500GB Samsung 850 512GB,Samsung 860 1TB SSD & 950 PRO NVMe M.2 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte RTX3070Ti, EVGA RTX 3060Ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX1200i, RMX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide 680x
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus Tuf VG32VQ1B
      • Internet:
      • 1GB Virgin

More of a older version now.

Thanks

Never do 3 whole body times per week, plenty of your energy and effort for relax and development, when you are not getting more powerful, increasing, then it may be a chance to divided things up or look to see if you ARE doing too much in the first place...

Thanks

i have join gym since last 3 month and also used to protein for increase body muscle and weight lose.........
    Last edited by peaksupplements; 27-06-2015 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Removing spam details

Thanks
    • scaryjim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Dell Inspiron
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 8250U
      • Memory:
      • 2x 4GB DDR4 2666
      • Storage:
      • 128GB M.2 SSD + 1TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon R5 230
      • PSU:
      • Battery/Dell brick
      • Case:
      • Dell Inspiron 5570
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15" 1080p laptop panel

peaksupplements

There are rules for advertising your products on the hexus forums. You can read them here: http://hexus.net/advertise

It may surprise you to hear that signing up purely to shill your company for free isn't in the rules! Please read them and act accordingly. Failure to adhere to the rules will have ... consequences.

Registered+
    Thanks

Started weightlifting as a new years resolution, 6 months on I haven't gone more than 3 days without gym. At the moment I do a 6 day PPLRPPL split (push pull legs rest) I did alot of reading on it before christmas and a great deal of bodyweight exercises prior.

I recommend Stronglifts for beginners, I did 4 weeks on that before transitioning into Ice cream fitness, which is stronglifts with dumb bell accessories added.
    After that I did strstd.com, which was a 4 day split and included 2 leg days I liked this one a lot as it really increased my lifts I added "Dave Tates periodization bible" to the accessories (on the site - I highly recommend it my arms inflated during this period)

And now with a personal trainer there's a personalised routine I got, which is the 6 day split which I can do a lot more comfortably and effectively, there's a baseline I use but on days when my friend is bothered to join me I can really squeeze in those extra sets or reps.

Beginner routines are important because form before strength is a big issue so make sure you are doing your lifts appropriately, there was a post above about not doing whole body routines 3x a week, but it really is useful to do at the beginning when you are lifting comparatively light so that you can really practice your technique/form, once things get a bit heavy you don't want to exhaust your body and it was the main reason I moved on from SL/ICF to other things.

Facts are sacred
    Thanks
    • RobbieRoy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VII Ranger
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro Ultimate
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 128GB Samsung Evo pro SSD, 1 x 500GB Hitatchi HDD, 2 x 2Tb WD Green in Raid 1 Config.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX R9 280X
      • PSU:
      • Corsair CS750M
      • Case:
      • Home made wooden desk
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 TP
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama GB2488HSU-B1
      • Internet:
      • BT

Used to do a lot of gym work 20 plus years ago, but now just do a little light stuff at home to keep muscle mass for joint stability (now I have mild arthritis) and otherwise keep my cardio as fit as possible. My major bodybuilding was producing my kids!!

Registered+
    Thanks

Need to get into some body, but have to lose some weight first, or i'll balloon like a mutha.

Thanks

I'm thinking about getting into it. I've been a trainer for 2 years now. Going to give it a try.

Thanks

Try fish oil it helps with the joints.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information