Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here into the NFL?

Thanks

Re: Anyone here into the NFL?

What's your take on the Lions' owner?
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Thanks

Martha?

She's a 90 year old woman who just realised she owns a football team that's the butt of NFL jokes every year.

But(t) on the other hand, she's hired a firm to get a new GM in, not just done it herself and since she dropped the hammer on firing some people the Lions have actually played quite well. Against lesser opponents, it must be said.

3. Received thanks from:

Galant (06-01-2016)

Thanks
    • Kanoe's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING II
      • CPU:
      • Intel 7960X (4.4GHZ All Core)
      • Memory:
      • 64GB Corsair Vengeance PRO (8 x 8GB) 3200
      • Storage:
      • 1x 2TB M.2, 2x 1TB M.2, 960GB SSD, 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nvidia 3080 FE (1965MHz @906mV +1500 VRAM)
      • PSU:
      • Superflower 1200W
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Primo v2
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" Gigabyte M28U 4k + 24" Dell U2412M
      • Internet:
      • Zen 1 Gig Fibre

I'm hopeful the Lions can make some progress in the off season and come back stronger.

It was nice to see us beat Chicago in the last game of the season, just a shame it had little meaning.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PorcupineTime View Post
    Martha?

She's a 90 year old woman who just realised she owns a football team that's the butt of NFL jokes every year.

But(t) on the other hand, she's hired a firm to get a new GM in, not just done it herself and since she dropped the hammer on firing some people the Lions have actually played quite well. Against lesser opponents, it must be said.
    Yeah, just curious. I know there's a lot of feeling that the Dolphins' owner, Stephen Ross, despite being willing to spend money, is a problem because of his bad personnel and front office management decisions not to mention being an 'absentee' owner with all his other projects and the fact that he is a New Yorker to his core. Most significantly, he just doesn't seem to know football or about leadership structures. He's now brought in a fellow New Yorker, Mike Tannenbaum, to head things up, but people feel that's more because he's comfortable with another beloved New York guy rather than Mike being the right leader.

Getting things right at the top is usually/always massively important in a chain of command, and it can be frustrating when that isn't there.
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kanoe View Post
    I'm hopeful the Lions can make some progress in the off season and come back stronger.

It was nice to see us beat Chicago in the last game of the season, just a shame it had little meaning.
    Same here with the Dolphins beating the Patriots. That's always excellent news in Miami.

What do you think are the top priorities/weaknesses for Detroit? You too Porcupine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Galant View Post
    Getting things right at the top is usually/always massively important in a chain of command, and it can be frustrating when that isn't there.
    It seems like Martha Ford cleaned house a bit and that may have brought some much needed change at the top.

She recently took over, if I remember rightly, from her son who was doing sweet FA the whole time, it seems.

Fingers crossed, as Kanoe said above, the Lion come back stronger and start the season with a bang.

Thanks

It seems like Martha Ford cleaned house a bit and that may have brought some much needed change at the top.

She recently took over, if I remember rightly, from her son who was doing sweet FA the whole time, it seems.

Fingers crossed, as Kanoe said above, the Lion come back stronger and start the season with a bang.
    Top priorities/weaknesses for the Lions this offseason?

Thanks

Get a good/great GM.
    Keep Calvin, but restructure his contract.
    Improve O-line.
    Figure out if we're going to keep Teryl Austin, or who his replacement is going to be.
    Resign some other key players.

How about with the Dolphins?

Thanks

Get a good/great GM.
    Keep Calvin, but restructure his contract.
    Improve O-line.
    Figure out if we're going to keep Teryl Austin, or who his replacement is going to be.
    Resign some other key players.

How about with the Dolphins?
    Well, with Mike Tannenbaum officially taking the VP role and bringing in a new GM, and also a new Head Coach it means we're seeing one of the biggest single season front-office overhauls in a while. Obviously, that's going to affect every aspect of this team and I've no idea what to expect from the draft, free agency period, and the 16-17 season. Especially because we have a number of key players heading into FA now and if they don't return it could really change the feel of the team.

Miller proved to be a revelation at RB but he's up for FA and was frustrated (as were most fans) by the lack of carries he was given. Will the change of head coach inspire him to stay and what money can be thrown his way?

Dolphins' legendary pass rusher Cam Wake, DE, suffered a serious injury - torn achilles I think, it not knee ligament (don't remember which). He's played beyond his advancing years and has said he plans on coming back as good as new, but will his body agree?

Olivier Vernon is also a massively talented and younger defensive lineman and he's up for FA too.

It's difficult to see how, with the massive contracts handed out to Suh and Tannehill, the Dolphins will be able to retain their star talent. So that's all a bit scary. Then again, a hallmark of great team is the ability to identify and develop talent. So that's going to be the biggest hope for the new GM, HC and coaching crew.

The biggest areas of need are the OL (we have a few key players but other atrocious ones.). We need at least one starting guard and then a ton of depth, and we need to think about a replacement at the all important LT position because Albert's great but getting older and looking more and more injury prone.

After the OL we need to address the linebackers, just about all of them. The Dolphins have struggled with tackling ability for the past few years. One star here won't cut it. We need two good players and a couple of promising players at least.

Safety could use some help, and if Miller goes, we might need help on RB too.

Interestingly, there's a chance the new GM might look for a new backup QB to develop.

So bottom line - the offensive line needs work and the linebackers, then the secondary and running backs.

We've got solid enough receivers, and a solid DL.

Thanks
    • Macman's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Z170 Pro Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i9 9900K
      • Memory:
      • 32GB
      • Storage:
      • 5TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce RTX2080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650VS
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus Predator

Some cracking game this weekend, won't post results incase folk are still to see the game.

Buy deary me... the Vikings lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    Some cracking game this weekend, won't post results incase folk are still to see the game.

Buy deary me... the Vikings lol
    I know...absolute shocker. Gone next year? Poor guy. Footage here for those who want it.

And did you see that ridiculously good recovery by Wilson following the botched snap?

As for the rest - apparently first time in history that all four away teams won in the wildcard round.

The next few upcoming games are solid - who've you got?

Saturday
    Chiefs vs Patriots

Sunday
    Seahawks vs Panthers
    Steelers vs Broncos
    Packers vs Cardinals

Thanks
    • Macman's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Z170 Pro Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i9 9900K
      • Memory:
      • 32GB
      • Storage:
      • 5TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650VS
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus Predator

Quote Originally Posted by Galant View Post
    I know...absolute shocker. Gone next year? Poor guy. Footage here for those who want it.

And did you see that ridiculously good recovery by Wilson following the botched snap?

As for the rest - apparently first time in history that all four away teams won in the wildcard round.

The next few upcoming games are solid - who've you got?

Saturday
    Chiefs vs Patriots

Sunday
    Seahawks vs Panthers
    Steelers vs Broncos
    Packers vs Cardinals
    Yeah I seen the Wilson recovery then went to pass to Baldwin I think it was? Wilson is a good QB to watch, for me anyways.

I can see the Walsh being cut. The kickers might not be paid astronomical sums of money but they are expected to complete kicks under that kind of pressure. I was just stunned! I was so sure Vikings had it. Really looking forward to next week!

I'm thinking Panthers wil ltake the SB.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    Yeah I seen the Wilson recovery then went to pass to Baldwin I think it was? Wilson is a good QB to watch, for me anyways.

I can see the Walsh being cut. The kickers might not be paid astronomical sums of money but they are expected to complete kicks under that kind of pressure. I was just stunned! I was so sure Vikings had it. Really looking forward to next week!

I'm thinking Panthers wil ltake the SB.
    I'm not certain the Panthers won't choke before they even get to the SuperBowl. There's something about play-off games that makes them markedly different from regular season games. I wouldn't be amazed if they don't get any further.

Thanks

Thanks
    • Macman's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Z170 Pro Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i9 9900K
      • Memory:
      • 32GB
      • Storage:
      • 5TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650VS
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus Predator

haha - comical!

Pretty much every team to a T. Jets is brilliant.

Thanks

dolphins fan until i die!

18. Received thanks from:

Galant (14-04-2016)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information