Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone here into the NFL?

Thanks

Anyone here into the NFL?

I'm a fan of both European Hand-Egg and American Hand-Egg. I'm currently feeling very spoiled with the RWC and the NFL season starting, however with my beloved Detroit Lions going 0-3 so far I'm thinking less about enjoying the NFL regular season and more about gritting my teeth until the next draft period.

Anyone else in here watch American Football? Or, perish the thought, are there any actual Americans on here who watch it at a normal time of day?

Thanks

Re: Anyone here into the NFL?

Although we aren't faring much better at 1-3.

New HC today, though, so we'll have to see how things change. For a while now Miami have suffered with an awful Offensive Line, and I'm a believer in the foundation of any team being solid trench warfare. So when I heard new Head Coach Campbell talk about the lines being of central importance, that caught my ear.

Still, we were all hopeful 4 weeks ago, and most Dolphins fans are now either without the will to go on or walking around with brown paper bags on their heads.
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Guy
    HEXUS.social member
    Thanks

Another Dolphins fan here, I was at Wembley on Sunday. Watching that, at points neither team deserved it!

Thanks

Well, the Lions go 0-4 and everyone seems to agree that we need to fire our Offensive Coach. And stop getting reamed by the NFL officiating.
    Good luck Dolphins fans, it must be easier on you than it is on us.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Another Dolphins fan here, I was at Wembley on Sunday. Watching that, at points neither team deserved it!
    Would have loved to gone (although in retrospect, not so much). How was it watching the game live?

Quote Originally Posted by PorcupineTime View Post
    Well, the Lions go 0-4 and everyone seems to agree that we need to fire our Offensive Coach. And stop getting reamed by the NFL officiating.
    Good luck Dolphins fans, it must be easier on you than it is on us.
    Yep, definitely robbed last night, and against the Seahawks too, that would have been a nice result on the score sheet and a boost to the team.

How/when did you guys get into NFL football?
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Thanks

Robbed doesn't even get close, according to the things I'm reading. I didn't stay up to watch it, but had a slight hope that was crushed this morning on waking.

I got into the NFL when our family visited the US in 2006. We visited the impossibly rough Flint, Michigan and had no idea how grim it was as we were young enough not to notice. Since then, Detroit and Michigan have been home to my US sporting interests.
    Over the last two years I've got into NFL more. Last season especially as I was up all hours of the night with our baby and the Lions actually looked good. Thank goodness we know that was a fluke and can stop expecting anything from them again.

Thanks

Official clearly sees the illegal bat in the Endzone, puts his hand on his flag and then does nothing. Ridiculous. Wouldn't have guaranteed a win, but it would have put them back at the 1 YD line for another chance at winning it.

Chancellor's last ditch play to dislodge the ball from Megatron's grip, though, was an impressive clutch play.

Here's the play: https://www.twitter.com/NFL/status/6...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

And this is about the best summary of the horrendous call.

Thanks

You're going to make me cry. Fortunately the firewall at work wants to keep me from seeing the horrors.

Edit - and now I've seen the bat. I didn't see the back judge reach for the flag 'cause that angle wasn't shown, but that sure looks ridiculously intentional to me. Megatron should have held onto the ball better, but Chancellor did excellently, a great defensive play.

Remember when Bellichick was crying out for cameras in the endzones and more play reviews? Now I want that.
    Last edited by PorcupineTime; 07-10-2015 at 08:36 AM.

Thanks

How have the Lions been doing?

Dolphins just came out of the Bye Week and played the Titans after having replaced the Head Coach, Defensive Coordinator, Assistant Head Coach, and shuffled a bunch of coaching staff around. We also gained our starting LT back and it looks like Cam Wake is healthier, if not fully healthy, following 4 sacks in the first half!

So that was a nice win, but I think this whole season is going to be an experimental - see what happens - season.

Oh, and did you see that Colts trick play against the Pats that completely bombed? Not a good day for Colts fans.

Thanks

I didn't see the Colts play, I was busy recovering from the Lions actually winning a match!

I mean, they beat the Bears, just. They had to take it to overtime to get it done, but they finally won a match! The rest of the season is meant to be easier, but the Lions are playing so badly right now that I think they could lose against some of the better cheer leading squads out there.

The Lions ran a trick play of their own that just worked. A fake punt that one of our safeties managed to take for 30 yards.

I'm interested to see how the Dolphins play, given what you've said. A lot of people are calling for heads to roll on the Lions coaching staff and I'd like to see how the Dolphins do with all that change. Plus, I liked Suh, but he seems to have gone off the boil at the moment.

Thanks

Definitely awesome to see the Lions winning!

The Dolphins coaching experiment has a lot of people doing back-flips right now. First two games with the new interim HC Dan Campbell have been blow-out victories over below average teams. Essentially, people are saying that this is what the Dolphins were supposed to have been like from the start of the season. Whatever the case, it's certainly a curious case and food for thought.

The wise thing is to remember it's just two games against weaker opponents and so we don't know if this is a flash-in-the-pan high following the change of staff or whether it's a real and sustainable change in terms of team cohesion, energy and motivation. Obviously I'd prefer the latter!

Real test comes up this Thursday against the undefeated Patriots. We'll see what this team looks like against the reigning champs! (Won't get to see it live since it's a late start but I'm hoping that it's at least a close game. Don't want to see a blow-out win from the Patsies. Having said that, our OL and linebackers are still questionable.

Oh, and if you didn't catch it, Suh finally showed up last night. Got a couple of sacks, deflected a couple of passes and more.

Thanks
    • Macman's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Z170 Pro Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i9 9900K
      • Memory:
      • 32GB
      • Storage:
      • 5TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce RTX2080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650VS
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus Predator

Cleveland Brown fan here lol. Got myself a Browns jersey.

Got into it watching the Superbowl, Broncos Vs. Seahawks. Won £400 on the bookies too haha.

Big fan of Joe Thomas, Haden, The Gronk, Sherman and Odell Beckham Jnr and Manziel. Madden fan on the PS4 too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    Cleveland Brown fan here lol. Got myself a Browns jersey.

Got into it watching the Superbowl, Broncos Vs. Seahawks. Won £400 on the bookies too haha.

Big fan of Joe Thomas, Haden, The Gronk, Sherman and Odell Beckham Jnr and Manziel. Madden fan on the PS4 too.

A Browns fan not afraid to admit or stick with it - I salute you!

14. Received thanks from:

Macman (27-10-2015)

Thanks
    • Macman's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Z170 Pro Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i9 9900K
      • Memory:
      • 32GB
      • Storage:
      • 5TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce RTX2080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650VS
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus Predator

Hopeully Manziel gets a game soon, always an exciting player to watch. (Suppose to be starting next game as McCown has injured shoulder (I think)

His first season however...

Thanks

Next game's against the Cardinals so that's not going to be an easy one.

Lions have got the Chiefs so they have a chance there.

Dolphins open up week 8 with Thursday Night Football in Foxborough against the 6-0 Patriots. Here's to hoping Brady spends more time on his butt than on his feet.

Thanks
    • Kanoe's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING II
      • CPU:
      • Intel 7960X (4.4GHZ All Core)
      • Memory:
      • 64GB Corsair Vengeance PRO (8 x 8GB) 3200
      • Storage:
      • 1x 2TB M.2, 2x 1TB M.2, 960GB SSD, 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nvidia 3080 FE (1965MHz @906mV +1500 VRAM)
      • PSU:
      • Superflower 1200W
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Primo v2
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" Gigabyte M28U 4k + 24" Dell U2412M
      • Internet:
      • Zen 1 Gig Fibre

Lions fan here, got off to a shocker this season after a mostly positive season last year.

I would pick this year to go and see them at Wembley at the weekend! I fear we will get hammered!!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information