Hi,

So I'm building a new machine and like most people I have a budget to adhere to and therefore I'm migrating some existing parts over to the new build. One such part is my current Vertex 2 SSD, which already has my OS(Win7 x64) installed and running on it in my current machine. I've usually just started from scratch with a new drive, new OS and new install so I'm not sure what the best way is to migrate my current drive over to my new machine?

Would I be able to transfer it over without needing to reinstall the OS (I know limiting the writes to SSDs is a good thing)? I imagine there might be issues with drivers, etc. for other components in my existing machine, any way to remove all these and reset the OS to scratch? Or am I best formatting the drive (SSD wipe tool thing) and reinstalling the OS from scratch? If so should I format the SSD inside my current machine or can I do it afterwards, once installed inside my new machine?

Sorry, there are quite a few questions there but I'm a bit confused about this process and any help would be much appreciated. Thanks