I wonder if someone could help. I have a Thecus N5200 Pro with 5x Seagate Enterprise 750GB disks. I have just bought 5x WD20EADS 2tb disks to expand my system.
I read through the forums and I seem to have combinations of various problems. the steps so far are...
1) Upgraded N5200 to latest firmware V2.01.09
2) Removed 1 disk (hot swapped) and replaced with 2tb disk, reinserted. RAID shows as degraded and then started to show progress with rebuilding. Got to 1% and stopped. Display showed rebuild but with no progress indicator at all.
3) Rebooted and drive no longer came up in Storage>Disk. Even though it was present in tray.
4) Realised I'd probably screwed my data (I have a backup) so tried different tack.
5) Rebooted system, placed each drive in one ata time to see if they would show up in storage>disk. All did (4x750Gb) EXCEPT new 2tb disk.
6) Tried drive in different trays - still didn't show up.
7) Thought firmware might be an issue so downgraded to 2.00.10 - (someone in forum reported WD20EADS working with this firmware).
8) Placed all 2tb disks in after shutting down. Brought N5200 up - found all but one of the drives.
9) Created new RAID - left it overnight - just showed formatting with no CPU loading and no progress indication. Shut down Thecus.
10) Restarted - checked storage>disks>OK and one of the drives didn't seem to have any information.
Result - 5 drives started with, now down to 3 that the N5200 can see and report information on.
Please help I can't afford to destroy 5 disks!