Thread: Mod abuse!!

Banned
    Thanks

Mod abuse!!

Hey, Watercooled here.

Seems I've just been temp-banned for a silly disagreement with Saracen: forums(dot)hexus.net/hexus-news/336520-steam-offer-refunds-eu-customers-14-day-period-2.html

I VERY much doubt anyone would have been banned for saying that to a non-member, or indeed to another mod, or perhaps Saracen in a better mood. In fact I've reported posts far worse than that; personal attacks aimed at myself or other and nothing has been done about it, or perhaps a post has been removed followed by a warning. That's not a complaint in itself BTW, just demonstrating the vast difference in response.

No warning here, just an instant ban without another mod having a say on it. I can't even access PMs to discuss it with another mod.

Thanks

Banned
    Thanks

Re: Mod abuse!!

And now Saracen's apparently threatening to ban Jonj1611 on the same thread for his opinion on the matter?

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

The issue has been referred to the other mods for discussion. They, or the board owner, can make up their own minds.

You broke the rules, insulted a mod and when asked to apologise, decided not only to not do so, but "report" a mod because YOU consider it not a breach of rules.

Jon apprently decided to ignore the "not for public discussion". That thread will turn into a debage on my moderating decision unless it's stopped, as previous threads have. That thread is NOT the place for that.

Jon is free to complain to other mods, or the board owner, as indeed is anybody else, but that thread is not the place for it.

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Also, this account now banned. That account in itself is against our rules, and now you know it's been referred to other mods, as ALL such incidents are anyway, there's no need for such an account.

Thread Information