Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: How to make a patched Windows 7 64 bit image - with a few clicks! (32bit added)

Thanks

Re: How to make a patched Windows 7 64 bit image - with a few clicks! (32bit added)

64Bit fully patched as of today.
    The normal exceptions apply to Windows Malicious Removal tool, and the defender updates. They update too often for me to contemplate adding them.

When I get a second, I might add instructions on how to make it auto activate if it's an OEM system (Dell, HP, Acer and so on....). It's pretty easy and means you're never messing about activating on a system that has the activation tied to the BIOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Thanks
    • jag272's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z87-G43
      • CPU:
      • i5 4670k
      • Memory:
      • 1x8GB XMS3 1600Mhz CL11
      • Storage:
      • 1x 1TB WD Blue
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 760 2GB Gaming
      • PSU:
      • XFX TS 550W Core
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide 300R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SyncMaster 943NW

Re: How to make a patched Windows 7 64 bit image - with a few clicks! (32bit added)

Oooh nice, thanks for this. Going to be building a new PC soon and this will save a whole bunch of time downloading updates on a new windows install if I just set this up before hand.

Thanks
    • Apex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z87M-PLUS
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5-4670K
      • Memory:
      • 32 GiB
      • Storage:
      • 20 TiB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PowerColor Radeon RX 6700 Fighter 10GB OC
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Core View 21
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGFA
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb nTL Cable

Tested working; cheers Agent

don't stock motherhoods
    Thanks
    • Millennium's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X470 Gaming Plus
      • CPU:
      • AMD 3600x @ 3.85 with Turbo
      • Memory:
      • 4*G-Skill Samsung B 3200 14T 1T
      • Storage:
      • WD850 and OEM961 1TB, 1.5TB SSD SATA, 4TB Storage, Ext.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 3070 FE HHR NVidia (Mining Over)
      • PSU:
      • ToughPouwer 1kw (thinking of an upgrade to 600w)
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define S
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 101 Home 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • HiSense 55" TV 4k 8bit BT709 18:10
      • Internet:
      • Vodafone 12 / month, high contentions weekends 2, phone backup.

Windows 8, I remember watching the developer interviews on a MS programming/dev website, introduced a significant thread scheduler optimisation over windows 7. So, from my point of view anyway, it's better and worth the license over windows 7 64bit.. yes you'll be stuck with the GUI in GPU memory and classic shell running on the PC, true. It's still better for that reason .

Good thread though (><):::

edit : mmhmm, next poster!
    Last edited by Millennium; 24-10-2014 at 06:02 PM.
    hexus trust : n(baby):n(lover):n(sky)|>P(Name)>>nopes

Be Careful on the Internet! I ran and tackled a drive by mining attack today. It's not designed to do anything than provide fake texts (say!)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Millennium View Post
    Windows 8, I remember watching the developer interviews on a MS programming/dev website, introduced a significant thread scheduler optimisation over windows 7. So, from my point of view anyway, it's better and worth the license over windows 7 64bit.. yes you'll be stuck with the GUI in GPU memory and classic shell running on the PC, true. It's still better for that reason .

Good thread though (><):::
    I don't think a single person would claim Windows 8 is less optimised than 7. This is really nothing to do with this thread though. This is about keeping a Windows 7 image up to date for repairing peoples PC's / corporate imaging.

Please, for the love of HEXUS, don't make this into a Windows 8 thread. It has no relation to this project. Keep the thread clean.

don't stock motherhoods
    Thanks
    • Millennium's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X470 Gaming Plus
      • CPU:
      • AMD 3600x @ 3.85 with Turbo
      • Memory:
      • 4*G-Skill Samsung B 3200 14T 1T
      • Storage:
      • WD850 and OEM961 1TB, 1.5TB SSD SATA, 4TB Storage, Ext.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 3070 FE HHR NVidia (Mining Over)
      • PSU:
      • ToughPouwer 1kw (thinking of an upgrade to 600w)
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define S
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 101 Home 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • HiSense 55" TV 4k 8bit BT709 18:10
      • Internet:
      • Vodafone 12 / month, high contentions weekends 2, phone backup.

You are quite correct. Sorry!

Windows 7 64 bit I was using this to patch it up (including hotfixes not normally on windows update): whdownloader

Be warned, lots of updates, an order in which to install them, quite a slow one. Probably not necessary for 98% user.
    hexus trust : n(baby):n(lover):n(sky)|>P(Name)>>nopes

Be Careful on the Internet! I ran and tackled a drive by mining attack today. It's not designed to do anything than provide fake texts (say!)

Registered+
    Thanks
    • AlSomething's system
      • CPU:
      • i7-4700MQ @ 2.4GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 128GB SSD, 1TB HD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GeForce GTX 765M
      • Case:
      • PC Specailist Laptop
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7

Hi

While I haven't tried the latest build I'm using 0.1, it worked very well, thank you. It was missing a number of updates but I guess these will be in 0.2. But it has still saved a huge amount of time and I'm scanned and installed different anti viruses with nothing found. (Can't trust anyone these sadly) It is now running on 2 PC's without a problem and I have a VM ready to go for the next cold caller con-man as I want tofind out what they do and install!
    Anyway, as it takes so much time I will not be doing it soon unless I have fair few PC's to format as the few updates, including the optional didn't take that long.
    Thanks again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlSomething View Post

While I haven't tried the latest build I'm using 0.1, it worked very well, thank you. It was missing a number of updates but I guess these will be in 0.2. But it has still saved a huge amount of time and I'm scanned and installed different anti viruses with nothing found. (Can't trust anyone these sadly)
    If I wanted to distribute viruses, I'd be pretty dumb to do it on a forum where lots of people know me in real life, and you can easily find out my personal details through Google. That and you can see all the downloads / integration in a text file. It really is an 'open' set of scripts.

Thanks

Potentially I may have come across a bit of a bug. Its not to do with patching though its post install related.

I have to say I have only come across it today so haven't done much investigation and testing.

I have done a basic install in a VM, I have then injected drivers for several different machines, I have then taken the VM and put it to metal. It all works as it should and windows sucks the drivers from the driver store and its all good.

However if I Sysprep (with generalize) the machine it goes through the motions but then gets stuck doing the finialising your settings after you set location network time etc... like the post install install such as ie11. It will sit there for hours and never moves on. If I kill the power though it will boot up and work as it should. So its not a killer problem but quite annoying.

I just wondered what may be the cause and if anyone else has come across it.

At some point I will try doing another type of machine, installing from disc and sysprepping, sysprepping the VM and then cloning to a PC.

---

Okay after a bit of investigation it is as I suspected and to do with the post install installs. It seems on sysprep it tries to do these again and of course cannot find them.

I brought up a cmd prompt using Shift F10 and then typed "tasklist /v | more" to see what was running. I could see a cmd.exe and it referenced kb2830477-x64 and after noting dow the PID I did "taskkill /PID 2320" it then showed an error message saying Windows cannot find... C:\Manualinstall\Windows6.1-kb2533552-x64.....msu and then the same again for kb2858725, kb2931368, kb2898869, kb2901126 and 7z920.msi (7zip).

I don't imagine that it really needs to do these again but I have no idea how to stop it looking for them again. I do not really want to create a manual install folder with them or some fake versions so it just skips them.

----

Update again I have found in C:\windows\setup\scripts a file called SetupComplete.cmd and insdie it listed all the updates so I will delete them all and see how it goes.
    You cant edit it but you can delete it... hopefully it won't cause an error not being there.
    Last edited by Kumagoro; 03-11-2014 at 05:21 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • AlSomething's system
      • CPU:
      • i7-4700MQ @ 2.4GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 128GB SSD, 1TB HD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GeForce GTX 765M
      • Case:
      • PC Specailist Laptop
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    If I wanted to distribute viruses, I'd be pretty dumb to do it on a forum where lots of people know me in real life, and you can easily find out my personal details through Google. That and you can see all the downloads / integration in a text file. It really is an 'open' set of scripts.
    Yes maybe you would of been dumb to do it that way, but some people might. Even some very large companies have been found distributing malware due to a rogue employee. Who have been able to cover their tracks, so maybe not so dumb. I'm new to this forum, never met you and know little about the site. Yes I looked into the scripts, but I still could of over looked the virus url and downloaded it. I just wanted to give another person like me a bit of reassurance, although with my sign up date and number of posts, it wouldn't stand for much. We can never be to careful these days in the online world.

So while I still don't trust you 100%, you have earn't some respect and you have my thanks for your hard work.

Thanks

I added: del /F /Q %SystemDrive%\Windows\Setup\Scripts\SetupComplete.cmd

to the end of the SetupComplete.cmd to delete itself and it stopped the issue with sysprepping.

The SetupComplete.cmd is located in W7_Patcher_64bit_0.2b\Program\helpers\data

12. Received thanks from:

Apex (30-11-2014)

Thanks

I've not looked into it yet. I will do at some point, but busy right now. Glad you found a solution

14. Received thanks from:

Apex (30-11-2014)

Thanks
    • Apex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z87M-PLUS
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5-4670K
      • Memory:
      • 32 GiB
      • Storage:
      • 20 TiB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PowerColor Radeon RX 6700 Fighter 10GB OC
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Core View 21
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGFA
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb nTL Cable

Used this for the first time in 'anger' outside of testing on a VM. Took just shy of 25mins from start to finish on the laptop am rebuilding, normal processing time is around ten before.

Not too shabby at all, now all i need to do is learn how to include other apps for silent install

Thanks

It's very easy - just check how I'm doing 7zip and follow that format

I'm a bit busy right now, but when I add the latest updates I'll do a little post on it.

17. Received thanks from:

Apex (03-12-2014)

I'm Very Important
    Thanks
    • Domestic_Ginger's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3
      • CPU:
      • Phenom II X2 550
      • Memory:
      • 4GB DDR2
      • Storage:
      • F3 500gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 550vx
      • Case:
      • NZXT beta evo
      • Operating System:
      • W7
      • Monitor(s):
      • G2222HDL

Updating an image from SP1 to SPAgent. Went off piste by trying solo and then fired up the video which explained everything perfectly. Will come and have a look in a while.

Quick question. Can we copy chipset drivers etc to the drivers folder for integration on install asyou would with raid and sata drivers?

Thanks alot; this will be very useful when swapping out my SSD for a larger one and starting with a fresh install.

Thanks
    • Marcvs's system
      • CPU:
      • Acer Aspire 5810T
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7/Mac OSX Lion
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic 22" (1920*1200)

Any plans to update this?

Regards

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread Information