Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sony PSP advert : We're shocked

Thanks
    The thing is though there are 2 pictures. One with a black woman grabbing the shirt of the white woman whilst the white woman is on the ground or so it appears and this one.

What im interested in is why the white woman holding the black woman is the picture that is being used as an example of rascism when the black woman over the top of the white woman is just as bad or even worse.

See here

http://pspupdates.qj.net/uploads/art...5/nibanner.jpg
    Because of Munich, God gave us Georgy Best

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 850 Pro + 3TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC
    Which is more racist? the poster or the fact there cant be an image of a white woman hitting a black without huge uproar, despite the partner image displaying the opposite?

People dont usually compare skin tones before laying into each other.

Punching a black guy wouldn't make a racist because he was black would.

If you only want to twp white women or two balck fighing in the image; you should reconsider your approach to other races, not sony's.
    Last edited by chuckskull; 05-07-2006 at 05:22 PM.

Mike Fishcake
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey M@a
    Ah so the PC brigade is out in force again, jesus, it's only an advert
    News for you:

THERE IS NO 'PC BRIGADE'. They don't exist. They're a mythical organisation that people can whinge about everytime someone challenges their beliefs.

This is what I mean - complain about something being racist and you immediately get lumped with with those whiny people that bitch about anything that could be ambiguously taken as possibly being offensive to some minority everywhere.

Like I said before - Just because someone's offended by something they consider to be racist doesn't automatically mean they're a wooly jumpered shandy-drinking liberal.

Also - It's "Just an advert"? How is that relevant? Does that mean that you can show or depict anything on an advert, because it's "just an advert"? Could you show a pensioner being violated by a wolf, just because "it's only an advert"?

I'd also like to know that who exactly is saying that the black woman attacking the white woman isn't racist because I'll be damned if I can find anyone saying that. Anybody with half a brain knows that that's just as bad.

I just don't understand why people immediately jump on someone's back when they accuse something of being racist! Racism does exist you know!

You're living with blinkers on if you think that this world is totally racism free. All over the world people are being discriminated against because they're black/white/christian/muslim/atheist/whatever, and just because the media like to portray everyone living in beautiful harmony with each other, with noone judging each other, doesn't mean that's how it is in real life.

Some people are stupid. Some people are insane. Some people are bigoted, and believe it or not, this doesn't exclude advertising executives.

Thanks
    • unreal's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel iMac 20" & Macbook
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 2.0Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR667
      • Storage:
      • 1TB 7200 Int + 1.5Tb Ext
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi Radeon 2400XT
      • PSU:
      • 95W or something?
      • Case:
      • Intel iMac 20" Aluminium
      • Operating System:
      • OSX Snow Leopard (Win 7 x64 on Macbook Bootcamp)
      • Monitor(s):
      • 20" @ 1680x1050 & 27" 1080p HDTV
      • Internet:
      • O2 10mb
    http://pspupdates.qj.net/uploads/art...jpreviewth.jpg

Hot. I want that for a massive arty poster along the side of my room

I don't think its racist. Especially since there is a poster of both the women with roles switched. It's not nessecary to stir up racism because it just enforces people to judge racism and other taboo's of society from random things. Like a poster of a man & woman in the same bed which would mean OMGSEX or someone throwing out all the rubbish in a black bag is offensive because the bag is black -_-

No need for all this judgemental stuff I reckon.

www.5lab.co.uk
    Thanks
    racism is
    The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
    Discrimination or prejudice based on race.
    its not racism. it plays on the colour of the people, but it doesnt say one is more, or less superior than the other. theres nothing wrong with playing on physical attributes of people, lots of advertising has big breasted girls because they make stuff look pretty. should we only have ugly girls on adverts? because its breastist? dont be daft.

if any new advert is racist, its the pot noodle ones which portray welsh people as stupid miners. but that's ok because its
    a) funny
    b) true

hughlunnon@yahoo.com | I have sigs turned off..

Mike Fishcake
    I agree with you - the photo itself isn't racist. It's the caption that changes the context of it and sets alarm bells off. If I'd have seen the photo or the captions on its own, I wouldn't have thought any more of it.

FWIW, I'm not one of those insufferable halfwits that goes hunting for people to be self-righteous to, I always like to give people the benefit of the doubt because no one likes a whinger, but if I strongly believe something is offensive, I *will* say so.

Rys
    Tiled
    Thanks
    This thread shows that the ad campaign completely works. It's about as racist as a hedgehog eating jam.
    MOLLY AND POPPY!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven W
    Am I over-reacting?
    yes. http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/

Thanks
    I never understand their point(Sony), starting with the playstation 3 price 499£

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information