Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What can abit do for you.

Thanks

What can abit do for you.

I am intrested to know what you all think of the new Universal abit.

How is our technical support?

How is our RMA services?

Can we do more to help?

Does our website offer enough updates?

Please submit your comments.

***** Lurker
    Thanks
    • d3fiant's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GB X58A-UDR3 FB11
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 950
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 12GB DDR3 1600
      • Storage:
      • 2x 120GB OCZ Agility SSD + 500GB SP F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GB Windforce GTX670 2GB
      • PSU:
      • 850W Akasa
      • Case:
      • Fractal R3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64 HP Retail
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" 1920x1080 Iiyama LED
      • Internet:
      • 60MB VM
    I would imagine bios updates may crop up in comments but thats down to the guys in taiwan is it not. Cant really complain about the support received in this forum and havent had the need to RMA. Can you do more? stupid question, of course u can do more As for the website and updates, I refer back to the impending flod of comments regarding bios updates

Thanks
    I think bios updates are a major factor for everyone. I intend to send all of the comments made here to Head office (the sensible ones anyway).

Thanks
    I have since moved on from my previous job Sean. But talking from experience..

It was ideal having you just around the corner, it was refreshing to be able to drop motherboard we had outstanding issues with off with you for you to diagnose, and you were always just a phone call away for any queries! Your support raised your profile in my ex-manager's choice of manufacturers to go for, which is always a hard task..!

Thanks
    • Blitzen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ABIT iX38 QuadGT
      • CPU:
      • Intel Quad Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz : 30 Degrees Idle - 41-46 Degrees Load
      • Memory:
      • 4 x 1GB OCZ Platinum PC6400 @ 4-4-4-12
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 500GB Samsung Spinpoints - RAID 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 285
      • PSU:
      • Enermax MODU 82+ 625W
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic Q22wb 22" Widescreen - 5ms
      • Internet:
      • O2 premium @ 17mb
    Quote Originally Posted by ABIT Sean View Post

How is our RMA services?

Can we do more to help?

1. Technical Support. i dont know if thats any good or not really. The 'Black Box' feature is ignored so on that basis its not great.

2. RMA - Hope i dont have to use them. Is it in the UK? Link please so i can read about it?

3. More to help? - Definitely. The website for updates/driver/bios etc is deathly slow and the links are often dead anyway.
    You bios revisions (as pointed out this week for AW9D-MAX <<--example) are not finished, then being released to cause problems. This is very irresponsible and shouldnt be allowed to happen.

With all this in mind, i love the ABIT boards and imho are the best. Shame the tecnical stuff lags behind a little.

Thanks

The Black Box tool does work, and I got two responses that were actually helpful (for AB9 Pro problems); turnaround times are high, though (about a week in my case). So, a faster response would be nice

Can we do more to help?
    This forum and the Abit USA one are worth their weight in gold ... Abit should include topics discussed an resolved into the FAQs. Plus - please start to use changelogs that tell us what has been resolved in a BIOS or driver version, and what has not.

No, far from it. Haven't seen a BIOS update for the AB9 Pro since three months, and the current BIOS is seriously broken Same for drivers - please upload updates more frequently and annotate them better. And if it takes longer to remedy a problem - give a status update and ETA for a fix.

Having said that, I still like your products - I'd be hard pressed to replace the AB9 Pro with something equivalent, since it has the right feature set, and your uGuru stuff is really cool.

Thanks
    • jimborae's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 9700K@4.7Ghz
      • Memory:
      • Team Group DDR-3000 32Gig
      • Storage:
      • 1x Samsung 870 Evo 500Gb SSD, 1 x WD Red 4TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT watercooled
      • PSU:
      • XFX 850W Black Edition
      • Case:
      • Phantek Enthoo Prime
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 xDell 24"
      • Internet:
      • PlusNet 70Mb

How is our RMA services?

Can we do more to help?

1. Technical support - Haven't had to use it in long time but when I did have the misfortune to use it it was disappointing to say the least. The reply I received was fairly generic and didn't address directly my issue and it was in very poor, broken english.

2. RMA services - Thankfully not had to use them yet although I might have to if issues with the FP-IN9 aren't sorted out soon!!

3. Can we do more to help? Yes, better support would much appreciated. Recently Abit Forums was down for quite awhile and when it did resurface it was an it was an incomplete back up. Also with all the problems with the FP-IN9 the only excuse I've seen was that everyone was at CeBit! This doesn't create a good impression with customers and it's customer support that differentiates a so so company from a great company. I work for a major telecoms company and if there is a problem it doesn't get left till people get back from conferences.

4. Does our website offer enough updates? - Nowhere near I'm afraid to say, apart from the FP-IN9's lack of bios support and other other issues, I have also bought a LG95 board for an htpc. Again no bios updates to fix issues such as an inability to set cpu fsb correctly and no basic voltage control. Not even DDR voltage which is vital to running the ram at correct timings. I went to the website to get more information regarding PWM settings and the downloadable manual is just as sparse as the paper one that came with the board.

Sean, I appreciate you taking the time to ask these questions and it would be good if our answers were listened to back in Taiwan but judging by my experiences so far I don't hold out much hope. I've been using Abit products since the mighty BP6 and KT7 and things have never looked so sour from this customers point of view.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimborae View Post
    Recently Abit Forums was down for quite awhile and when it did resurface it was an it was an incomplete back up.
    1. the abit-USA forums are hosted/run by abit USA - most of the other abit subsidiary websites appear to run of the Taiwan website servers (Sean perhaps can confirm?).

2. they were unlucky enough to get hit twice in short order with different problems which basically were outwith their control & probably couldn't have happened in a worse period.
    The good news is that abit USA are installing new hardware & software for the forums as a result (the bad news is that te first attempt at the software upgrade ran into some problems).

Sean, I'm going to echo everyone else I suspect ...
    The new hardware all looks great - design, component choice etc. but BIOS development seems to be lagging ...

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750
    abit A-S78H, Phenom 9750,

My HEXUS.trust abit forums

Thanks
    ABIT Support is 10/10 as far as I'm concerned

I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with M, while Sean was sunbathing
    M had me stripping the system down and rebuilding it bit by bit to eventually find it was the 1000w Emermax PSU at fault.

Cheers M

Thanks
    • danroyle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • N/A
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 4720HQ
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 128GB SSD +1tb HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce Gtx960m
      • PSU:
      • N/A
      • Case:
      • N/A
      • Operating System:
      • WINDOWS 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15.6" IPS
      • Internet:
      • BT Fibre
    one thing i would like you to do abit sean is put firewire ports back on motherboards i got the fp-in9 sli and just got my hands on an ipod for the missus

now thanks to abit i have had the chat with my missus explaining that my kick arse board that i had to have becasue it was essential and did everything my last board did and more doesn't have firewire like my old one

anyone here thats married will know this conversation well

ipods are the norm so having a good board should really put a firewire on it

also get some better bioses out

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danroyle View Post
    one thing i would like you to do abit sean is put firewire ports back on motherboards i got the fp-in9 sli and just got my hands on an ipod for the missus

now thanks to abit i have had the chat with my missus explaining that my kick arse board that i had to have becasue it was essential and did everything my last board did and more doesn't have firewire like my old one

anyone here thats married will know this conversation well

ipods are the norm so having a good board should really put a firewire on it

also get some better bioses out
    I think is strange that the FP-IN9 SLI has no firewire, often makes me wonder what happens in the design meetings

Thanks
    I think is strange that the FP-IN9 SLI has no firewire, often makes me wonder what happens in the design meetings
    & it should have had uGuru ...

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750
    abit A-S78H, Phenom 9750,

My HEXUS.trust abit forums

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BUFF View Post
    1. the abit-USA forums are hosted/run by abit USA - most of the other abit subsidiary websites appear to run of the Taiwan website servers (Sean perhaps can confirm?).

2. they were unlucky enough to get hit twice in short order with different problems which basically were outwith their control & probably couldn't have happened in a worse period.
    The good news is that abit USA are installing new hardware & software for the forums as a result (the bad news is that te first attempt at the software upgrade ran into some problems).

Sean, I'm going to echo everyone else I suspect ...
    The new hardware all looks great - design, component choice etc. but BIOS development seems to be lagging ...
    Buff is right, abit USA have there own servers for there website and forums.

Thanks
    Yes, BIOS updates. I remember the days when they were pretty regular

Thanks
    • Nelly.'s system
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 7600
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 2x16GB 5600C36
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 750 PSU
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define S
      • Operating System:
      • Win 11 Pro / Linux
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC 24WMGX3 24" TFT
      • Internet:
      • 70GB Broadband
    Sean have you worked at Abit over 5 years? I remember talking to someone regarding my KR7A-Raid mobo around 2001 I bet it was you, anyway back on topic. .

RMA Service:- EXCELLENT! - I had a faulty Abit IN9 32X-MAX, sent it back to retailer in turn who tested it & sent it back to Abit:-
    14th March - Motherboard sent back to Abit for either repair or replacement
    20th March - Motherboard will be replaced & dispatched on the following order number.
    That's no more than 5 working days to sort it out! Cheers ABIT, excellent service.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Abit's Forum/Support:- There doesnt seem to be any support from Abit themselves, it would be very reassuring to have some sort of representation from Abit i.e. Motherboard Engineer? Bios Expert? Technical Support in the forums, in my opinion things like this give just as much appeal to buying a motherboard as to buying a motherboard because it overclocks one of the best, if you catch what I'm saying? More customer support. . . !
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bios Updates:- Would make more sales if you had better/regular bios updates for products, people look into these things prior to purchasing products, especially enthusiasts / overclockers etc, if they know that good support is their they will be more inclined to buy your products.

Question:- In regards to bugs/fixes with motherboards, is their a specific e-mail address to report bugs to? The more people report issues, the more chance of them being fixed in bios updates.
    What I have mentioned above, would give Abit a much improved reputation in terms of being a good manufacturer of motherboards & other products - reputation is everything, it generates sales & growth of a company.

Thanks
    I would like to see a single place where 'actual' problems can be reported so that Abit can use this information for creating newer BIOS's etc.

Talk to us more Abit, tell us why the forums went down (when they went down), tell us what progress has been made on the next BIOS and what fixes we can expect ... etc, etc.

Other than that, I'm so glad I chose Abit this time and hope that Abit can soon 'unlock' the beast within so that we can tame it.

Thread Information