• Tagan 580w
      • Case:
      • Gigabyte Aurora
      • Monitor(s):
      • Fujitsu Siemens 22" + 42" plasma
      • Internet:
      • 2MB Tiscali

QuadGT help please.

Okay I have finished setting up QuadGT and I am happy so far except for a few niggles.
    I am using the latest bios and and it has done a few strange things like set all my shutdown temps to 255C undervolted my memory and I am not sure of the core temp as the bios says 29 and core temp says 21 and 23 for the two cores. I have oced to 410x8 at stock voltages. guru(latest) does not give me any fan speeds or temps but allows me to oc.
    I am scared to up voltages to go any further as I do not trust any of the readings. Has anybody else had problems like this? Or got any idea what might be wrong. My rig is as my system.
    Maybe go back to the last bios version. Clever me(not) decided to flash the bios before fully testing the original one.

Thanks
    which version of uGuru?
    The BIOS hasn't undervolted your RAM it has set the JEDEC standard 1.8V (it's your RAM that requires non-standard voltage).

As for the CPU temps there are 2 potential reasons for the discrepancy:
    1. when you are in the BIOS the system doesn't have access to things like system idle process etc. & consequently runs hotter than idling in Windows
    2. uGuru typically seems to include a small conversion factor to simulate the more conventional temp from an in-socket sensor rather than the in-die that it's actually reading.

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750
    abit A-S78H, Phenom 9750,

My HEXUS.trust abit forums

Thanks
    • redlight's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit QuadGT
      • CPU:
      • Core 2 Quad 6600@3.1
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Geil PC6400
      • Storage:
      • 2x250GB Samsung 400GB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Leadtek 8800GTS 640MB
      • PSU:
      • Tagan 580w
      • Case:
      • Gigabyte Aurora
      • Monitor(s):
      • Fujitsu Siemens 22" + 42" plasma
      • Internet:
      • 2MB Tiscali
    Thanks for the reply Buff. It is now sorted. I had to do clear the cmos(trying to much)and it all works fine now. Beats me why but thats computers for you.
    Buff it set the memory to 2.0v not the standard 1.8v thats why I was a bit concerned.
    Last edited by redlight; 20-04-2007 at 07:00 AM.

Thanks
    • Richh's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ROG Maximus VIII Hero
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 8700K delid, H115i Platinum
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Dominator GT 3200
      • Storage:
      • Loads
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX970 FTW+
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX860i
      • Case:
      • Custom open frame
      • Operating System:
      • Win10 Pro x64 / occasionally Win 7 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • ROG Swift PG279Q, Sony 48A9
    Quote Originally Posted by redlight View Post
    I am using the latest bios
    Which BIOS is that, exactly? For future reference, talking about the "latest" BIOS, driver or whatever doesn't really help much as all it tells us is that you're using the latest thing that you know about. To give you an example, the latest official QuadGT BIOS is 11, whereas the latest QuadGT BIOS is 13beta1. Which one did you mean?

and and it has done a few strange things like set all my shutdown temps to 255C
    That normally happens when uGuru is force-reset. You can set them back how they're supposed to be with the in-OS uGuru utility.

undervolted my memory and I am not sure of the core temp as the bios says 29 and core temp says 21 and 23 for the two cores.
    As BUFF suggests, the BIOS gives you the reading when the PC is sat doing nothing other than displaying the BIOS. CoreTemp reads the temp when the OS is up, and at that point you have idle processes reducing CPU power consumption and hence dropping the temperatures.

However, all that said, CoreTemp reads the onboard Digital Thermal Sensors, while uGuru (both in the BIOS, and in the OS) reads something else - possibly the processor's onboard PII diode. As such, even forgetting about the fact that you're measuring the temp at different times, you are not comparing like with like.

Speaking of which...

I have oced to 410x8 at stock voltages.
    Are we to take it that you're watercooling? If not, the CoreTemp readings you're seeing are amazingly - to the point of unrealistically - low. Are these idle or loaded temps, and which version of CoreTemp are you using?

guru(latest)...
    Would that be 3.101 or 3.103?

...does not give me any fan speeds or temps
    Have you investigated why this is the case? It sounds as though all the AbitEQ monitoring channels have been disabled during that force-reset mentioned earlier. As such, you will have to manually re-enable them, via the Abit EQ Setup page in the uGuru Utility.

I am scared to up voltages to go any further as I do not trust any of the readings.
    It is impossible for us to answer that as you haven't given us sufficient information. Your CoreTemp readings certainly do look unrealistic if you are using an air cooler. If, however, you're on H20, or live in the arctic, they're fine and dandy.

The fact that you claim that the uGuru OS utility isn't displaying the CPU temperature also makes it more difficult for us to comment on the readings you're seeing. There's no reason - other than user setup - why this shouldn't be the case, so suggest going back to check this, and then telling us what temperatures both uGuru and CoreTemp are reporting, in the OS, under full and sustained load.

Maybe go back to the last bios version. Clever me(not) decided to flash the bios before fully testing the original one.
    Again, if you told us which specific builds you were using, rather than that slightly nebulous "latest" term, we'd be better placed to advise.
    BH6, BX6 2.0, BE6, BE6-II 2.0, ST6-RAID, BE6-II 2.0 (again), BD7-RAID, BD7II-RAID, IC7-G, IC7 Max3, AB9 QuadGT, IX38 QuadGT. IX58... Oh, b*ll*cks. RIP Abit

Thread Information