Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: **Official ABIT IX38 QuadGT Review/Overclock/Guide Thread**

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: **Official ABIT IX38 QuadGT Review/Overclock/Guide Thread**

Quote Originally Posted by Myrmeleon View Post
    Sorry man,
    Currently i have on my IX38 Quad GT the official bios release V14 (m704b_14.BIN - B02 - compilated date 07.01.2008) downloaded from the abit website and flashed with MS-Dos startup floppy disk!
    I have now downloaded the beta bios m704b.bin from the link above that you have write.
    But this bios not work because after to have execute runme.bat, awdflash not recognize this bios beta......
    Awdflash find allways the bios m704b_14.BIN but not the m704b.BIN.
    WhY??
    Do I have to rename this bios?
    This bios beta E0 support is the same of the bios V14 that is on the official site??
    Bios V14 official work fine the same whit the Q9550 step E0???
    Thank's!
    Yes rename the bios file or edit the runme.bat to have the correct bios name to use.
    The beta has update from my understandings.
    I don't think they made any Q9550 E0 steppings so I was told. My Q9550 is a C1.
    {IX38QGT Q9650 9x450 4.0Ghz}
    {IP35ProXE Q9550 8.5x450 3.8Ghz}
    {IP35-Pro Q9450 8x440 3.5Ghz}

Thanks
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
    They did.
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

Thanks
    • Myrmeleon's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IX38 QuadGT
      • CPU:
      • Intel Penryn E8400
      • Memory:
      • 2x2 GB DDR2 Team Elite PC6400 5-5-5-15
      • Storage:
      • HD1 WD RAPTOR 74 GB SATA 10000 rpm, HD2 Maxtor SATA 160 GB 7200 rpm
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX 260 GTX 896 MB BLACK EDITION 666
      • PSU:
      • 500 Watt Modular Liberty
      • Case:
      • Middle Tower Chameleon Point of View
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 20,1" WT 1680x1050 5ms

Yes rename the bios file or edit the runme.bat to have the correct bios name to use.
    The beta has update from my understandings.
    Yes Q9550 have 2 step: C1 and E0.
    How Do i rename the bios beta???
    The official bios v14 is M704B_14.BIN
    m704b. rename in???
    Thank's!

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Myrmeleon View Post
    Yes Q9550 have 2 step: C1 and E0.
    How Do i rename the bios beta???
    The official bios v14 is M704B_14.BIN
    m704b. rename in???
    Thank's!
    Backup the officaL 14 somewere, then right click m704b.bin & name it M704B_14.BIN.
    If offical M704B_14.BIN is still in the folder it will need to overwrite, so its just easier to delete or move it somewere else out of the way.
    {IX38QGT Q9650 9x450 4.0Ghz}
    {IP35ProXE Q9550 8.5x450 3.8Ghz}
    {IP35-Pro Q9450 8x440 3.5Ghz}

Thanks
    • Myrmeleon's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IX38 QuadGT
      • CPU:
      • Intel Penryn E8400
      • Memory:
      • 2x2 GB DDR2 Team Elite PC6400 5-5-5-15
      • Storage:
      • HD1 WD RAPTOR 74 GB SATA 10000 rpm, HD2 Maxtor SATA 160 GB 7200 rpm
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX 260 GTX 896 MB BLACK EDITION 666
      • PSU:
      • 500 Watt Modular Liberty
      • Case:
      • Middle Tower Chameleon Point of View
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 20,1" WT 1680x1050 5ms

Backup the officaL 14 somewere, then right click m704b.bin & name it M704B_14.BIN.
    If offical M704B_14.BIN is still in the folder it will need to overwrite, so its just easier to delete or move it somewere else out of the way.
    Thank you for information!
    I Have flashed with E0 beta bios for new Q9550 e Q9650 cpu for upgrade.

Thanks

Hello.
    I recently dug my abit ix38 quad gt out of the garage( was stored there a year) and I cannot remember any settings for anything.
    I also have a few questions.

1. There is a red connection on the motherboard that says....GURU.... yet you dont need anything connected to it for uguru to work. So.... What is that for? what connects to that?

2.The settings in the Bios under CPU user defined that change the DDR2 CPU ratio.... I think there are like 6 or 7 settings. they look like this.....1:1.50 .... that is ONE of the settings. It says it changes the CPURAMM. I have 1066 mushkin RAM and it says default is 817 so my ram isnt running nearly 1066. And the way to move it is by the CPU Mhz setting or by changing it itself. What the heck is it saying? Is it double that number or is that what it actually is? I would never had thought any RAM from Mushkin wouldnt come right from the factory with factory settings by default! Never would had thought it. So when I start changing things will that change accordingly? I mean if I raise the FSB and i know that raises the RAMMhz will raising that setting mess the first settings up? I am a little lost.

Also I know I used to clock to 4.1ghz with my qx9650 and with no trouble. I used to set the northbridge to 1.50v I dont remember what I ever set the CPU VTT at. I know that is the target and I could almost sware I set that to 1.50v as well. I am just not willing to say that I for sure did that.

and last question.... Can someone please post a handy copy of something for overclocking this Boards settings so I can see all the settings at one time with an explaination of what they are...i mean for ABIT to just put something to the effect of what it will Thanks a mill beforehand!
    Last edited by abeeftec; 20-10-2009 at 06:26 AM. Reason: editing to say that the comment about the GURU...

Thanks

1. will be for a guru clock/guru panel

2. what CPU are you running? this will have an effect on what the mobo sets as defaults ( as will running failsafe default or optimised default).

abit are gone so they aren't going to put anything new up but there is http://www.abit.com.tw/banner/bios-guide/index.htm plus presumably you have a manual.

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750
    abit A-S78H, Phenom 9750,

My HEXUS.trust abit forums

Thanks

Thanks alot for the reply!
    I never thought anyone would.

My CPU is the QX9650 And its on water. runs normally around 28 to 30 and I have never saw it go over 34 under load. I am about to put a much better block on it so it will run cooler even.

What do you mean Abit is gone? They are out of business? if so that sucks because they have great boards. I have been using all Asus boards and this is the first time I ever used anything else and I think its way better.

Where can I get this guru panel?
    And if you can set me up with some settings. I am almost positive that I had my Mushkin enhanced Ram set on 4 5 4 11 at 1000 mhz and its 1066. It may have been 5 4 5 11. But I think it was the former because the Mhz is lower then the clocked speed. I think I would had rather had the latency higher and the mhz up past 1066. I hear that the latency really doesnt mean much. and the rated speed of the ram is really in the pc8500 number. because its 8.5 gbs no matter the latency so if you get the mhz up then that number goes up as well.

Is there any general rules about what these settings should be set at? because it seems there is a great deal of settings for each one. thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abeeftec View Post

What do you mean Abit is gone? They are out of business? if so that sucks because they have great boards. I have been using all Asus boards and this is the first time I ever used anything else and I think its way better.
    yes, their parent company killed them because they weren't making the required profit margins.
    abit are/will be missed by more than a few but they couldn't compete with the economies of scale that Asus/Gigabyte/MSI/ECS etc.. enjoy.

obviouisly as abit have been gone for nearly a year it's either a case of finding 1 gathering dust on a shelf somewhere or buying second hand.
    where are you?

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BUFF View Post
    obviouisly as abit have been gone for nearly a year it's either a case of finding 1 gathering dust on a shelf somewhere or buying second hand.
    where are you?
    I am in Maryland.
    That really sucks that they are gone. I mean man I was making them my new motherboard supplier for all biulds and of course my luck.... Hey you have any companies you would like to go under? Or perhaps something you would like ruined? I am sure if you tell me and I buy it, call them, use it or choose it... something bad will happen to it!!.... OR THEM!!! LOL

Well anyway. I really want to overclock this board because of all the newer technology. I plan on getting the new top of the line soon so I want to mess around with this in the meantime. I figure If I can get some high settings that will work for overclocking I can keep tweaking from there till something works and mess with it till it blows up or I find something out that i never knew. Got to tweak it! I know though If i cant get this thing back to at least 3.8 then I will never break 4.1 again. I really think I can get it over 4.4 on water. But of course I need some base overclock at around 3.6 to even start from. I dont remember a thing about it. Its been like 11 months or so since I even turned a PC on so im sort of lost and have forgotten everything about overclocking. I wasnt into it that long to begin with.

Thanks

I am in Maryland.
    That really sucks that they are gone. I mean man I was making them my new motherboard supplier for all biulds and of course my luck.... Hey you have any companies you would like to go under? Or perhaps something you would like ruined? I am sure if you tell me and I buy it, call them, use it or choose it... something bad will happen to it!!.... OR THEM!!! LOL
    I know someone else like you so you aren't alone. Perhaps you should change your name to Jonah?
    why couldn't you have done for Asus ...

Well anyway. I really want to overclock this board because of all the newer technology. I plan on getting the new top of the line soon so I want to mess around with this in the meantime. I figure If I can get some high settings that will work for overclocking I can keep tweaking from there till something works and mess with it till it blows up or I find something out that i never knew. Got to tweak it! I know though If i cant get this thing back to at least 3.8 then I will never break 4.1 again. I really think I can get it over 4.4 on water. But of course I need some base overclock at around 3.6 to even start from. I dont remember a thing about it. Its been like 11 months or so since I even turned a PC on so im sort of lost and have forgotten everything about overclocking. I wasnt into it that long to begin with.
    I never had an IX38 so i suggest that you clink on the link to abit forums @TRP in my sig. & ask there as some of them did.
    Also check the forum at XtremeSystems where I expect there to have been an IX38 thread.

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750

Registered+
    Thanks
    • varkanoid's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit X38 QuadGT
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 4ghz
      • Memory:
      • OCZ Reaper PC8500
      • Storage:
      • 3 x Hard Drives 2tb total
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac 1gb GTX280
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650w
      • Case:
      • CoolerMaster CM690
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer 24"
      • Internet:
      • DSL 8mb

Thanks alot for the reply!
    I never thought anyone would.

My CPU is the QX9650 And its on water. runs normally around 28 to 30 and I have never saw it go over 34 under load. I am about to put a much better block on it so it will run cooler even.

If you are still after one do a search on ebay for GC-02 and it comes up with one as of todays date (29/11/09)
    Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3, i5 760 @ 4ghz. Corsair PC3-12800 4gb, Antec 750w, MSI GTX460 Cyclone, Coolermaster case CM-690, Asus Xonar DX http://www.red-dwarf.net

Thanks

for an IX38 you ideally want a GC-03.

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Dizel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • abit IX38 QuadGT
      • CPU:
      • Core 2 Quad Q9550 E0@3.6GHz/1.23V
      • Memory:
      • 2x2GB G.Skill Black PI PC2-8500
      • Storage:
      • 3xWD6400AAKS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte 9800GT OC w.Zalman VF900 Fatal1ty
      • PSU:
      • OCZ GameXStream 600W
      • Case:
      • CM Centurion 5
      • Operating System:
      • XP
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 226BW
      • Internet:
      • DSL

I have abit µGuru panel working perfectly with IX38 QuadGT

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tina10 View Post
    thanks for sharing such a good information , its really helpful for us . . and when i have to do lot of work on my cell phone and laptop so i need power bank to charge my phone and laptop for long time . thanks
    Yes, powerbanks are very useful and available on many websites. However that has nothing to do with this discussion.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread Information