Thread: AS8-V Alarm

Thanks

AS8-V Alarm

Strange problem, when my PC's upright and I turn it on, an alarm goes off and nothing loads, no splash screen, nothing. But when I put it on it's side, it loads ok.

The post code stops at 9.0, at first I thought this might have been a chip problem, but if the chip was screwed then putting the pc upright shouldn't make any difference.

I've put a new battery in just incase that was dead, the cpu fan block seems to be on tight, it just seems very strange that it works on it side which suggests there's something loose and not making contact when upright, but I can't see what else I can do apart from leaving it on it's side.

Thanks

Re: AS8-V Alarm

I've since installed a Freezer Pro 7 Rev 2 cooler, at first this seemed to work but I noticed the idle temp was around 45c, before it was about 40.

So I figure no big deal, but then in a game an alarm went off for the cpu temp, in the bios it was set to 75c for the alarm.

So then I remove the paste that came with the cooler and apply a little blob of Arctic MX-2, the idle temp is now around 38-40c, and in game and Prime 95 that goes to 55c which I beleive is fine.

Hopefully this is sorted now, and I can only imagine that there was something not quite right with the old paste on the stock intel cooler, that would probably explain why it was working better on it's side than upright before as there was more contact being pressed down, we shall see.

Thread Information