Thread: abit ip35 pro xe bios mod

Thanks

abit ip35 pro xe bios mod

does anyone know how to add an isa option rom to one of these ip35 pro xe boards? I posted the whole big long story over here,
    but theres noone over there responding, but a lot of views. if someone could if theyve done it tell me how it works on abit. see some guy the site lejabeach, had hacked the ip35 pro bios but never talked about how he did it. so theres no hackign talk on this board. and i got the not as well known, but nice ip35 pro xe board. without this isa option rom, which unlocks the mchbar at startup in bios, doesnt have any dram settings or not much, and doesnt make for a great quad core, from what ive heard, overclocker. and also im not sure if the other address that like that program you can use in windows but is locked before windows boots and unlockable by it by abit, Memset, says something about boards, not only having it locked in bios but also in windows. but most of the board makers just do the lock in windows and dont have, i guess the parts in bios to use the dram settings. but the guy at lejabeach has the bios with all the mchbar settings in bios. either i could use memset or i could go through bios if its just locked from showing in bios, but coded into it.

if anyone knows how to hack these bioses, it would help. also use the bios i uploaded on that site or ask me for a link here, cause its some beta bios, i believe actually came out after the 11 bios. couple reason i think that, i used 11 and didnt have any support for my xeon x3360 processor. the temperature reading was wrong and the vt-x and sse4.1 was not there. along with some other cpu settings. so, with the temp wrong i couldnt even set a temp safety bios thing for shutting off. dont know if the board would automatically, but and also no sse4.1 and the vt-x. now all that stuff works. and that bios, also was hacked by someone else to have slic support and updated the intel option rom in it. hack the 10 version intel rom in the zip if you get it to hack it for me.

i can upload the bios and option rom here somewhere if someone knows how to do this. this is one of the few 775 motherboards still sold on ebay, dont know if its true or not, comes out of china, mines still workign good 4 years later, new, that you can get. just its not that great of a quad core overclocker. and, ive read quad cores overclock better on p35 chipset using dram mchbar settings. whichi have none to adjust, so. but it runs a 2.8ghz processor at 3.6ghz, with hardly anything touched. vcore autos lowest to 1.30 anyway, and this xeon is 1.25. so im set there. 1.16vtt and maybe alittle here on vmch volts and little maybe 1.09 southbridge, and its steady. not hot. little bit of modding and this thing could really push these 775 cpus people want to use.

anyone, know how to hack abit bioses? id do it if i knew what worked. i got a new cpu coming and everything so im upgrading. wouldnt mind to just see what it would push. know what itk, could do. never seen 775 at the best overclock. i bought all this cooling stuff and ended up with just a cool running case. the cpu was alright and temps where fine. was always worried about that cpu temperature reading wrong so i had no safety setting i could set in bios. but recently just tried that bios i had sitting on my hardrive for a long time after rereading and trying to get more performance.

id like to see what this 775 can really do. I could even test it. Just like someone to know something, at least tell me theyve seen it work..

uh edit: i cant post links. but i can probably find somewhere to put this.

Thanks
    • Bambooz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG Strix X470-F
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7 3700X + AnfiTec Drei
      • Memory:
      • 64GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (E-Die) DDR4-3200 @ 3600
      • Storage:
      • Samsung SM961 (= 960 Pro) 512GB NVMe (OS) + 2TB Micron 1300 (games) + 2x 8TB WD Red (cold storage)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI Geforce GTX 1080 Gaming X 8GB (under EK Fullcover block)
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Platinum Fanless 520W (SS-520FL2)
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Arc XL
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 LTSC 2019
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung S27D850T (27" 1440p) + 2x Samsung 2333T (23" 1080p)
      • Internet:
      • VDSL 100/40mbps

Re: abit ip35 pro xe bios mod

Abit screwed up on the IP35 Pro XE Beta BIOS because it has the same version number (11) as the last release BIOS, but the files are not identical.

You can find V10, 11 and the Beta-11 (marked E0 because it supports 45nm Core2/Pentium Dualcore/Celeron Dualcore CPUs) here:
    ftp://91.121.194.115/pub/download/bios/ip35proxe/

You can use Rufus to create a bootable DOS USB stick. No need to install it either.. just use the portable .exe
    https://rufus.akeo.ie/

As for actually modding the BIOS to unlock hidden settings etc., you might be better off asking in the BIOS-Mods Forum:
    https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: abit ip35 pro xe bios mod

can anyone tell me how to post question?

Thanks
    • g8ina's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock Z75 Pro3
      • CPU:
      • Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair 1600MHz DDR3.
      • Storage:
      • 250GB SSD system, 250GB SSD Data + 2TB data, + 8TB NAS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX Radeon HD 6870