Thread: Universal abit website still online?

Thanks

Universal abit website still online?

Was just visiting my past and looking through the forum. For some reason I decided to google abit and found the website. Its moved though it my day it could be found at www.abit.com.tw its now located at www.abit.ws

Whats that about? Is USI still supporting abit products? Maybe they making a come back. I wonder if they are looking for slightly older but wiser technical engineer to work in the UK office? I still have my abit shirts and they still fit me.

Saying that they couldn't afford me anymore. Oh well I can dream.

2. Received thanks from:

Millennium (08-12-2017)

Thanks
    • Richh's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ROG Maximus VIII Hero
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 8700K delid, H115i Platinum
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Dominator GT 3200
      • Storage:
      • Loads
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX970 FTW+
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX860i
      • Case:
      • Custom open frame
      • Operating System:
      • Win10 Pro x64 / occasionally Win 7 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • ROG Swift PG279Q, Sony 48A9

Re: Universal abit website still online?

There's an IX38-QuadGT still doing sterling service as my network server upstairs. Lots of happy memories - buying Asus still feels a bit like cheating. Merry Xmas @Abit Sean :-)
    BH6, BX6 2.0, BE6, BE6-II 2.0, ST6-RAID, BE6-II 2.0 (again), BD7-RAID, BD7II-RAID, IC7-G, IC7 Max3, AB9 QuadGT, IX38 QuadGT. IX58... Oh, b*ll*cks. RIP Abit

Thanks
    • Bambooz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG Strix X470-F
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7 3700X + AnfiTec Drei
      • Memory:
      • 64GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (E-Die) DDR4-3200 @ 3600
      • Storage:
      • Samsung SM961 (= 960 Pro) 512GB NVMe (OS) + 2TB Micron 1300 (games) + 2x 8TB WD Red (cold storage)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI Geforce GTX 1080 Gaming X 8GB (under EK Fullcover block)
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Platinum Fanless 520W (SS-520FL2)
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Arc XL
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 LTSC 2019
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung S27D850T (27" 1440p) + 2x Samsung 2333T (23" 1080p)
      • Internet:
      • VDSL 100/40mbps

Re: Universal abit website still online?

Quote Originally Posted by ABIT Sean View Post
    Was just visiting my past and looking through the forum. For some reason I decided to google abit and found the website. Its moved though it my day it could be found at www.abit.com.tw its now located at www.abit.ws

Whats that about? Is USI still supporting abit products? Maybe they making a come back. I wonder if they are looking for slightly older but wiser technical engineer to work in the UK office? I still have my abit shirts and they still fit me.

Saying that they couldn't afford me anymore. Oh well I can dream.

Abit.ws is a clone of the original abit website with none of the download links working and some other parts of the site (mostly dropdown menus and searches) broken. No idea who runs it and a Whois search doesn't lead to anything useful (searching the the registrant name leads to a bunch of social media profiles that don't seem to fit at all).

I'm still running a FTP server with a backup of the entire Abit FTP. If I knew who runs abit.ws I'd let him link to my FTP so the website would be functional for the most part but since I don't know who runs it, I can't contact that person.. oh well..

PS: I still have an Abit BX6 2.0 (retro games PC), a VP6 with 2x 1GHz P3s and an IP35 Pro in use, all rock solid (okay.. the VP6 got a full recap, but still.. it survived even with the junk capacitors that were on there before. Meanwhile a new 150eur Asus board I bought came with no audio right out of the box and dead LAN after the RMA.. )

Thread Information