Thread: KN8 SLi Motherboard - PCB Version No.

Thanks

KN8 SLi Motherboard - PCB Version No.

Can anyone out there tell me where on the motherboard I can find the board Version number. The board is supposed to be Version 3 but I can't see anything on the board that confirms this.

Thanks
    I think the PCB version is on the back of the board in one of the corners. May I ask why you need to know?

Thanks
    Sean

The supplier advertised this motherboard as "Abit KN8 SLI, nForce4, NEW VERSION 3 Socket 939, 2000FSB, PCI-E, SATA RAID, 8ch Audio, GB LAN, NV Firewall, USB2, Firewire, ATX motherboard" and charged an extra £10.00 beacuse it was the " NEW VERSION".

I was trying to check that they have supplied me with the new version and are not offloading the older ones.

I was also interested in what the differences were.

Regards

Peter

Thanks
    There are no major differences in the versions. Where did you buy this board from? I would like to know why they are charging more money for different versions of our boards?

Thanks

Abit KN8-SLi M/B

Sorry about the delay in responding but I've been on the Costa Brava for the last few weeks.

The board was purchased from PC Upgrade of Stockport. To be fair to them they were initially the cheapest I could find. Their price increase only brought them into line with other online retailers.

Having now completed building the machine I'm having lots of problems with crashes etc.

I'll post another message on HEXUS asking for help.

Thread Information