Thread: Fatality AN9 32X and micron IC's

Registered+
    Thanks

Fatality AN9 32X and micron IC's

Sean can you confirm if Abit are currently working on a new Bios, and with OCZ for the above Motherboard to resolve the compatability issue with OCZ PC6400 memory which uses Micron IC's.
    I did find the lack of a list of qualified ram for this board surprising when I was planning my rebuild, I opted to stick with Abit for the mobo and OCZ for the memory in the end from past experience, I did expect everything to work at full speed.
    I have been checking Abit's website regularly and have updated the bios to the current version (1.1) thinking this may have had the fix - to my disappointment this is not the fix.
    I have checked the FAQ's on Abit's website to see if this problem is mentioned as I am sure Abit are now well aware of the issue ( apparently OCZ have contacted you) but find no mention of the current situation anywhere on your site as this is not the only board to have the same issues - this info from other forums I have visited.

What I really need to know is do I need to look at another Brand of memory or is Abit working on a solution by way of a bios update.
    Last edited by scotland21; 21-07-2006 at 10:04 PM.

Thanks
    apparently there's a fixed beta BIOS for the KN9 so I'm sure that one will be under way for the AN9 too.

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750
    abit A-S78H, Phenom 9750,

My HEXUS.trust abit forums

Registered+
    Thanks
    Where do you find Beta drivers or a list of beta drivers??

Thread Information