Thread: Fatal1ty AN9 32X SLI and OCZ2P8002GK

Registered+
    Thanks

Fatal1ty AN9 32X SLI and OCZ2P8002GK

Any indication on how the bios fix for the memory issue is going Sean.
    I would be happy to try a Beta if one exists.
    I just want to unleash the full bandwith of the memory.

Thanks
    Due to the recall of the first shipment of the AN9 series all testing has been put on hold for the time being.

We are fully aware of the problem and are currently talking to OCZ and our head office to solve the proble.

Thanks
    Just had a response from head office and it appears that they have sucessfully used OCZ memory with this motherboard.

The part number of the memory is OCZ2G8001G, I know this differs from the current memory you have tried. But it is a step in the right direction.

The only difference I can see between the two is the voltages.

I will keep you updated as soon as I know more.

Thanks
    Im also about to purchase one of these mobos and have spent 2 days looking for compatible ram, so far i think the board likes vaults anything above 2.

My problem is seeing the above ram is 2v and its not working could you confirm any ram types that work? Anything from corsair/ocz and gskill.

That would help alot. Any Confirmed working ram other than the corsair TWIN2X 6400C3 800Mhz what about the TWIN2X 6400 (800Mhz) 5-5-5-12. Even an unofficial list would help, you would think abit could go out and purchase some performance ram just to find out, considering this is aimed at the enthusiast market. I would like to put some TWIN2X 6400 (800Mhz) 5-5-5-12 or G.Skill 2GBNR PC6400 2048Mb/2Gb with this board but i'd like some confirmation it will work.

Thanks
    Last edited by HybribOS; 09-08-2006 at 06:41 AM.

Thanks
    At the moment the only RAM that has had any problems is the OCZ2P8002GK. This is due to the memory voltages being too high. I have heard people having sucess with the memory but only when they enter the bios using basic memory and increasing the voltages.

We are still working on the issue and hope to have a compatablity list out soon.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ABIT Sean
    At the moment the only RAM that has had any problems is the OCZ2P8002GK. This is due to the memory voltages being too high. I have heard people having sucess with the memory but only when they enter the bios using basic memory and increasing the voltages.

We are still working on the issue and hope to have a compatablity list out soon.
    I've tried this and find my machine restarts when I get into windows.

Does this mean that my memory will be certified as incompatible??

Thanks
    Thats good to hear Sean, i think i will grab some gskill 6400HZ for this board at the end of the month.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Hi Sean, can you please send me the rma again as I've lost it due to my backup hardrive letting me down.
    If you need my email addy it is the one with scotland21 in it
    Cheers
    John

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ABIT Sean

Hi Sean, any update regarding this memory issue with OCZ2P8002GK
    OCZ have rma'd my memory and while I hope the replacement will be ok I would like to know that this isn't a compatability issue and this memory will never work at it's rated speed.

John

Thanks
    The problem is voltage related. I believe that OCZ have a fix for the problem.

Thanks
    I have ocz2g8002gk memory and AN9 32X(non-fatality version). Are there any updates? I need to know soon while I can still return components.
    My motherboard serial number is AN932UDB000xxx v1.00 and the bios comes up fine.

The BIOS detects my seagate 750GB Serial ATA/300 hard drive. The display came up OK with my eVGA nVidia 7950GX2 1GB graphics card.

When I try to install windows XP home, it always fails at a different place. This kind of problem is usually caused by memory or a bad DVD/CD drive. I swapped out DVD drives and still wasn't able to install windows.

If I installed both the NVRAID and Sil3132 Drivers, I got a BSOD immediately after. If I only installed the Sil3132 then I got as far as the place where you can format the drive.

It always fails when trying to copy over files. One of the codes (not always consistent) it displayed was:

Stop 0xC2 or BAD_POOL_CALLER

The Stop 0xC2 message indicates that a kernel-mode process or driver incorrectly attempted to perform memory operations in the following ways:

* By allocating a memory pool size of zero bytes.
    * By allocating a memory pool that does not exist.
    * By attempting to free a memory pool that is already free.
    * By allocating or freeing a memory pool at an IRQL that was too high.
    [According to updatexp.com/stop-messages.html]

Paul
    Last edited by sundling; 01-10-2006 at 11:59 PM.

Thanks

trying corsair memory

I'm trying some Corsair memory that someone said worked with their motherboard. I'll post how it goes on that thread.

See the thread on

forum.abit-usa.com/showthread.php?p=763712&posted=1#post763712

Thread Information