Page 108 of 146 FirstFirst ... 85868788898105106107108109110111118128138 ... LastLast
Results 1,713 to 1,728 of 2321

Thread: New ATI Tuner Card.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavean
    ...MMC 9.1 (most recent version that works with the TV Wonder VE)...
    Do you mean MMC 9.01? The latest version on ATI's website is 9.08, and that is the latest listed version for the TV Wonder VE.

Whichever version it is, where did you get it? MMC 9.03 is the earliest version available on the website, and of course, 9.1 isn't there since 9.08 is the latest.

I would be interested in trying it as MMC is still my favorite program for basic TV watching, but the interlacing problems are annoying so I don't use it much.

Thanks
    does anyone else have one of the phillips 642 dvd player, it sells for about $69 at target, it will play mpeg4 (divx, xvid, etc) recorderd with theater 550. it will play some
    things outside the certified profile, like if you use quality based single pass

Thanks
    Yes, it was actually MMC 9.01. There was a MMC 9.1 before they switched the nomenclature to 9.01. This added another digit and allows for more revisions in the MMC 9.xx family then MMC 9.x would.

Yes, MMC 9.08 is the latest revision but nothing above MMC 9.02.x seems to work right with my old “TV Wonder VE”.

I downloaded MMC 9.01 from ATI some time ago. I usually store a few revisions in a download file on the HDD (should still be there) along with drivers for the motherboard, video card and so on. I’ll see if I can find it for you.

I would say that MMC 9.01 is definitely the best revision if you just want watch TV with the T550P.

Keep in mind though that the installation of MMC 9.01 already existed (with the TV Wonder VE) before the installation of the Visiontek T550P. I don’t think that the MMC 9.01 install program would have installed the TV component if only the T550P were present. You know what I mean? So unless you have a MMC supported hardware device installed it simply will not work. I may be able to come up with a method that would allow you to install it though. Let me think about it a bit,…

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavean
    Yes, it was actually MMC 9.01. There was a MMC 9.1 before they switched the nomenclature to 9.01. This added another digit and allows for more revisions in the MMC 9.xx family then MMC 9.x would.

Yes, MMC 9.08 is the latest revision but nothing above MMC 9.02.x seems to work right with my old “TV Wonder VE”.

I downloaded MMC 9.01 from ATI some time ago. I usually store a few revisions in a download file on the HDD (should still be there) along with drivers for the motherboard, video card and so on. I’ll see if I can find it for you.

I would say that MMC 9.01 is definitely the best revision if you just want watch TV with the T550P.

Keep in mind though that the installation of MMC 9.01 already existed (with the TV Wonder VE) before the installation of the Visiontek T550P. I don’t think that the MMC 9.01 install program would have installed the TV component if only the T550P were present. You know what I mean? So unless you have a MMC supported hardware device installed it simply will not work. I may be able to come up with a method that would allow you to install it though. Let me think about it a bit,…
    Thanks for the clarification. I managed to find the URL to download it from ATI, so I have it now. I'll give it a try tonight.

Based on my experience with MMC 9.03, I think it may install just fine. It isn't supposed to be T550P aware either, but it installs the TV component. If it doesn't work, I have an old TV Wonder PCI I can put in for the install process.

Thanks
    Please, I need your help. I've bought a PowerColor ATI Theatre 550 PRO Tuner and I want to use it with ATI MMC but I can't. I have an AIW 5800 DV and I need to use, on my 550 Pro,the S-Video IN, I don't care about the tuner. Tell me, please, you can use the function of digital VCR(S-Video IN) with MMC 9.01? I've tried with 9.03 but doesn't work... Thank you and, please, excuse my english!

Thanks
    [farmkid]

Brilliant!!! It sounds like you have it covered then.

I believe MMC 9.03 and MMC 9.04 are the only released versions that will detect and install on the T550P. However, since MMC 9.01 does work with the T550P it is indicative that groundwork was laid for some time before an about face was made in MMC 9.06 and above.

The TV+ PQ of MMC 9.01 on T550P is somewhat reminiscent of the “soft” or slightly “fuzzy” PQ that some people referred to with respect to the T550P before. Needless to say, this is very different from the harsh interlacing problems of MMC 9.03/9.04. Its still not picture perfect but it is a noteworthy vast improvement. Let me know what you think once you get it going.

Anyway, if you have to install your TV Wonder PCI in order to install the TV component of MMC 9.01 you might consider saving the following folder:

X:\Program Files\ATIMultimedia

Where “X” is the location of the MMC install.

That way, if you wish to install MMC 9.01 functionality again or rather reinstall MMC 9.01 without the TV Wonder PCI card,…. You might be able to:

Install MMC 9.03 or MMC 9.04 and then simply replace the installed “Main” folder under X:\Program Files\ATIMultimedia with the saved one from MMC 9.01. This might work but then again it might not. If it does then it would save you some effort and if not it shouldn’t brake anything. You can just overwrite the 9.01 “main” folder with the 9.03/4 “main” folder if it doesn’t work and then uninstall MMC 9.03/4.,…

[nexland]

Composite and s-video options are available in MMC 9.01 and I thought they were also available in MMC 9.03 and MMC 9.04. The button is there in MMC 9.01 to toggle through the input options but I haven’t tested if it works. As far as I know, PVR functionality simply doesn’t work with the T550P in MMC. In fact, I haven’t seen any recording functions at all in any version of MMC that I was able to install on a T550P.

I’m not sure if the AIW 8500 DV (???) is supported in MMC 9.01. If it is then all you would need to do is install MMC 9.01 and then switch the primary TV tuner to the T550P.

Thanks
    I don't have the MMC 9.01. Can you provide me a link for download? On the ATI's site doesn't appear... All I need it's a software for analog capture but I need to be able setting manually bitrate control(for capturing MPEG-2) not only their crapping presets(Fair, Better, Best). WIN Media Center Edition 2005, PowerCinema 4, Beyond TV, Intervideo Home Theater can't do this job. Maybe you can help me!

Thanks
    Sorry, I don’t have a link to MMC 9.01 but “farmkid” made reference to finding it. Perhaps he could help you there.

However, like I said before, I don’t think that you will be able to record anything with the T550P using any version of MMC, since I have never seen this feature work with the T550P.

I’m not sure but GB-PVR might let you do what you have described. There was also some mention of being able to manually set bitrates in PowerCinema earlier in this thread. I dont know how to do it though,...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscheide
    does anyone else have one of the phillips 642 dvd player, it sells for about $69 at target, it will play mpeg4 (divx, xvid, etc) recorderd with theater 550. it will play some
    things outside the certified profile, like if you use quality based single pass

Thanks for this tip. I've been looking for one that plays DivX, XviD files that's readily available I guess it's also available at Walmart.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...00000001827170

Frankly I'd rather record in DivX format anyway. I know it's more resource hungry but MPEG-2 generates huge files and is pretty crappy compared to DivX.

Jonas

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nexland
    I don't have the MMC 9.01. Can you provide me a link for download? On the ATI's site doesn't appear... All I need it's a software for analog capture but I need to be able setting manually bitrate control(for capturing MPEG-2) not only their crapping presets(Fair, Better, Best). WIN Media Center Edition 2005, PowerCinema 4, Beyond TV, Intervideo Home Theater can't do this job. Maybe you can help me!
    Here ya go: link

As far as recording goes, MMC is not what you want. If it would work with the T550P, it would be the best, but alas, it won't record with this particular chip. When I first installed 9.03, I had my TV Wonder PCI installed as well, and MMC would record from the T550P and only the MPEG2 format was available. As I remember, the recording was rather buggy as well. Later, I took out the TV Wonder PCI and reinstalled Windows and everthing else and from then on, I cannot record at all. Give GB-PVR a try. It's probably the best you can do until other other programs begins supporting the T550P.

Thanks
    Thank you,all of you, very much! I've tried with GB-PVR but, shame on me, I don't find the "Rec" button, only the scheduling one.

Thanks
    GB-PVR is PVR apps not Capture apps

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PD HEXUS
    thx hrlslcbr - HEXUS will be meeting with the ATi Multimedia Team very shortly, and i want us to be clear on where we are with all this...

cheers,

PD
    No problem .

Thanks
    Uh hundred and sixteen pages read and No Grail??? Not even a Gold Star?
    Kudos to all the folks who've spent very many hours trying to get this card to function passibly. As a longtime AiW user I also was shocked when I thought I'd upgraded to T550 and 9800Pro from AiW 7500. (add 1 to Crash n Burn list)

My dillema in part involves using the T550 to actually watch (gasp) tv.
    Sub and GBPR are to be commended for making a PVR that helps as it and it's plug-ins are much of why I wanted to upgrade however just watching with any available software so far slows my AMD 2500+ w 512PC3200 to a crawl with stuttering and so on. Even my old 8Mb AiW works smoother. I understand about Encoding vs Decoding but what happened? New XP PRo install too.

My biggest concern rarely mentioned on any boards so far is Closed Captioning.
    Having a deaf wife who formerly used my comp as a glorified tv while on hers makes the t550 worthless if unavailable. Sub lives around the world from US and therefore has no use for CC and cannont be expected workarounds and ATI so far has returned canned email responses that would be laughable in another situation.

Has anyone out there in internetland gotten CC to work or recieved a deffinitave "No, it's not possible /w card" from anyone?
    And this after +60 hours of searching, not counting this thread.

Thanks
    Closed Captioning does work in MMC 9.01 and I would think that it works in MMC 9.03 and 9.04 (not sure though). Unfortunately, MMC is intolerable when used with a T550P card because most of the features don’t work.

Not really sure about Beyond TV but M$ Media Center Edition 2005 has CC.

The real problem seems to stem from the fact that the T550P doesn’t work properly (or at all) with the vast majority of applications that are on the market now. This is one reason why I couldn’t recommend the card to most people.

Thanks
    In case you all want the rigth link to new ATI 550 6.14.10.102 drivers there rigth here http://www2.ati.com/drivers/5-9_t550_wdm_26441.exe

Thread Information