Antec Home Antec Info Antec products Where to buy Antec support Antec enclosures Antec PSUs Antec media components Antec accessories Antec cooling Antec 80 PLUS products
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fusion Remote/ Fusion Remote Max

Thanks

Re: Fusion Remote/ Fusion Remote Max

Quote Originally Posted by HHawk View Post
    I also have an Antec Fusion Remote Max.
    And my LCD also suffers from an overbright LCD.
    I would urge you to contact Antec via the RMA system and inform them that you have a faulty LCD.

Not that it will actually help in anyway, since their RMA people seem to be making a great deal of stalling and "pretending" they can't read.

Currently they're claiming that the LCD filter that Soundgraph insist should be infront of their LCD doesn't exist, and hasn't on any Antec case that carries this LCD.

Unfortunately for them I have an older Antec case which carries exactly the same LCD and DOES contain the filter to which Soundgraph refer. Remove the filter and the LCD looks exactly like the newer Fusion cases and Veris products, overbright, pink and total crap.

This is the root of the fault which is currently present in *all* Veris products Antec make, the missing filter window.

Beware if you buy a Veris product, the pictures on Antecs site bare no resemblance to the look of the actual product.
    Last edited by MonkeyL; 09-12-2009 at 09:30 PM.

Thanks

Still been unable to resolve, it'd be a complaiment to call Antec support/RMA a complete joke.

Bumped as I wouldn't want this to drop off the page

Registered+
    Thanks

Honestly, I'd like to know what Antec has to say about soundgraph's people declaration in their forums here:
    soundgraph.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4745&postcount=40

When we showed our LCD product to HTPC case manufacturers we provide them a guideline of cover window with our retail products, UltraBay which uses the same LCD products. We used half mirror type cover window in front of this LCD and it works nicely and cover the week point of contrast LCD.

As we told you before, we did not provide LCD cover to our ODM/OEM customers and the size of cover comes from different vendor are different. So currently, we cannot give you the answer that you want at this time. We already notify this kind of issue to our ODM/OEM customers and they may change the cover window later I expect. But they do not talk with us about this issue.

Thanks

Well, at least Soundgraph has posted some more info in their forums about this... Their online shop is now up at least. Now if they would only post the real specs for the glass they showed to the ODM/OEM's when demo'ing the ODM/OEM LCDs. It is not like they do not have them since they obviously told them to the ODM/OEMs in either the initial sale or when they developed it themselves and continue to purchase for their UltraBay product which uses the SAME LCD screens (with proper half mirror filter/glass optics).

If it is simply a 50% silvered glass/acrylic optics filter I am sure we can go the DIY route and fix the problem by going to our local glass suppliers and buying scrap/cuttings from when they trimmed large panes to fit other projects. If they don't have any scraps laying around, you can probably buy a small pane and have them cut it to the proper dimensions for $15-25 (sorry USA dollars not sure pounds exchange rate)...

Real disappointment that Antec hasn't acknowledged that this is their fault and offered the proper solution of a replacement glass/acrylic for the case. Even if the end user has to install it themselves with hot glue...

And I can easily see how the issue happened. Since the glass/acrylic was originally designed to be used with the VFD, when they changed to using the LCD, Antec didn't change their acrylic and they should have, at least on the Fusion. The rest of their products which include this LCD have absolutely NO excuse.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • wpeltola's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS M2N SLI
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom 9850 BLK Edition 2.5 x4
      • Memory:
      • Crucial Ballistix 4GB DDR2 800MHz
      • Storage:
      • WD 250GB SATA 3.0 16mb cache
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Galaxy GTS250 512mb x2 SLI
      • PSU:
      • ANTEC NeoPower 650 Blue
      • Case:
      • ANTEC TwelveHundred (booyea!)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 26" HD
      • Internet:
      • Comcast

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyL View Post
    Still been unable to resolve, it'd be a complaiment to call Antec support/RMA a complete joke.

Bumped as I wouldn't want this to drop off the page
    I'm still happy with my VERIS Fusion Black case and have never had any issues with it. I would say that you have made your point and it's fairly senseless to continue beating an old subject into the ground.

Have you ever actually called an Antc rep to talk about this, or have you done everything via e-mail and forum rants?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wpeltola View Post
    I'm still happy with my VERIS Fusion Black case and have never had any issues with it.
    It would have been helpful if you had responded 4 months ago when the thread started. Now we know at least one person is happy with their LCD. The problem does seem to be far more prevalent on the Fusion Max than Fusion Black.

However, it's clear from the posts here that the LCD issues I experienced with the Fusion Max are not an isolated case.

I would say that you have made your point and it's fairly senseless to continue beating an old subject into the ground.
    I haven't posted here in a month, and didn't have any intention of doing so again until you decided to ask me a question

Looks like others are keeping it going by reporting their own disappointment anyways so I really have no need.

Have you ever actually called an Antc rep to talk about this, or have you done everything via e-mail and forum rants?
    What a shame you didn't bother to actually read the thread, since most of this information is readily available in it! I refer you to post 16, aswell as the posts by Antec staff in this thread that all resulted in no further contact and a refusal to discuss the matter further. Not to mention the numerous attempts and contacts I've had that aren't documented here.

My rants are simply a consequence of the frustration that is the result of trying to get what should be a simple problem solved, and constantly hitting a brick wall. If you feel in anyway offended by my posts then let me apologise now, I will rant less in the future.
    Last edited by MonkeyL; 11-02-2010 at 09:10 PM.

Thanks

I have the Fusion V2 Black case with the remote receiver in the LCD/VFD. I got it a year-and-a-half ago. I believe it has a VFD.

The display is quite bright, but I can get it readable with adjustments to the contrast.

The problem I have with it (which I haven't seen mentioned here) is that the display becomes garbled quite regularly.
    I normally leave the machine on S3 standby when not in use - sometimes the LCD/VFD does not go off when I standby, sometimes when I resume the screen comes on, but there's no text, or random characters and lights. Sometimes I get a weird light show with all the status lights on the LCD flashing.
    Sometimes the iMon software doesn't think the LCD is attached, so although I can bring the machine out of standby with the remote, I can not control the PC with the remote and have to shutdown/restart.

The only way to resolve this is to remove the power completely and then restart. I wondered if anyone had this same problem. I have asked for support via Antec, but they seem to be giving me the runaround. Tech support told me to raise an RMA for the LCD, when I filled in the RMA request, the RMA people started asking me more questions in very poor english - so poor, I'm not exactly sure what they're asking me.

I wired the LCD so that I could power on/resume the machine using the remote. I think I got one of the early V2 systems as I had to connect the 2 cables for this myself (by unscrewing the back of the VFD casing to access the 2 connector pins).

If I'm certain that a new VFD/LCD will cure this problem, I'll persevere with the RMA request. I'd even put up with a bright screen as long as it wasn't flashing at me or refusing to recognise my remote!
    Has anyone else RMAs a VFD for this problem, and did it resolve it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elyl View Post
    I have the Fusion V2 Black case with the remote receiver in the LCD/VFD. I got it a year-and-a-half ago. I believe it has a VFD.

The display is quite bright, but I can get it readable with adjustments to the contrast.

The problem I have with it (which I haven't seen mentioned here) is that the display becomes garbled quite regularly.

I normally leave the machine on S3 standby when not in use - sometimes the LCD/VFD does not go off when I standby, sometimes when I resume the screen comes on, but there's no text, or random characters and lights. Sometimes I get a weird light show with all the status lights on the LCD flashing.
    Sometimes the iMon software doesn't think the LCD is attached, so although I can bring the machine out of standby with the remote, I can not control the PC with the remote and have to shutdown/restart.
    I haven't used the VFD so can't comment.

The only way to resolve this is to remove the power completely and then restart. I wondered if anyone had this same problem. I have asked for support via Antec, but they seem to be giving me the runaround.

Tech support told me to raise an RMA for the LCD, when I filled in the RMA request, the RMA people started asking me more questions in very poor english - so poor, I'm not exactly sure what they're asking me.
    That is my experience. Even the most clearly worded posts seem to utterly befuddle. It has been a major obstacle in getting any resolution.

I wired the LCD so that I could power on/resume the machine using the remote. I think I got one of the early V2 systems as I had to connect the 2 cables for this myself (by unscrewing the back of the VFD casing to access the 2 connector pins).

If I'm certain that a new VFD/LCD will cure this problem, I'll persevere with the RMA request. I'd even put up with a bright screen as long as it wasn't flashing at me or refusing to recognise my remote!
    I have had a replacement LCD from Antec, but unfortunately, despite the nature of the original problem, they sent one that was identical to the faulty one. It was bright pink. I tried to ask them why they didn't view the LCD before posting, but they couldn't seem to understand the question.

Not that it is their fault, english is not their primary language, but it can be frustrating.

Has anyone else RMAs a VFD for this problem, and did it resolve it?
    Only LCD's I'm afraid, and not for the issues you report. Haven't managed to get a resolution as of yet, despite several months of trying.
    Last edited by MonkeyL; 22-02-2010 at 11:57 PM.

Thanks

Looks like the issue may only be in the UK/Europe (or else I simply got lucky with one that doesn't have pink text on blue background). I'll post picks once I load an OS onto the system so that I can get the drivers installed. But from my initial tests to set fan speeds (and noise level... sorry Antec TriCool fans, you are too loud and were replaced by Noctua and S-Flex), the screen is black/white (well slightly blue, but mostly white). Not sure about the contrast settings yet, but that is done from the driver, so I won't issue judgment until I have a chance to do a proper setup with it.

Again, I am in the USA, so that might make a difference. I already had picked up a piece of scrap 50% mirrored acrylic (two way mirror which blocks 50% of the light passing thru it) to cut to size and place in front of the LCD, but I am not sure I will need it now (only cost me $4, so about 3 euro from a local plastic/glass shop). I will let you know if I need it.

Thanks

Also, I meant to post about this earlier, has anyone looked into using gel filters? (sorry I can't post links yet...)

Thanks

need 2 more posts...

Thanks

last one...

Thanks

I seriously think that you need to get a blue gel on that pink on blue. That will turn the pink/magenta to a dark blue, which is probably all you need to do to make everything work properly.

See:
    http://www.horrorseek.com/home/hallo...PlasticFilters

And for color correction of filters:
    http://www.horrorseek.com/home/hallo...entsAndFilters

Thanks

I haven't used the VFD so can't comment.
    Yeah, I'm not sure if I've got an LCD or a VFD. It is blue-on-blue. Was the Fusion Remote Black case.

Thanks

Yeah, I'm not sure if I've got an LCD or a VFD. It is blue-on-blue. Was the Fusion Remote Black case.
    Well it seems we have yet another Antec support rep on here.

Any chance of bringing the problems with the LCD on Fusion Max cases to resolution Antec-tech?
    Last edited by MonkeyL; 25-02-2010 at 01:01 PM.

Antec support
    Thanks

Well it seems we have yet another Antec support rep on here.

Any chance of bringing the problems with the LCD on Fusion Max cases to resolution Antec-tech?
    Hi MonkeyL,

I've been contacting both support and product development team regarding this issue. I will get back to you once I get a response from them.

Regards,
    Antec

Thread Information