Antec Home Antec Info Antec products Where to buy Antec support Antec enclosures Antec PSUs Antec media components Antec accessories Antec cooling Antec 80 PLUS products
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Fusion Remote/ Fusion Remote Max

Thanks

Re: Fusion Remote/ Fusion Remote Max

Smashing! Thanks.

Antec support
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyL View Post
    Smashing! Thanks.
    Hi MonkeyL,

Tech support wanted a little bit more detail regarding this problem. Do you happen to have a few pictures of the defective LCD display w/pink squares? Also, can you please list the specs to your build so we can have a better knowledge of this problem.

Regards,
    Antec

Thanks
    • Ironbuket's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock AMD X470 Taichi
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB (2x8GB) T-Force Dark Pro
      • Storage:
      • 1TB 970EVO M.2, 1TB 850EVO + many others
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX970
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet Straight Power 750W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT02B
      • Operating System:
      • Win10x64 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Hyundai W240D v2 + Dell (both @1920x1200)
      • Internet:
      • Zen

Hi Antec-Tech

I know this is a longish thread already, but couldnt you just read the thread instead of making MonkeyL explain things all over again?

Im still 50/50 trying to decide if Antec support is:

A) Really really dumb, unable to even understand the problem let alone fix it.
    B) Really smart and just act dumb to frustrate customers hoping they will give up and go away.

Since I was made aware of the rumour that Antec screwed up and didnt change the filter when they changed from using VFD to LCD. I find it hard to believe that Antec doesnt already have a file on this issue. If they really dont already know everything about this issue they are even more stupid than I could believe possible. This makes me lean slightly in the direction of Option B.

The tragedy is us customers get shafted whichever option is the truth
    2700X,X470 Taichi,Silverstone Fortress 2,16GB RAM, SSDx3, HDDx4,GTX970 G1 Gaming,24"x2(1xIPS,1xTFT),W10x64Pro
    HTPC: AthlonX2 5050e,M4A78-EM,AntecFusion,8GB RAM,ATi3200,32"Sony TV,W7x64Pre

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Antec-tech View Post
    Hi MonkeyL,

Tech support wanted a little bit more detail regarding this problem. Do you happen to have a few pictures of the defective LCD display w/pink squares? Also, can you please list the specs to your build so we can have a better knowledge of this problem.

Regards,
    Antec
    Hi Antec,

Do you know if it's a VFD or an LCD in my Fusion V2 Remote case? Do you know if a replacement screen will resolve the problems I'm having where the display becomes garbled or doesn't turn on? I've already raised a support ticket (197236) and was told to RMA it, but I'm being asked some more strange questions after raising the RMA. I just want to know if a new screen will fix my problem.

Thanks.

Registered+
    Thanks

Hi MonkeyL,

Regards,
    Antec
    I guess you could direct them to this URL, where a user documented the problem with pictures... My problem quite the same as the one described here:

blog.insanegenius.com/2008/04/antec-veris-fusion-black-htpc-case.html

Thanks

Hi MonkeyL,

Tech support wanted a little bit more detail regarding this problem. Do you happen to have a few pictures of the defective LCD display w/pink squares?
    I have several pictures of LCD's where the background is bright pink. The entire LCD looks like a big pink square. I am unable to post these here as I can't work out how to get this forum to accept attachments, though I have repeatedly posted these to Antec support via the RMA system.

I also have pictures of what the LCD *should* look like, which shows quite starkly what the issue is. If only I could post them here.

I can post them via email directly to you, but it looks like this forum only accepts links to images on other sites.

I have had the LCD replaced by Antec support, but unfortunately the replacement was as broken as the original. I have now personally seen over 20 LCD's, exhausting the stock of my local retailer, all have had a bright pink background and were clearly faulty.

Also, can you please list the specs to your build so we can have a better knowledge of this problem.

Regards,
    Antec
    The system itself is entirely irrelevant. The LCD becomes a pink square simply by connecting power, long before any system is connected.

When there is a system in place, you can control the LCD contrast but this makes little or no difference.

The only solution I've seen so far that appears to work has been a hardware modification, adding a resistor to the LCD, though I am reticent to try as I am no soldering expert. Not to mention any warranty issues this may cause.

Pictures of this mod, and a few broken LCD's from various users can be found on the Soundgraph user forum:-

http://www.soundgraph.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158

Regards
    M
    Last edited by MonkeyL; 02-03-2010 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elyl View Post
    Hi Antec,

Do you know if it's a VFD or an LCD in my Fusion V2 Remote case?

Thanks.
    If it's a Fusion V2, it's almost certainly an LCD.

The VFD looks like this:-

http://www.soundgraph.com/vfd-feature-en/

The LCD should (ideally) look like this:-

http://www.soundgraph.com/oem-lcd-feature-en/

(though all the ones I've seen have a bright pink background instead of black/dark blue, and cyan text)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mediocaballero View Post
    I guess you could direct them to this URL, where a user documented the problem with pictures... My problem quite the same as the one described here:

blog.insanegenius.com/2008/04/antec-veris-fusion-black-htpc-case.html
    Actually that picture is way way better than any LCD I have personally seen. All the ones I've seen have an almost luminous pink background. At least that one is actually blue.. albeit the wrong blue

Still, it's obviously wrong.. and really needs fixing/correction.
    Last edited by MonkeyL; 02-03-2010 at 02:16 PM.

Antec support
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elyl View Post
    Hi Antec,

Do you know if it's a VFD or an LCD in my Fusion V2 Remote case? Do you know if a replacement screen will resolve the problems I'm having where the display becomes garbled or doesn't turn on? I've already raised a support ticket (197236) and was told to RMA it, but I'm being asked some more strange questions after raising the RMA. I just want to know if a new screen will fix my problem.

Thanks.
    Hi Elyl,

We use LCDs on the Fusion V2 Remote case. In general, a replacement screen should resolve your problem. Did you get the replacement LCD yet?

Please let us know if the replacement screen works out for you.

Regards,
    Antec

Antec support
    Thanks

Actually that picture is way way better than any LCD I have personally seen. All the ones I've seen have an almost luminous pink background. At least that one is actually blue.. albeit the wrong blue

Still, it's obviously wrong.. and really needs fixing/correction.
    Hi MonkeyL,

I know you've gone through numerous cases and LCD displays but what we recommend is trying to RMA the LCD/case to us again. I know you have probably gone through this process numerous times but it seems like the only solution we have so far or until product development gets back to me on this problem. I would definitely ask the RMA department to test the LCD before shipping it out to you.

Where are you located? UK or the US?

Regards,
    Antec

Thanks

Hi MonkeyL,

I know you've gone through numerous cases and LCD displays but what we recommend is trying to RMA the LCD/case to us again. I know you have probably gone through this process numerous times but it seems like the only solution we have so far or until product development gets back to me on this problem. I would definitely ask the RMA department to test the LCD before shipping it out to you.
    OK, my ticket is still open so I asked again if there is any solution. Apparently the issue has been passed to the US for investigation. It would seem that for the moment, there is no effective solution.

Where are you located? UK or the US?
    I am located in the UK.

Antec support
    Thanks

OK, my ticket is still open so I asked again if there is any solution. Apparently the issue has been passed to the US for investigation. It would seem that for the moment, there is no effective solution.

I am located in the UK.
    Hi MonkeyL!

We are actually looking into this problem right now. The only solution we have now is for you to RMA the display to us. Since you have gone through this process a few times already, I would recommend asking the RMA department to test the display before shipping it back to you.

Regards,
    Antec

Thanks

Hi MonkeyL!

We are actually looking into this problem right now. The only solution we have now is for you to RMA the display to us. Since you have gone through this process a few times already, I would recommend asking the RMA department to test the display before shipping it back to you.

Regards,
    Antec
    OK, thanks for your efforts in this matter. I'll get onto support tonight when I get in and get the RMA arranged.

Cheers again.
    M

Registered+
    Thanks

Is there any news on this issue?
    I have submitted an RMA on the same issue...

I wasn't able to find the QA Stamp neither the serial number for my case... can anyone direct me to where are those stickers in the case?

Thanks

Is there any news on this issue?
    I have asked if there is now an effective solution to the issue, and if so for an RMA to replace my LCD.

I haven't had a response as yet. It usually takes a few days, so I am hoping for some info on Monday.

I have submitted an RMA on the same issue...

I wasn't able to find the QA Stamp neither the serial number for my case... can anyone direct me to where are those stickers in the case?
    Same here, the QA stamp was so smudged it was unreadable, it was on the divider panel between the PSU & MB chambers. There is no serial on the case, I used the number under the barcode from the box.

Registered+
    Thanks

Any news on this issue?

I've asked Antec support on this issue and have been told to fill a RMA form...

UPDATE:
    I've got my RMA number... I have to send the display to The Netherlands :-P
    Last edited by mediocaballero; 17-03-2010 at 10:42 AM.

Thread Information