Antec Home Antec Info Antec products Where to buy Antec support Antec enclosures Antec PSUs Antec media components Antec accessories Antec cooling Antec 80 PLUS products
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Fusion Remote/ Fusion Remote Max

Thanks

Re: Fusion Remote/ Fusion Remote Max

My quiery about whether there is an effective solution wasn't addressed, which is a bit worrying, but I did get a response saying they can replace the LCD with one that has been tested before dispatch.

Having already done all this once I'm wary that it'll just come back the same, but I guess there's little I can do but go through the process again.

Sent the photo's I've taken that highlight the differences between what it looks like and what it's supposed to look like, so hopefully this will prevent getting a replacement that is also faulty.

Fingers crossed

Antec support
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyL View Post
    My quiery about whether there is an effective solution wasn't addressed, which is a bit worrying, but I did get a response saying they can replace the LCD with one that has been tested before dispatch.

Having already done all this once I'm wary that it'll just come back the same, but I guess there's little I can do but go through the process again.

Sent the photo's I've taken that highlight the differences between what it looks like and what it's supposed to look like, so hopefully this will prevent getting a replacement that is also faulty.

Fingers crossed
    Hi MonkeyL!

I think as long as you addressed the problem like you did (w/photos & requesting them to test before dispatch) you should get a good replacement. Too bad I'm in the US branch or else I could maybe keep an eye on the replacement LCD screen for you. Hopefully you'll get your good LCD replacement. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Regards,
    Antec

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Antec-tech View Post
    Hi MonkeyL!

I think as long as you addressed the problem like you did (w/photos & requesting them to test before dispatch) you should get a good replacement. Too bad I'm in the US branch or else I could maybe keep an eye on the replacement LCD screen for you. Hopefully you'll get your good LCD replacement. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Regards,
    Antec
    Thanks for your response.

Looks like it's been passed back the the US again after the rep saw the pictures.

I don't think Antec EU can supply an LCD or replace the case with one that isn't faulty. I suspect that all their stock suffers the same fault. I have seen quite a few LCD's in various Antec products recently, and have yet to see one that looks as it should.

So it's back to awaiting a response from the US office. Perhaps you could look into speeding that along?

Regards
    M

Antec support
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyL View Post
    Thanks for your response.

Looks like it's been passed back the the US again after the rep saw the pictures.

I don't think Antec EU can supply an LCD or replace the case with one that isn't faulty. I suspect that all their stock suffers the same fault. I have seen quite a few LCD's in various Antec products recently, and have yet to see one that looks as it should.

So it's back to awaiting a response from the US office. Perhaps you could look into speeding that along?

Regards
    M
    Hi MonkeyL,

I will try to see what I can do. We should carry all the same replacement items as Antec EU, so if Antec EU does not have a replacement LCD that isn't faulty than we don't have it either. We have been looking into this problem for a few weeks now and hopefully we will have some sort of a solution soon. Again, I apologize for this problem and thank you for your patience.

Regards,
    Antec

Thanks

Hi MonkeyL,

I will try to see what I can do. We should carry all the same replacement items as Antec EU, so if Antec EU does not have a replacement LCD that isn't faulty than we don't have it either. We have been looking into this problem for a few weeks now and hopefully we will have some sort of a solution soon. Again, I apologize for this problem and thank you for your patience.

Regards,
    Antec
    No worries then, I'll await the results of the investigation.

Once again, thank you for your efforts in helping to resolve this issue.

Best Regards
    M

Registered+
    Thanks

Hi!

I've been preparing my LCD module to send it for RMA to Antec EU on Monday and I'd hate to get back one that looks exactly the same. :-(

Any advice? should I wait till a solution is confirmed?

Antec support
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mediocaballero View Post
    Hi!

I've been preparing my LCD module to send it for RMA to Antec EU on Monday and I'd hate to get back one that looks exactly the same. :-(

Any advice? should I wait till a solution is confirmed?
    Hi Mediocaballero,

I would speak with the RMA department over at Antec EU and ask them about this problem. I would provide detailed information like MonkeyL did regarding this issue. Show them what the problem is and ask them to test it before returning it to you. A lot of other members have seen good LCD displays and I don't know why the displays in EU tend to be defective or have pink squares.

Regards,
    Antec

Registered+
    Thanks

It's not exactly that it has 'pink squares', but a too bright pink-coloured background light that makes text almost impossible to read (and noticeably uncomfortable to have in dim or no-light situations, like watching a movie).

I've been taking some pics of my system and I'd try to prepare a doc explaining the difference between what it is and what it should be like.

MonkeyL, can I ask which pics did you use for the 'what it should look like'? I know I saw some good ones, but I've been browsing Antec's web site and all I find now are pics with the LCD switched off... :-m

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: I've finally found some pics that ilustrate the problem. Just want to check if it's the same problem everyone complains about.

These are from soundgraph (how it should be):

These are from Pieter Viljoen's blog, a user that seems to have the same problem as most people here do:
    Last edited by mediocaballero; 23-03-2010 at 08:53 AM.

Thanks

MonkeyL, can I ask which pics did you use for the 'what it should look like'?
    I used pictures I took myself of my older Fusion NSK430 (now branded as Fusion Black), which uses the same LCD as the Fusion Max but isn't overbright and discoloured. I'm still not convinced it's as good as it should be but I have always found it acceptable, and it sure highlights the problems with the Max.

PM me an email address and I'll post the pictures to you if you'd like.
    Last edited by MonkeyL; 23-03-2010 at 05:37 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks

Hi, thanks for your offering.

I've not been able to find a way to send PMs here. Can you send them to mediocaballero at gmail dot com? :-)

Also, I've taken some pics of my system. In my opinion it's barely usable, and when on it makes more harm than good (it's really annoying with dim light on the room), but I'd like your opinion based on the ones you have have received after RMAs and the one one the NSK... could you take a look and tell me what you think of them?

Of course, any other opinion (specially from Antec's representatives) is very welcome :-D

Thanks!

Thanks
    • Ironbuket's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock AMD X470 Taichi
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB (2x8GB) T-Force Dark Pro
      • Storage:
      • 1TB 970EVO M.2, 1TB 850EVO + many others
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX970
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet Straight Power 750W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT02B
      • Operating System:
      • Win10x64 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Hyundai W240D v2 + Dell (both @1920x1200)
      • Internet:
      • Zen

You should be able to get it slightly clearer than shown in those pictures if you tweak the settings. For me the problem is most obvious when you look at the screen from an angle.

The difference in brightness between the characters and the background is too close that at even a slight angle they both become the same colour (pink) and you cannot make out the text anymore.

Sat straight on i dont get the pink problem, I have my settings as follows:

iMon Utilities > FrontView
    Backlight OFF
    LCD Contrast on the 2nd setting from the left (left being Low)

NB: The above control might not be the same if you have a different version of iMon Manager
    2700X,X470 Taichi,Silverstone Fortress 2,16GB RAM, SSDx3, HDDx4,GTX970 G1 Gaming,24"x2(1xIPS,1xTFT),W10x64Pro
    HTPC: AthlonX2 5050e,M4A78-EM,AntecFusion,8GB RAM,ATi3200,32"Sony TV,W7x64Pre

Registered+
    Thanks

Thanks for the feedback!

I already tweaked the contrast settings, the results in the pics are the best I could get. In mine it's also worse when looked from above, which is quite sad, as I have my case almost at ground-level as you can see in the pics. :-(

I never noticed an option for 'Backlight OFF'... I'll check again when I get home this evening...

I'm using the latest version of the iMon software, with autoupdate (though it screwed my mediaportal LCD plugin from working :-P).

UPDATE: I connected remotely to my home computer and checked the settings. They are almost the same as you suggested.
    The backlight off option is just for when frontview goes off, isn't it?
    Here are my settings and version:

UPDATE 2: I contacted Antec EU before sending my LCD module to them for the replacement, and got this response (kudos for them for a quick reply, btw)
    Right now we are awaiting for our Head Office to give us updated information on this issue, as you are not the only of our customers experiencing this problem. As soon as we obtain more details be sure we'll let you know right away.
    Last edited by mediocaballero; 25-03-2010 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Antec info

Antec support
    Thanks

Thanks for the feedback!

I already tweaked the contrast settings, the results in the pics are the best I could get. In mine it's also worse when looked from above, which is quite sad, as I have my case almost at ground-level as you can see in the pics. :-(

I never noticed an option for 'Backlight OFF'... I'll check again when I get home this evening...

I'm using the latest version of the iMon software, with autoupdate (though it screwed my mediaportal LCD plugin from working :-P).

UPDATE: I connected remotely to my home computer and checked the settings. They are almost the same as you suggested.
    Here are my settings and version:

UPDATE 2: I contacted Antec EU before sending my LCD module to them for the replacement, and got this response (kudos for them for a quick reply, btw)
    Hi Mediocaballero,

I believe product development is trying to find some sort of solution. I will have to check with technical support and product development to see whats going on. I understand this might be a little frustrating, Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
    Antec

Registered+
    Thanks

Hi Mediocaballero,

I believe product development is trying to find some sort of solution. I will have to check with technical support and product development to see whats going on. I understand this might be a little frustrating, Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
    Antec
    Ok, thanks for the info!

If it may help, in the official soundgraph (the imon products manufacturer) forum they made some statements as to what may be the cause of the issue. I guess they'll probably have it already or will have contacted soundgraph themselves, but anyway, here's the relevant post, should you want to forward it to the technical support group:

http://www.soundgraph.com/forums/sho...=4745#post4745

Thanks
    • Ironbuket's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock AMD X470 Taichi
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB (2x8GB) T-Force Dark Pro
      • Storage:
      • 1TB 970EVO M.2, 1TB 850EVO + many others
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX970
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet Straight Power 750W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT02B
      • Operating System:
      • Win10x64 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Hyundai W240D v2 + Dell (both @1920x1200)
      • Internet:
      • Zen

Backlight off will make the whole panel less bright. Just press it and click the OK button, you should see an instant change (no reboot nessasary).
    2700X,X470 Taichi,Silverstone Fortress 2,16GB RAM, SSDx3, HDDx4,GTX970 G1 Gaming,24"x2(1xIPS,1xTFT),W10x64Pro
    HTPC: AthlonX2 5050e,M4A78-EM,AntecFusion,8GB RAM,ATi3200,32"Sony TV,W7x64Pre

Antec support
    Thanks

Hey Everyone,

Just heard from product development talking about this problem today. We are currently creating a guide to resolve this problem. I will post and let you guys know about more about this once I get all the information.

Regards,
    Antec

Thread Information