Antec Home Antec Info Antec products Where to buy Antec support Antec enclosures Antec PSUs Antec media components Antec accessories Antec cooling Antec 80 PLUS products
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Fusion Remote/ Fusion Remote Max

Antec representative
    Thanks

Re: Fusion Remote/ Fusion Remote Max

Hi guys,

I have forwarded this to the Chassis people and I can imagine that we will be looking into it and try to make changes for the better.

Christoph

Thanks
    • Ironbuket's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock AMD X470 Taichi
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB (2x8GB) T-Force Dark Pro
      • Storage:
      • 1TB 970EVO M.2, 1TB 850EVO + many others
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX970
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet Straight Power 750W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT02B
      • Operating System:
      • Win10x64 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Hyundai W240D v2 + Dell (both @1920x1200)
      • Internet:
      • Zen

Thank you mediocaballero for this heads-up!

Good news at last!

Notice SoundGraph's dig/snipe at Antec in the quote below, lol!

SoundGraph ODM/OEM LCD module are not as bright as ODM/OEM VFD products. So, many of HTPC manufacturers use transparency acrylic to cover their ODM/OEM LCD products. In this case, it makes the LCD display text information easier to read but there are some disadvantages as like visible circuit patterns and LCD color looks like pink(violet).

SoundGraph recommend ODM/OEM customers to use half mirror to cover ODM/OEM LCD module instead of the transparency acrylic. However, some ODM/OEM customers still choose to use the transparency acrylic to cover SoundGraph ODM/OEM LCD module.

SoundGraph received many inquiries from SoundGraph User Forums that end users who currently have transparency acrylic cover on their products and wish to have a solution to make their display become clear which means that information become easy to read, circuit patterns become invisible and background become black.

SoundGraph decide to supply ODM/OEM LCD Cover Filter Set to resolve this problem. This LCD Cover Filter will make circuit pattern invisible and the display information easy to read. The product is composed of 3 piece of LCD Filter Cover. There are three different transmittance filters. Users can choose the Cover Filter according to their environment and adjust LCD contrast using iMON Manager.

May 26, 2010
    SoundGraph, Inc.
    How do we know which of the 3 types to choose? Im thinking of going for the medium one as you can still see the circuits in the bright one.

Can we send the bill for this to Antec?
    2700X,X470 Taichi,Silverstone Fortress 2,16GB RAM, SSDx3, HDDx4,GTX970 G1 Gaming,24"x2(1xIPS,1xTFT),W10x64Pro
    HTPC: AthlonX2 5050e,M4A78-EM,AntecFusion,8GB RAM,ATi3200,32"Sony TV,W7x64Pre

Registered+
    Thanks

As I understand it, it's a set of three filters, so you can try them all and use the one that best suits you.

Still, it's $27 shipped to Spain (or anywhere in Europe, as far as I know), so I still think it's a bit expensive for something that should have been already included with our cases...

I hope Antec admits the error, gets a load of these filters from soundgraph and sends them to all the unhappy customers... :-m

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mediocaballero View Post
    As I understand it, it's a set of three filters, so you can try them all and use the one that best suits you.

Still, it's $27 shipped to Spain (or anywhere in Europe, as far as I know), so I still think it's a bit expensive for something that should have been already included with our cases...

I hope Antec admits the error, gets a load of these filters from soundgraph and sends them to all the unhappy customers... :-m
    Any news on this. Did anyone manage to get the filters?

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyL View Post
    Any news on this. Did anyone manage to get the filters?
    Yup, some sort of news. They added an option for standard envelope shipping that is 1$.

I ordered one set for 11$, I'll keep you informed when I get them.

Thanks

Yup, some sort of news. They added an option for standard envelope shipping that is 1$.

I ordered one set for 11$, I'll keep you informed when I get them.
    Almost a month later, I'm assuming they didn't arrive?

Registered+
    Thanks

Almost a month later, I'm assuming they didn't arrive?
    Sorry for not updating... They did arrive, and quite fast (they took like a week or so to get to Spain), but I've been out for holidays for quite some days, so they are still on the envelope. You can take a look at the soundgraph forums, they have posted some pics of the results there... I'll try to set mine up this week and upload some pics as well.

Thanks

Sorry for not updating... They did arrive, and quite fast (they took like a week or so to get to Spain), but I've been out for holidays for quite some days, so they are still on the envelope. You can take a look at the soundgraph forums, they have posted some pics of the results there... I'll try to set mine up this week and upload some pics as well.
    Cool. Cheers for the response.

I checked out the pictures on the soundgraph site. Looks good. My only concern is that the original LCD's displayed there, before the filter is installed, all look a million times better than all the ones I've ever seen. They're already blue (albeit very bright), but mine is bright pink. I have a funny feeling the filter will just make it darker pink.

Still, I recieved an email from Antec saying they're waiting for their stock of filters to arrive and they will send me a set when they do. So I'll give it a whirl then.

Registered+
    Thanks

Cool. Cheers for the response.

I checked out the pictures on the soundgraph site. Looks good. My only concern is that the original LCD's displayed there, before the filter is installed, all look a million times better than all the ones I've ever seen. They're already blue (albeit very bright), but mine is bright pink. I have a funny feeling the filter will just make it darker pink.

Still, I recieved an email from Antec saying they're waiting for their stock of filters to arrive and they will send me a set when they do. So I'll give it a whirl then.
    I meant the forums, not the 'official' pics... there you can check some user experiences with the filters:
    http://www.soundgraph.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=89

Funny enough, I asked Antec EU support for the filters as well and they say they couldn't provide them, so I had to pay soundgraph for them... :-(

Thanks

I meant the forums, not the 'official' pics... there you can check some user experiences with the filters:
    http://www.soundgraph.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=89
    Yes, they are the pictures I was referring to. That LCD already looks a million times better than all the ones I've seen even before the filter is placed over the top.

Funny enough, I asked Antec EU support for the filters as well and they say they couldn't provide them, so I had to pay soundgraph for them... :-(
    EU support is utterly useless. Simply not fit for purpose.

The number of times they've blatantly misled, promised something that hasn't happened, ignored emails and so on is endless. The warranty, at least in the EU, isn't really worth a great deal.

In the end I just went to US support, who have assured me that I will recieve a filter set when they arrive at Antec HQ. To be honest, if it's anything like the experience so far, there won't be any filters.

Lets put it this way, I'm not holding my breath

Thanks

Well, the filter turned up today. Kudos to US support.

Unfortunately, it makes little difference.

As suspected the LCD background is still bright pink, just slightly less so.

Most disappointing, compared to the same LCD in a Fusion bought a year earlier it looks terrible.

Sod it, have a Zalman HTPC case stashed in reserve just in case.

Time to swap to that for now, while I press Antec further.
    Last edited by MonkeyL; 19-08-2010 at 07:41 PM.

Thanks
    • Ironbuket's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock AMD X470 Taichi
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX970
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Win10x64 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Zen

WTF!

All that effort and it makes no difference?

Are the filters the same ones that Soundgraph are selling or is it something Antec have knocked up?

Im glad I didnt get around to buying them now, they dont make any difference, thats just crazy...
    2700X,X470 Taichi,Silverstone Fortress 2,16GB RAM, SSDx3, HDDx4,GTX970 G1 Gaming,24"x2(1xIPS,1xTFT),W10x64Pro

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ironbuket View Post
    WTF!

All that effort and it makes no difference?
    It makes pretty much zero difference, it's not even tinted, just a slight mirror effect.

Are the filters the same ones that Soundgraph are selling or is it something Antec have knocked up?
    No idea, but judging by the difference on the video Soundgraph made showing their filters, I don't think the one Antec sent is the right one, the difference is so non existant.

Im glad I didnt get around to buying them now, they dont make any difference, thats just crazy...
    Indeed, you would imagine someone would just use their eye's and actually look at the display on the products they sell. I still maintain that I have no idea how on earth this case made it to retail in it's present state. It's a complete eyesore.

The quality of Antec products does seem to have nosedived recently, maybe it's a casualty of that. Still, it's not very good.

Thanks

Well, finally had another LCD to replace the last two that were faulty.

Insisted on a picture before the new one was sent to avoid getting another pink one, the picture was of a blue LCD.

Got the new LCD delivered yesterday, installed into the case, and..... it's bright pink.

Thanks

Well mate you have more patience than me, i sold mine as i had the same problem and couldn't live with it.

One thing for sure, i have built 3 systems since then and none were in Antec cases

Robert

Thanks
    • Ironbuket's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock AMD X470 Taichi
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX970
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Win10x64 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Zen

Technology has moved on a bit and Im considering changing my HTPC for one based on an atom board, obviously that would involve ditching my Fusion case and replacing it with something much smaller and without a display this time as I dont believe any of them work.

I dont game on my HTPC and so my fusion case's days are numbered as the atoms now play 1080p no problem.

Thread Information