Antec Home Antec Info Antec products Where to buy Antec support Antec enclosures Antec PSUs Antec media components Antec accessories Antec cooling Antec 80 PLUS products

Thread: Antec Twelve Hundred and USB 3 front ports?

Thanks

Antec Twelve Hundred and USB 3 front ports?

Hi there,

I bought an Antec Twelve Hundred last year for a home build project which I'm currently working on.

I read recently that the case has recently been updated with a new front plate with one or more USB 3 ports included.

I was just wondering:

1. is it possible to fit the new (v3) front plate to older Antec Twelve Hundred Cases (v2)?
    2. If so, is it possible to buy this front plate to fit to my case?
    3. Where would I purchase it?

Thanks for your time.

Phil

Thanks

Re: Antec Twelve Hundred and USB 3 front ports?

Quote Originally Posted by trekkypj View Post
    Hi there,

I bought an Antec Twelve Hundred last year for a home build project which I'm currently working on.

I read recently that the case has recently been updated with a new front plate with one or more USB 3 ports included.

I was just wondering:

1. is it possible to fit the new (v3) front plate to older Antec Twelve Hundred Cases (v2)?
    2. If so, is it possible to buy this front plate to fit to my case?
    3. Where would I purchase it?

Thanks for your time.

Phil

Hi Phil,

1. The front port assembly for the Twelve Hundred V3 will not be compatible with the previous verions as the fitment will be slightly different.

2. To upgrade to the V3 front port, you will need to also purchase the top panel for the V3.

3. Both the V3 top panel and front port assembly is currently on back order. While we currently do not have an ETA on when the shipment will arrive, you can check back with us in a few weeks by either submitting an online ticket or contacting our customer support at 1-800-222-6832.

Thanks
    Eric

Registered+
    Thanks

If USB 3 is a must best to look for a 2.5 inch drive for the front, like the USB 3 box that came with the ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, thats what I did.

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion General Frags. It is always a good option to add front facing ports with one of those consoles for drive bays. Another idea is to change a USB2.0 socket in the front with an USB3.0 one that came with your mainboard. A lot of mainboards do come with additional USB3.0 ports for the extensions slots that can be unscrewed and fitted to the front of a case. All it needs is a little handicraft work.

Thread Information