Antec Home Antec Info Antec products Where to buy Antec support Antec enclosures Antec PSUs Antec media components Antec accessories Antec cooling Antec 80 PLUS products

Thread: Too high temps on KÜHLER H2O 620?

Thanks

Too high temps on KÜHLER H2O 620?

Hello

I just have the Antec KÜHLER H2O 620 and I think the temperatures I am getting are way to high? I have an AMD Phenom II X4 980 (not overclocked) and the Corsair Obsidian 650D case.
    I barely get an idle temp of 34 deg Celsius but only with the fan at 100%. When my CPU is 100% running, the temp is going up to 55 degrees Celsius, Way way higher then with the fan cooler I had.
    I did remove the cooler itself to put it on again. The pre-applied thermal pad I had to replace and used Arctic Silver 5 cooling paste. But no difference.
    The cooler itself does makes a soft noise, like a hard disk. When CPU is on full load the cooler itself does feel really hot but the hoses and radiator are just a bit warm.
    I did move the radiator around while the pump was active to remove airbubbles (yes, I did read in the forum here ) but no difference.
    Also did turn the radiator 180degrees around so the hoses are on the bottom but no difference.
    The cooler itself is attached to the CPU-power and cool & quiet is not active, so pump is running 100% at around 1460 rpm.

So, any tips to get normal temperatures? Or are these normal temps for this cooler? I had a fan cooler (Zalman CNPS9900 MAX but it went broke) and idle it was at 33 degrees Celsius (with fan at 50%) and CPU at 100% it never went above 47 degrees (with fan at 100%).

Thanx in advance!
    Menno
    The Netherlands

Thanks

Re: Too high temps on KÜHLER H2O 620?

Hi Menno,

Thanks for all the info, please e-mail me at vip@antec.com. You might have a defective pump with that noise that you're receiving. For a Kuhler 620, that's the average temp, around 33-34 degrees, as long as your idle temp won't be around 40-50 degrees. Also, on max, the temp is also in average, the overheating temp should be around 77-80 degrees Celsius.

Thanks

Thread Information