Thread: iBook and Apple/Dell monitor screens

Thanks

iBook and Apple/Dell monitor screens

Ok, i may be asking a silly question here, but are the screens in iBooks the same type as used in the Dell and Apple displays?

I've been using a Phillips LCD monitor and it really is destroying my eye sight, i'm on my iBook at the moment and it's an absolute god-send, therefore i'm wondering if the screen in this machine is the same as that which would be supplied in the Dell/Apple products? is it the same technology etc? If so, i'm going to snap one up, before i go blind!

Cheers

Dan.

Loves duck, Peking Duck! bsodmike's Avatar
    Thanks
    • bsodmike's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Misc.
      • CPU:
      • Mac Pro 2.8 GHz (8-cores) / iMac 2.8GHz C2D Extreme Edition / MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 & 13.3" 2.26 GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR2 kits on all systems / FB ECC RAM in Mac Pro
      • Storage:
      • 320GB + 3x 1TB, Mac Pro / 500 GB, iMac / 2x 1TB & 2x 2TB WD My Book Studio II, via FW800 to Mac Pro
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256MB (two dual-link DVI ports / Mac Pro)
      • PSU:
      • Misc.
      • Case:
      • Misc.
      • Operating System:
      • Mac OS X 10.5 (Mac Pro) / Mac OS X 10.4.11 (others)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Apple 23" Cinema HD / Dell FPW2408 / iMac 24" display
      • Internet:
      • 2mbps ADSL (Mac Pro) / 512kbps WiMax (Wifi/MacBook Pro)
    Hey there Dan,

I can not say for sure if they use the exact same panel. What I *can* say is that the iBooks use panels that aren't as great as the Powerbook line, and even in the powerbook line the 15" and 17" panels are much sharper and vibrant than the 12" model.

Best is to check out the Dell display and see for your self. Also ensure a dotpitch below .28 (worst case) and a response time under 20ms (if it is 18/19"), and 16" for 17" of course.

I'm still shocked how my 23" apple display performs like 16ms or so...and the 30" HD I saw is as responsive..totally amazing.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bsodmike
    Hey there Dan,

I can not say for sure if they use the exact same panel. What I *can* say is that the iBooks use panels that aren't as great as the Powerbook line, and even in the powerbook line the 15" and 17" panels are much sharper and vibrant than the 12" model.

Best is to check out the Dell display and see for your self. Also ensure a dotpitch below .28 (worst case) and a response time under 20ms (if it is 18/19"), and 16" for 17" of course.

I'm still shocked how my 23" apple display performs like 16ms or so...and the 30" HD I saw is as responsive..totally amazing.
    Gracias, i'm going to go for one anyway, anything's got to be better than this Phillips model i've got now... TRUELY awful...

Adios

Dan.

Thread Information