• Mobility HD4850
      • PSU:
      • 120W
      • Case:
      • MSI GT725
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Windows 8/8.1 Drivers

When are there going to be working drivers for Windows 8.1 for Vengeance 1500 Headset?

Even under 8.0 I had to use compatibility settings to use the older drivers (newer ones had the too loud issue). And now under Windows 8.1 the 2%+ being too loud issue is back and can't use anything other than stereo.

It's a bit disappointing to be honest since even 8.1 has been in preview since July so I'm not sure why there's such a delay in working drivers from Corsair.

Corsair Rep
    Thanks

Re: Windows 8/8.1 Drivers

Sorry to hear superscaper. We are currently working a new driver that will be more compliant with Win 8.1. It is on its final stages and should be ready for public release anytime soon. We just want to make sure that we have everything in place before making it public. Inter testing is ongoing at the moment, so I'd give it a week or two before releasing it to the public. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.

Banned
    Thanks

Windows 8/8 1 Drivers

It's also interesting that if they improve things this much why doesn't nVidia use these settings from the outset? It's not like nVidia are idiots that don't know how to configure a driver. Sure there's bugs in drivers, but also building software drivers for windows especially high performance gaming is HARD with so many variables and system config combinations. Perhaps stability/compatibility reasons? But then why not just have settings per GPU? They would definitely want better performance/playability to keep people from buying AMD. My guess is YMMV for games vs benchmarks vs what program are you running vs what GPU you have vs etc...

Thread Information