Thread: Traffic Wardens to give out tickets for motoring offences

Thanks

Traffic Wardens to give out tickets for motoring offences

After my rant yesterday about the government's stupidity, I thought I'd post some good news. Apparently Traffic Wardens will be able to fine people for minor motoring offences; the examples given are ignoring box junctions and turning right where signes prohibit it. Good- I ****ing hate people who think the rules of the road don't apply to them. Apart from the rules about speeding.

Rich :¬)

only the finest beef
    Thanks
    How will that work?

Most traffic wardens are on foot; and I can't see many people stopping becasue someone in a yellow coat is waving at them.

Good idea but... it'll never work.

Thanks
    Fail to stop and he radios your registration, police respond and you are arrested for failing to stop, and probably lose your licence. When will someone do something about the lunatic cyclists, thats what I want to know!

Thanks
    I think the idea is that they have a camera, take a picture of anyone breaking the rules, and then a fixed penalty is issued.

I've never been endangered by a cyclist (and I work in the centre of London) but I've been slowed down by prats ignoring box junctions too many times to recall. Still, if they want to do cyclists for breaking the rules, that's fine by me too.

Rich :¬)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TeePee
    Fail to stop and he radios your registration, police respond and you are arrested for failing to stop, and probably lose your licence. When will someone do something about the lunatic cyclists, thats what I want to know!
    I'm a lunatic cyclist....... but I tend not to break the rules of the road, cos it aggravates me when people do it when I'm trying to drive my van... I'll occassionally, like this morning nip up the pavement to bypass traffic lights, but I walk if I'm doing that - people riding on the pavement infuriates me summat rotten - I've also found that a mountain bike is a really good platform for informing the nice people that it isn't foggy so they don't need their fog lights on

Quote Originally Posted by The Quentos
    "My udder is growing. Quick pass me the parsely sauce." Said Oliver.

Nox
    Vorsprung durch Technik
    Thanks
    • Nox's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Yes
      • CPU:
      • Yes
      • Memory:
      • Yes
      • Storage:
      • Yes
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Yes
      • PSU:
      • Yes
      • Case:
      • Yes
      • Monitor(s):
      • Yes
      • Internet:
      • Yes
    I think drivers are worse than cyclists, and i'm a driver not a cyclist my other half blatently cut some one up the other day and then started mouthing off their bad driving when they beeped at her having done nothing wrong! (and i didn't want to walk home, was raining)

It will be good I guess that people will hopefully be more careful, atleast for a short while, though i do wonder when the first 'stealth wardens' will set up near a roundabout at rushhour...

Nox

Thanks
    If you obey the rules of the road you aren't a lunati cyclist. I remember you from last time this came up, you're the law abiding cyclist, you're famous! I'm refering to every cyclist other than you.

Thread Information