Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had an Accident earlier today

Thanks

Had an Accident earlier today

quick querie, had a car accident today pulled into a little circular road where it sort of makes a half circle shape where u can pull in from the left hand side of the main road continue round and then pull back into the main road.

to picture what happened i was goin up a main road took the left turn in the lay by and then come out the top ready to turn right back into the main road with the intention of goin back down the way i came. Upon bulling back into the road I made the turn 2/5 of the way until another car came speeding down the hill hit the brakes and skid into the front wheel arch passenger side of my lovely focus

the damage is very minor and it going to cost me £140 to repair. I'm gutted because the car has only been mine for a few weeks even though its a W Reg its my pride and pleasure. Damage is being repaired this Thursday however my querie is, how do you guys think an insurance company would shed light on this?

Another question is when the wheelarch is repaired using body filler, will this affect the car in any way shape or form? I'm very tetchy about having it repaired probably because I would like to know it's still in the untouched condition it was when I bought however, **** happens.

Thanks
    • GoNz0's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rampage V Extreme
      • CPU:
      • i7 something X99 based
      • Memory:
      • 16gb GSkill
      • Storage:
      • 4 SSD's + WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX980 Strix WC
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Galaxy 1250 (9 years and counting)
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900D
      • Operating System:
      • win10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 24"
      • Internet:
      • 220mb Cable

Re: Had an Accident earlier today

if they did indeed skid they lost control of the car and its not your fault, claim from them and get a new wing fitted

Thanks

Even though I am asking about how an insurance would evaluate this situation, the police officer at the scene advised both of us to settle our own damage to our own vehicle due to the fact insurance would take a long time and it could go either way.

Also the fact she had no tax disc in her windscreen raised a few eyebrows but seriously has this outcome done me any favours at all. I need a bit of self satisfaction and reassurance to be honest. I've randomly searched through forums on google and decided to post on this one just because I'm feeling pretty rock bottom :/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GoNz0 View Post
    if they did indeed skid they lost control of the car and its not your fault, claim from them and get a new wing fitted

Even though she skid the weather conditions were poor (raining very bad) my only witnesses to her skidding were some teenagers in the bustop who were very helpful in all fairness, however she had many witnesses saying it was my fault who appeared from no where after she made a few phone calls during the wait for the police....you know how it goes.

Would this be deemed her fault even though I am the one pulling out of the junction and she is already travelling on the main road and she drove into my front passenger wing (she had slight scuff marks and a dent on her front driver side bumper. I did not make the turn I scarcely made it half way before contact was made

Really appreciate the reponse by the way. Top forum

Thanks

Tell a lie, the Police Officer advised me to take the opportunity to fix and pay for my own damage the other driver do the same as it would be difficult to prove that she was speeding and that the blame was more angled toward myself

Thanks
    • finlay666's system
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6950 2gb
      • Case:
      • Fractal R3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • U2713HM and V222H
      • Internet:
      • cable

Errr a diagram could help here, hard to tell whether you were at all/partly/totally responsible for it

If you weren't, then it wont cost you anything to fix, as it will come off their insurance (you did get details right?)
    H3XU5 Social FAQ
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerai View Post
    I do like a bit of hot crumpet

Thanks
    • finlay666's system
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6950 2gb
      • Case:
      • Fractal R3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • U2713HM and V222H
      • Internet:
      • cable

Quote Originally Posted by Grovesy View Post
    Even though I am asking about how an insurance would evaluate this situation, the police officer at the scene advised both of us to settle our own damage to our own vehicle due to the fact insurance would take a long time and it could go either way.

Also the fact she had no tax disc in her windscreen raised a few eyebrows but seriously has this outcome done me any favours at all.
    AFAIK if you are driving without a tax disc you are breaking the law, you shouldn't have a problem claiming then against her, especially if there was a police officer that showed up
    H3XU5 Social FAQ
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerai View Post
    I do like a bit of hot crumpet

Thanks
    • staffsMike's system
      • Motherboard:
      • evga 680i
      • CPU:
      • e6600
      • Memory:
      • geil ultra pc6400
      • Storage:
      • WD 320gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb
      • PSU:
      • ocz gameXstream 700w
      • Case:
      • akasa eclipse
      • Monitor(s):
      • dell 2007wfp and Lg L194WT
      • Internet:
      • pipex homecall

Sounds like it was your fault tbh.. speeding or not you're supposed to make that judgement and leave enough time for yourself to pull out and accelerate. If she hit you when you had barely made the turn you must have seen her coming surely, unless the junction is near a brow of the hill and you pulled out before she was clearly visable, then it is 100% her fault.

If she has no tax displayed then that certainly does raise my eyebrows, does she even have insurance?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by finlay666 View Post
    AFAIK if you are driving without a tax disc you are breaking the law, you shouldn't have a problem claiming then, especially if there was a police officer that showed up
    She claimed her tax disc was in her glove box and that the holder had broken, the police officer told me that he's not going to be lawfully technical/petty and that he is goin to use his discretion and bypass it as he was satisfied with what she had done

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by staffsMike View Post
    Sounds like it was your fault tbh.. speeding or not you're supposed to make that judgement and leave enough time for yourself to pull out and accelerate. If she hit you when you had barely made the turn you must have seen her coming surely, unless the junction is near a brow of the hill and you pulled out before she was clearly visable, then it is 100% her fault.

If she has no tax displayed then that certainly does raise my eyebrows, does she even have insurance?

Appreciate the honesty mate, yeah she claims her insurance is Tesco. It wasn't far from the brow of a hill however I believe I would have had enough time to see her coming. When I observed before turning it seemed like there was ample time and space to manouver on through however the situation says otherwise and so does her magically appearing witnesses. All I have are two teenage boys who are willing to bear witness that she used her breaks after travelling at some speed and literally skid until she made contact.

Thanks
    • staffsMike's system
      • Motherboard:
      • evga 680i
      • CPU:
      • e6600
      • Memory:
      • geil ultra pc6400
      • Storage:
      • WD 320gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb
      • PSU:
      • ocz gameXstream 700w
      • Case:
      • akasa eclipse
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • pipex homecall

What was the speed limit?

I was a bit blunt before lol, I know what it's like when it's a road you know, and you know the speed cars should be coming. At a glance they look far enough away (if they were travelling at the limit) and you pull out. Could happen to anyone but unless you can prove she was speeding then the blame will almost certainly fall on you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by staffsMike View Post
    What was the speed limit?

I was a bit blunt before lol, I know what it's like when it's a road you know, and you know the speed cars should be coming. At a glance they look far enough away (if they were travelling at the limit) and you pull out. Could happen to anyone but unless you can prove she was speeding then the blame will almost certainly fall on you.
    Nah seriously the outcome has been decided anyway noone takes blame and damage is paid for by the owner of each vehicle. The speed limit is 30mph however she was doing around 45mph possibly. Proving it is an issue with mere teenagers to bare witness who were sat in the bus stop at the time.

Thanks

I'm wondering though for a sake of such a tight situation it may be worth the £140 to leave my insurance policy un-affected. Also, to have that sort of damage fixed from your experience if any, how noticeable would it be that it ever happened given that the body repairer is very good at his job?

Thanks
    • staffsMike's system
      • Motherboard:
      • evga 680i
      • CPU:
      • e6600
      • Memory:
      • geil ultra pc6400
      • Storage:
      • WD 320gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb
      • PSU:
      • ocz gameXstream 700w
      • Case:
      • akasa eclipse
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • pipex homecall

If he's good at his job the results can be pretty amazing tbh.

Well at £140 you might as well sort it yourself, surely your policy excess is around £100 if not more anyway.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by finlay666 View Post
    AFAIK if you are driving without a tax disc you are breaking the law, you shouldn't have a problem claiming then against her, especially if there was a police officer that showed up
    Driving without a tax disc is not going imply the accident was her fault. Unless the police officer was a friend of the woman, there must be some logic to him/her saying it could go either way.

Thanks
    • GoNz0's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rampage V Extreme
      • CPU:
      • i7 something X99 based
      • Memory:
      • 16gb GSkill
      • Storage:
      • 4 SSD's + WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX980 Strix WC
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Galaxy 1250 (9 years and counting)
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900D
      • Operating System:
      • win10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 24"
      • Internet:
      • 220mb Cable

a local small bodyshop will bang the dent out and it will be fine tbh, save your premium going up even if it wasnt your fault you still had an accident as far as the insurance are concerned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information