Thread: Noooo!! :(

Thanks

Unhappy Noooo!! :(

I've sold my Metro.... I've got a new car. It's a Red SEAT Ibiza on an S plate. I drove it down to Newquay (700mile round trip) for my first major journey, I got back Saturday.

I get in from work today and decide to give it a quick wash with Zipwash/wax to get rid of the sand and salt accumilated and whilst I'm going over the car with a chamois I notice my front windscreen is cracked! It's a small star shaped crack, asif a stone has hit it.

What shall I do? I'm not competent to replace the windscreen myself, I dont want to claim on my 1.5 week old insurance, I doubt a scrappy will have one as its a rare-ish car... + I'll need someone to fit it!

Local garage? Auto Windscreens?? Wheres best? I want an official part, not some cheap replacement...

Thanks
    If its small enuf u can get it fixed...

Thanks
    What kind of cost am i looking at?

The crack hasnt gone all the way through.

I'll take pics of both the car and the crack tomo evening.

Thanks
    Can you not get it done on your insurance?? Generally it doesn't effect your no claims and if the crack is small enough you can get it fixed for free. I got a stone chip on the day I bought my car, phoned up my insurance company they fixed it the next day for free. If the windscreen has to be replaced there will be an excess, usually around £50-£60, but it still doesn't affect your ncb

Oh no!I've re-dorkalated! Jiff Lemon's Avatar
    Thanks
    ^^ exactley as the man says ^^

Thanks
    Ditto. You won't loose your no claims and you normally hand an XS of around £60.

Tbh, a windscreen is highly important to the structure and safety of a car, imo you'd be better getting it replaced.

Thanks
    It's also the most likely bit of glass to get broken... so they're fairly inexpensive to replace..

Quote Originally Posted by The Quentos
    "My udder is growing. Quick pass me the parsely sauce." Said Oliver.

XTR
    Va-va-vooom
    Thanks
    my windscreen had a stone chip in it.... my insurance policy covers windscreen repairs (free of charge, i.e. you dont pay anything.. no excess)... only if you take it to reputable dealers.. such as autoglass and autowindscreens. read your insurance documents....

if the screen needed to be replaced then all you would pay is your excess... which is usually £50 for windscreen replacements.

You need to take your certificate of insurance to the windscreen place and they send the bill to the insurance company.... you hear nothing else about it...

easy peasy!

*Disclaimer* - The contents of this message are not necessarily my own opinions,thoughts or views... they may belong to the voices in my head!

Thread Information