Thread: It had to happen

Thanks

It had to happen

I've been playing 'fuel light bingo' since Tuesday evening so after leaving my mates earlier I thought it was time to fill up. 3 days of normal use on the fuel light was good enough for me!

Anyway I'm about half way to the petrol station and i floor it out of a roundabout and the engine power just dipped completely. "S***" I was thinking. So then it was 5th gear all nice and gentle.

So I'm approaching a set of red lights and I change down and think "nah, neutral wi mesen" and then it cuts out completely. "F***" I was thinking. Pulled over, hazards on, but miraculusly it restarts ok.

Another 100yds and it cuts out again, this time I just dip the clutch and restart it, which it does after a bit of spluttering. I'm now about half a mile from the station. Somehow it managed to make it there all be it with a fair bit of coughing and spluttering!

And the fuel pump made a rather interesting noise when I started up again so erm... fuel light bingo... be warned!

Simon

Banned
    Thanks
    lol!

Thanks
    i love that game!!!!
    http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Thanks
    Played!
    I've done a long push along the main A-road past all the hotels at heathrow before. Currently I can hold my nerve through the red light but whenever I finally give in I can only get 44litres in. I'm meant to have a 55litre tank!
    Vimeous : i7 7700K | 16Gb | ASUS Strix Z270G | GTX1080 | 960 EVO 500GB NVMe | 850 EVO 500GB | TX650W | NZXT S340 Elite | Dell U2713H + 17" | 10 Pro
    Willowin : i7 3570K | 16Gb | ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe | GTX 660 TI | 2x 1TB 840EVO | Sugo SG05BB-450 | Dell U2713H + 17" | 8.1 Pro
    Svr : X2 4200+ | 2Gb | ASUS A8N-SLI Premium | HD6870 | SonicFury | 8x 250Gb (2x RAID10) | 3Ware 9650SE-8LPML | Seasonic 700W | CM Stacker 830 | XP Pro
    NAS : DS1511+ | DX513
    W : Dell Precision T3610 | E5-1650 V2 | 16GB | Quadro K2000 | 256GB SSD | 1TB HDD | 8.1 Pro | 2x Dell U2515H

Thanks
    When i had my tank dropped they didnt refit the sender for my lite properly, no lite, trip comp says 70 odd miles left, refill in a few days me thinks, gets to hill, cough, cough, fart, splutter die...

feXored...

Lowest I've had the comp say is 17 miles, dont wanna take it lower than that tbh as I dont fancy suckin up all the dregs in the tank...

Thanks
    • Trash Man's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V LE Z77
      • CPU:
      • i5 2550k
      • Memory:
      • 8GB 1600 DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 128GB Crucial SSD 1 x 1TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1.5GB 580 GTX
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet 680W E9
      • Case:
      • CM 830 Stacker
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 x 2
      • Internet:
      • 20mb IDNet ADSL
    Same here Trig, never let mine get below 1/4 of a tank.

Living and dying laughing and crying
    Once you have seen it you will never be the same
    Life in the fast lane is just how it seems
    Hard and it is heavy dirty and mean

Thanks
    Originally posted by [GSV]Trig
    I dont fancy suckin up all the dregs in the tank...
    Yeh people have said this to me but in reality, how would you get contaminents in there anyway?? I mean I'm getting rid of the car soon anyway so I'm not to bothered, but the only time the filler cap is open is to fill up, and then the hole is fillled with a fuel nozzle, and I'd like to think the fuel coming in is clean... not like people stand around chucking mud in their fuel tanks?

Simon

Thanks
    it's a big urban myth... like "the last 1/5 of the tank is full or carp..." yeah, there might be a tiny bit of sediment in the bottom, which shouldn't get sucked up, even if you run out of fuel...

but then, i've run out of fuel in every car i've owned at least once, so i can't really preach on the subject (or does it put me in a position to preach louder??)... except for the current Roadster...

i'll keep you posted...

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    Hey..you lot......its only the fuel filter that saves your Injectors......from being blocked up like a bastard!

Dont run them down.,,,,specialy older cars.....its not an urban myth....its just that you all have fuel filters.

Trust me.,....we get themin where people have taken the fuel filter OUT (dont ask why) and then run them dry....those injectors.....the are ICKLE! It takes a tiny thing to block one......not an insect or dust cos the injectors spray hard...but a little flake of rusty iron from around your filler neck...

New cars come with sod all in them. I live on the red light

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Thanks
    • steve threlfall's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Core i5-3570K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 830 256
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon HD6870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX750
      • Case:
      • Antec P280
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 WFP 24" Widescreen, Rev A04
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 120/12 mb
    Originally posted by Shad
    Yeh people have said this to me but in reality, how would you get contaminents in there anyway?? I mean I'm getting rid of the car soon anyway so I'm not to bothered, but the only time the filler cap is open is to fill up, and then the hole is fillled with a fuel nozzle, and I'd like to think the fuel coming in is clean... not like people stand around chucking mud in their fuel tanks?

yeah but i do know of some older pertrol stations that have sand in the tanks. Its worth being careful where you fill up

Banned
    Thanks
    surely in your fuel tank the pipe that sucks out fuel is at the bottom, so all the bits of rust / sand / whatever will be sucked up no matter how empty / full your tank is?

Thanks
    Originally posted by Maldonado
    surely in your fuel tank the pipe that sucks out fuel is at the bottom, so all the bits of rust / sand / whatever will be sucked up no matter how empty / full your tank is?
    if it were, all the carp would come out straight away leaving it clean... i suspect it's just not quite at the bottom...

but only Zak could tell us for sure....

Thanks
    heheh I managed to get 64 litres into my van once..... we were having a little competition at work you see. Thing is, officially it's only a 60 litre tank, so we were running them to the absolute limit before filling up. I actually cheated a little and put a back wheel on the kerb so's I could get a few more drops in

Quote Originally Posted by The Quentos
    "My udder is growing. Quick pass me the parsely sauce." Said Oliver.

Thread Information