Thread: Just pranged pedro into the back of some1 :'(

Thanks

Just pranged pedro into the back of some1 :'(

http://www.mopeywhale.com/emz/stuff/car/crash1.jpg - bigger pic

http://www.mopeywhale.com/emz/stuff/car/crash2.jpg - bigger pic

I'm such a ****ing idiot.

Had a car infront at a junction, both turning left, I see it's clear right and that she sets off, I look right to check it's still clear and it is so I set off. She's stalled tho. SMACK.

It was a Vauxhall Agila too. Ugh.

First Accident, only been driving since feb

Thanks
    • hitman67's system
      • Motherboard:
      • AsRock Something
      • CPU:
      • AMD 64 x2 4200+
      • Memory:
      • 1GB DDR Dual Channel
      • Storage:
      • 200gb Samsung Spinpoint
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nividia Go 6100
      • PSU:
      • ColorsIT 400w
      • Case:
      • ColorsIT Cool Case
      • Monitor(s):
      • Compaq 15" TFT
      • Internet:
      • 1mb Broadband
    Ouch nasty mate, fortunatley it looks mostly cosmetic thougj.

Thanks
    Emzay

/sends hugs.

Don't get too down, damage doesn't look too bad and thats what we pay insurance for.

You'll be ok

Thanks
    Awww poor Pedro, and poor you, hope you get everything sorted OK

One of the most common accidents for a new driver, if it makes you feel any better I know someone who did the same thing (pretty much) three times in his first year of driving.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mock Turtle
    “Reeling and Writhing, of course, to begin with, and then the different branches of arithmetic -- Ambition, Distraction, Uglification, and Derision."
    System:Atari 2600 CPU:8-bit 6507 (1.19MHz) RAM:128 bytes Colours: 16 (4 on screen) Resolution: 192x160

Will work for beer... nichomach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • nichomach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95W
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DR3
      • Storage:
      • 1x250GB Maxtor SATAII, 1x 400GB Hitachi SATAII
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 1060 3GB
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 20" TFT
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media Cable
    Few months after I passed, at a busy roundabout outside work, I did pretty much the same thing to one of my co-workers. A Passat with coloured plastic bumpers. My Astra was unscathed, but he had some discolouration and distortion to his rear bumper, so he wanted a new one; options - let the insurance cover it (I really didn't want to), buy a replacement (over £400). I took the latter option, but before it became an issue, he left his car unlocked somewhere, someone nicked it, and twas never seen again...new company car too... You know, everyone's got such a poor image of twockers...no-one ever talks about the GOOD they do in the community

Thanks
    It's not easy to tell from the pictures, but the good news about the mini is it's old enough to be pulled back into shape and new engough to get parts for.

Mind you, if you're going through insurance for the other car you may aswell get yours done on it as one thing.

Thanks
    • Howard's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B
      • CPU:
      • Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2x1gb OCZ DDR2 6400
      • Storage:
      • 250GB & 500GB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Inno3d iChill 7900GS
      • PSU:
      • Antec SmartPower 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 330
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x AG Neovo F419
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mbit
    Quote Originally Posted by nichomach
    Few months after I passed, at a busy roundabout outside work, I did pretty much the same thing to one of my co-workers. A Passat with coloured plastic bumpers. My Astra was unscathed, but he had some discolouration and distortion to his rear bumper, so he wanted a new one; options - let the insurance cover it (I really didn't want to), buy a replacement (over £400). I took the latter option, but before it became an issue, he left his car unlocked somewhere, someone nicked it, and twas never seen again...new company car too... You know, everyone's got such a poor image of twockers...no-one ever talks about the GOOD they do in the community
    HAHA that's great

You wouldn't believe how close I've come to doing that Emzay... Just gotta be 200% observant I guess!
    Home cinema: Toshiba 42XV555DB Full HD LCD | Onkyo TX-SR705 | NAD C352 | Monitor Audio Bronze B2 | Monitor Audio Bronze C | Monitor Audio Bronze BFX | Yamaha NSC120 | BK Monolith sub | Toshiba HD-EP35 HD-DVD | Samsung BD-P1400 BluRay Player | Pioneer DV-575 | Squeezebox3 | Virgin Media V+ Box
    PC: Asus P5B | Core2duo 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 PC6400 | Inno3d iChill 7900GS | Auzentech X-Plosion 7.1 | 250GB | 500GB | NEC DVDRW | Dual AG Neovo 19"
    HTPC: | Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 250GBx2 | Radeon X1300 | Terratec Aureon 7.1 | Windows MCE 2005
    Laptop: 1.5GHz Centrino | 512MB | 60GB | 15" Wide TFT | Wifi | DVDRW

Thanks
    It that bonnet still A-ok?
    - Hard to tell from the photos, but if its unscathed, then in just a case of the grill/lights/bumper.

Pritty lucky really, my cosin did the same and the car came of a lot worse.
    - Then my other cosin (twins) drove the same car into the back of a bus and wrote it off.

So far (touching all the wood i can find) ive beeing driving over a year and not hit anything.
    - Other than a 6ft metal pole in the middle of the road which miraculasly did almost no damage at all. And that was lucky.

Daniel

Thanks
    I'm angry at myself for making a stupid mistake but feel like i should have been watching her extra closely anyways. I commented to my mum that she was a 'prat in a safety wagon' after following her doing 40 in a 60 and breaking far too harshly on the smallest of bends. Turned out she had a baby in the front with her so she probably stalled whilst cooing over it.

Don't think we're going through insurance as they've agreed not to claim and just send us a quote, problem is my dad wants to 'tell' the insurance company anyways. >

Thanks
    • hitman67's system
      • Motherboard:
      • AsRock Something
      • CPU:
      • AMD 64 x2 4200+
      • Memory:
      • 1GB DDR Dual Channel
      • Storage:
      • 200gb Samsung Spinpoint
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nividia Go 6100
      • PSU:
      • ColorsIT 400w
      • Case:
      • ColorsIT Cool Case
      • Monitor(s):
      • Compaq 15" TFT
      • Internet:
      • 1mb Broadband
    Was there a lot of damage done to the Aglila?
    [: O |=====|O :] Beyond Fashion Since 1948

Quote Originally Posted by XTR
    Ford Focus - I’m a boy-racer disguised as a sensible office worker at the weekends I'm a curry monster!!
    Correct apart from the working part

blueball
    Quote Originally Posted by Emzay
    I'm angry at myself for making a stupid mistake but feel like i should have been watching her extra closely anyways. I commented to my mum that she was a 'prat in a safety wagon' after following her doing 40 in a 60 and breaking far too harshly on the smallest of bends. Turned out she had a baby in the front with her so she probably stalled whilst cooing over it. (
    Aaaah, the golden rule of driving

The most dangerous thing on the road is everyone else. Once you learn that you'll be fine

Congrats for having the courage to realise the mistake was yours. its been a good learning point and I'm sure it will help you on your way to being a good driver (wasn't sure whether to put good or better there - neither sounded right but I'm trying to buck you up not take the P)

On Tuesday night 2 cars ran into the back of me (well 1 ran into me and the other ran into the back of him which pushed him into me). The car in the middle was a lorry job, the car a the back was a tow job. My car had some scratches on the bumper. Everyone was insured and nobody was seriously hurt although a young girl in the back car was hurt when she was thrown forward wearing one of those horrible lap belts. Could have been much worse I guess.

Enjoy your driving!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Emzay
    I'm angry at myself for making a stupid mistake but feel like i should have been watching her extra closely anyways. I commented to my mum that she was a 'prat in a safety wagon' after following her doing 40 in a 60 and breaking far too harshly on the smallest of bends. Turned out she had a baby in the front with her so she probably stalled whilst cooing over it.

Don't think we're going through insurance as they've agreed not to claim and just send us a quote, problem is my dad wants to 'tell' the insurance company anyways. >
    At least you're OK, that's the main thing, the amount of cars on the roads these days mean more accidents with painful injuries. Also, if it turns out to be expensive and you want to go through the insurance at least you've not got any no-claims to lose. It's a horrible feeling but these are the things you learn from with driving and you just have to be thankful it wasn't worse and move on.

Definately tell your insurance about it even if you don't go through them, just in case anything happens from it in the future - i've known a few people stung by that one. Also make sure you get any reciepts for work thats done so that if they try anything in the future you can prove that you settled it.

Hope it all goes well.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mock Turtle
    “Reeling and Writhing, of course, to begin with, and then the different branches of arithmetic -- Ambition, Distraction, Uglification, and Derision."
    System:Atari 2600 CPU:8-bit 6507 (1.19MHz) RAM:128 bytes Colours: 16 (4 on screen) Resolution: 192x160

blueball
    Quote Originally Posted by Barakka
    At least you're OK, that's the main thing, the amount of cars on the roads these days mean more accidents with painful injuries. Also, if it turns out to be expensive and you want to go through the insurance at least you've not got any no-claims to lose. It's a horrible feeling but these are the things you learn from with driving and you just have to be thankful it wasn't worse and move on.

Definately tell your insurance about it even if you don't go through them, just in case anything happens from it in the future - i've known a few people stung by that one. Also make sure you get any reciepts for work thats done so that if they try anything in the future you can prove that you settled it.

Hope it all goes well.
    The police attended my accident on Tue night because someone was hurt. Don't know if it was related but the constable told me I "HAD" to tell my insurance even if I didn't intend to claim. Might be worth telling them anyway.

Thanks
    Someone ran into the back of me in May 2002 and I've declared it on my insurance renewals for the last three years. Doesn't seem to have increased my premiums any.

Comiserations Emzay, I've done a very similar thing when I ran into the back of someone pulling out round some roadworks. Thankfully the very low nose of my MR2 just edged under her bumper and caused no damage at all (there was a mark, but it just rubbed off with my finger). The damage to my ratty old car wasn't worth worrying about, I just pulled the small dent out with a hook as best I could. In my case it really was 100% my fault, the other driver had to stop as she didn't have right of way, and I was changing radio stations at the time. Still, live and learn, not done it since.

Thread Information