Thread: Clay Bar

XTR
    Va-va-vooom
    Thanks

Clay Bar

I bet most of ya's haven't even heard of clay bar..... but i bought some the other week and gave it a go on my car on Tuesday.

Clay bar that gently cleans by removing environmental contaminants from your car's finish. Brake dust, tree sap, stubborn bug stains, road tar and industrial fallout all contribute to rough feeling paintwork that cleaning alone won't always remove. Clay doesn't cut, it gently pulls the contamination away from your paintwork and glass leaving a smoth finish for waxing.
    Basically.... if you rub the palm of your hand across the bodywork on a car.... it should feel like glass.... but often enough its like sandpaper....... rough...

Claybar removes all the crap and leaves the paint finish like glass!!!!

What you get a is bottle of "quick detailer" and a "lump of clay". Obviously you cant just rub around this lump of clay on your paintwork, so you need to spray on the quick detailer which acts as a lubricant. The clay picks up all the crap thats on the paintwork that the eye doesn't see. Its suprising how much it picks up.

I spent about 4 hours using this on the car and then spent 6 hours yesterday using Meguiars stage 2 pure polish, then used Zymol Cleaner Wax to seal the paintwork I think I got a decent shine on it

I just thought i'd tell you's what i've been upto the past few days, show off my acheivement and tell you's all about Clay Bar.....
    Last edited by XTR; 22-04-2005 at 10:27 AM.

*Disclaimer* - The contents of this message are not necessarily my own opinions,thoughts or views... they may belong to the voices in my head!

Thanks
    It looks fantastic mate, job well done

After seeing Fifth gear earlier in the week with that guy (Frank?) who is the Ferrari nut (bought a Mr Schumacher's F1 car, an Enzo, etc.) who just bought one of the new Maserati Le Mans cars, my ideas have changed; half a million pound car, and he drove it to the circuit in some pretty nasty British weather. It had crap all over it and stone chips when he arrived. Then he went out in the snow and slid into a barrier. Some dischuffment, naturally, but then he got back going and still had a hoot.

Now, if he can spend half a million large on one of the rarest cars available, drive it like a Mondeo to the circuit, crash it, AND still be happy... f*** keeping my car pristine, I'm going to use it properly
    Simon

XTR
    Va-va-vooom
    Thanks
    Yeh i heard about that.... bloody to$$er! Even if you did have a car worth half a million... you'd still keep it clean... or employ somebody to keep it clean... people like that dont deserve nice cars!

*Disclaimer* - The contents of this message are not necessarily my own opinions,thoughts or views... they may belong to the voices in my head!

Thanks
    The point is he used it as Maserati intended; it actually looked like it had just done a few laps at Le Mans! I have nothing but respect for the man
    Simon

www.5lab.co.uk
    Thanks
    why bother keeping a car clean - i mean if you yourself dont mind if it looks dirty then what does it matter? cleaning most of the shell of a car is a fair old waste of time, all you get from it is a shiney car..
    hughlunnon@yahoo.com | I have sigs turned off..

XTR
    Va-va-vooom
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 5lab
    why bother keeping a car clean - i mean if you yourself dont mind if it looks dirty then what does it matter? cleaning most of the shell of a car is a fair old waste of time, all you get from it is a shiney car..

Why do car manufacturers bother painting cars then... it would do the same function if it didn't have paint! and it would be cheaper.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by XTR
    Yeh i heard about that.... bloody to$$er! Even if you did have a car worth half a million... you'd still keep it clean... or employ somebody to keep it clean... people like that dont deserve nice cars!
    I totally disagree. The people who don't deserve them are the ones who keep them at home and polish them, and then don't drive them for fear of getting them dirty. What a waste.

Thanks
    • Butuz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z77 MPOWER
      • CPU:
      • I7 3770K @ 4.6
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair XMS 1866
      • Storage:
      • Sandisk SSDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 3xR9 290
      • PSU:
      • be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10
      • Case:
      • Inwin H Frame
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Rave
    I totally disagree. The people who don't deserve them are the ones who keep them at home and polish them, and then don't drive them for fear of getting them dirty. What a waste.
    Hehe ive been trying to tell shad this since he got his CRX but he didnt seem to listen. Im glad he has seen the light. Driving a car makes it happy, keeping it in the garage for most of the year makes the car sad.

MAKE YOUR CAR HAPPY! DRIVE IT!

Butuz

www.5lab.co.uk
    Thanks
    they paint them to stop rust.. durrr..

anyways, shiney cars are more desireable, and if i was ever selling a car then i'd polish it, but if you've got a 500k car then everyones gonna know its good regardless of how much or little you polish it.
    hughlunnon@yahoo.com | I have sigs turned off..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by XTR
    Well if he bought it with the money he earnt then why does he not deserve it?
    At the end of the day he drove his car how Mazeratti intended it to be driven, he crashed, so what, he did it on a track and not out on public roads...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Butuz
    Hehe ive been trying to tell shad this since he got his CRX but he didnt seem to listen. Im glad he has seen the light. Driving a car makes it happy, keeping it in the garage for most of the year makes the car sad.
    Still only when it's dry though! I can do without the rust. I'm just being less pedantic when I clean it, and enjoying the 'covered-in-brake-dust' look it currently has
    Simon

Thanks
    my car looks better dirty
    my Virtualisation Blog http://jfvi.co.uk Virtualisation Podcast http://vsoup.net

Thanks
    • McMav's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte P35C-DS3R
      • CPU:
      • Intel C2Q Q9550 @ 3.4
      • Memory:
      • 4GB kingston Hyperx pc8500
      • Storage:
      • 160GB WD SATA2 500 GB Sammy
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HIS 6870 1GB
      • PSU:
      • 520W Corsair Modular
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22" Hyundai BlueH
      • Internet:
      • 10Mbit Virgin cable
    cant agree more.

Thanks
    My car looks like a total heap whether it's clean or not I've only washed it once since I got it, that was in 2003 I think.

XTR
    Va-va-vooom
    Thanks
    Bit off topic now innit.............................................................

Thanks
    • Howard's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B
      • CPU:
      • Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2x1gb OCZ DDR2 6400
      • Storage:
      • 250GB & 500GB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Inno3d iChill 7900GS
      • PSU:
      • Antec SmartPower 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 330
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x AG Neovo F419
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mbit

Dead right. Cars are meant to be used Especially a £500,000 Maserati. What a beautiful car it was. And he'll have it fixed in no time anyway
    Home cinema: Toshiba 42XV555DB Full HD LCD | Onkyo TX-SR705 | NAD C352 | Monitor Audio Bronze B2 | Monitor Audio Bronze C | Monitor Audio Bronze BFX | Yamaha NSC120 | BK Monolith sub | Toshiba HD-EP35 HD-DVD | Samsung BD-P1400 BluRay Player | Pioneer DV-575 | Squeezebox3 | Virgin Media V+ Box
    PC: Asus P5B | Core2duo 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 PC6400 | Inno3d iChill 7900GS | Auzentech X-Plosion 7.1 | 250GB | 500GB | NEC DVDRW | Dual AG Neovo 19"
    HTPC: | Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 250GBx2 | Radeon X1300 | Terratec Aureon 7.1 | Windows MCE 2005
    Laptop: 1.5GHz Centrino | 512MB | 60GB | 15" Wide TFT | Wifi | DVDRW

Thread Information