Thread: F1 driver of the year

misterious and scary
    Thanks

F1 driver of the year

although as usual the world championship was micheals congrats to him he deserved it he did the job when it was needed, but who was your driver of the year ?

i think its only one choice kimi

he had last years car, not as good as ferrari or williams or even the renault, but he was consistant and did very well in only his 3rd year, and he also thrashed coulthard, and although he aint the best he aint a slow driver.

errr ? ? ?

im confused

Spanked Member
    Thanks
    Alonso for me.

Hes had some fantastic races this year and it's been down to skill - very little of the "luck" element so many runners up front seem to attain. He's been tere to upset a few people and Spain have an F1 Hero to support.

As for McLaren, I despise them, but they have done well to update last years car to be competitive. Im not looking forward to how much better their new car is, but it'll be interesting to see how it can do against the new Ferrari & Williams.

Thanks
    i would say Webber. If Jaguar could provide him the car, im sure he could mix it up in the top 6.

Look at his single lap qualifying, considering his car he has blitz the opposition (BAR, toyota, and sauber.)

Although im still a mclaren fan hehe

Will

Where'd my avator go?
    Thanks
    Last years car? Errrr...no. He did not.

Michael. The toughest year he's had since...well, ever, and he comes through on top. Fangio would be proud. Jenson didn't dissappoint, either.

Thanks
    I would say Schumy tbh. The way he pulled it out of the hat when he needed to since Monza was the sign of a top driver. Ok, so he may have had a bit of luck on the way through but he still pulled out the goods at the end. Webber's qualifying times were so good because Jaguar nearly always put him on a lighter fuel load than the rest so he could be higher up the grid.

Registered+
    Thanks
    I would say Schumacher as well.

I don't like the guy really, and I would rather someone else would have won the champ (like Kimi or JPM), however I think MS has worked really hard for it this year. He deserves it imo.

I wouldn't bet against Kimi or JPM winning next years champ though

Thanks
    I think Raikoinen has improved a lots since he joined Mclaren. Next season, he could be the main challenger to defending champion.

Thanks
    I have to agree with ACiD303, Fred Alonso, as Mr. Hobbs so lovingly called him during broadcasts

What that guy did with the Renault was, IMO, far greater than what Kimi achieved in the McLaren. I also think Renault will be the car to beat next year, IF they get some more HP.

Another thread could be started for Lame A$$ of the year starring Michaels very own little brother who had to be threatened to perform

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    Naa Definitely Webber, the Jaguar is a vastely under powered under performing car, he's done extremely well to get the amount of points he did.

Just think about the number of times he was mixing with the big 6. Alonso is a close 2nd, but the renault is getting pretty good nowadays and Trulli for all his faults was out qualifying him fairly often at the end of the season.

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Muppet #9
    I would say Schumacher as well.

I don't like the guy really, and I would rather someone else would have won the champ (like Kimi or JPM), however I think MS has worked really hard for it this year. He deserves it imo.

I wouldn't bet against Kimi or JPM winning next years champ though
    Sorry to double post, but Just noticed Kimi or JPM for next years title, erm you'd bet against Schumy?.

Brave man, just look at his record over the last few seasons, JPM just doesn't have the consistency to win a championship imo and i think the McLaren team could be left well behind the pack due to the fact they didn't bring in a new car this year. I think this will backfire and will be well behind the pace at the start of next season.

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Thread Information