2 big ones of my own, one of me dads which i was in..

1) ~12 years ago, dad is driving up a sliproad towards a dual carrageway (horrible turning - you have to gain all the speed uphill, and there is no visability until the last second - a329 in workingham). dads in a 1.4 volvo 340, doing about 50 when he gets to the top, theres lots of cars so he stamps on the brakes to allow them to pass. we're virtually stationary and another car has been coming up the sliproad - bloke is looking over his shoulder for a gap and simply doesnt see us, hits us doing 40 mph, we shoot forwards and somehow miss all the cars on the road.. everyone was ok, but more luck than judgement

2) kinda my fault. driving up a 40 limit in brighton in a car i've had for 3 days and a cat shoots out infront of me. i swerve to avoid it and jump on the brakes, and loose control as the car is the first i've driven regularly with pas (so i've no idea what the car is actually doing). pile into the corner of a brick wall doing about 30 at the time. all 4 people in my car are fine, although i later had some problems with my shoulders because i had my arms locked to the steering wheel, and the impact just went straight up them..

on a sub-note, i'd left the car there (couldnt afford to get it towed until payday) with agreement from the fuzz, and nicked all the bits worth taking from it (seats, sunroof parts, lights, you name it) - came back 2 days later and some pikey had thefted it!

3) entirely not my fault. doing 50 down an a road, come over a hill crest and suddenly realise in front of me there is a full hgv overtaking a tractor with a 30ft trailer. sh*t sen, jump on the brakes and start emergency stopping. car is slithering all over the place, and i notice the lorry is just in front and starting to pull in. i figure that hitting a tree is better than hitting a lorry head on and try to dump the car into the ditch at the left of the road, but the bank it too steep, and the car wont get over it. the front of the lorry gets my wing mirror and the rear end of it rips the front drivers side off my car. i manage to stop shortly afterwards, and give the driver a bolloking. he claims its my fault (never sure how he worked that out..) and basically the claim for my car is going to court. i consider myself very lucky it wasnt a lot worse. all 4 people in my car were fine, but car was written off