Thread: Fitting an alarm to a Peugeot 106

Thanks

Question Fitting an alarm to a Peugeot 106

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a Peugeot 106 XL Independence, R reg (1997), 5 door hatchback.. all seems ok, but would like to complete some upgrades, I have purchased a Haynes manual, but I am still a little stuck.

1) I am looking for the Inlet Air Temperature Sensor wiring connector, would like to perform the 'resister mod' in order to get more BHP - but after reading a post a little further down, am not so sure its such a good idea now, any advice....

2) Purchased an alarm off a company on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...em=4634462378), unfortunately.. I am unable to find out how to install it, the instruction manual for the alarm refers to 'postive trigger', 'negative trigger', 'postive/negative trigger' - all with relation to the central locking of the car, and lists the diagrams of the different types, I have checked the Haynes manual central locking diagrams, but I can't figure out which type it is.... any ideas ??

I will be happy to take photo's/scan in the manual if you need to check them out.

Cheers, Vaughn

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vatovey

1) I am looking for the Inlet Air Temperature Sensor wiring connector, would like to perform the 'resister mod' in order to get more BHP - but after reading a post a little further down, am not so sure its such a good idea now, any advice....
    Hello mate. I unfortunately can't help you with the other questions but the resistor mod, is a bad idea. I'm not certain but I'd imagine that all the excess fuel being pumped in and out would eventually lead to failure of your cat - a lot of expense for a possibly 1/20th second reduction in the cars 0-60!

What does it say about the positive and negative trigger? It could be to do with sensors or something to do with the locking system?

Sorry I cant be more help!

Thanks
    Yes most definitely avoid the resistor mod!

All it does is change the fueling patterns of your car, so you end up using more fuel to get better performance...but this also results in excess unburnt fuel which as mike says will damage the cat on your car.

Edit : It appears this one is slightly different to the one I was thikning of, but still not good!

"The resistor hooks up to the intake air temp sensor and tricks it into thinking colder air is coming in. This makes more power, but the sensor is one of the things that keeps the car from detonating when engine and outside air temps are too hot. If you bypass the sensor with the resistor, you can cause detonation to occur which can ruin your engine if it's bad enough"

Thread Information