Thread: Peugeot 306 electric window problem

Thanks

Peugeot 306 electric window problem

Help! I'm just trying to resolve a problem with my daughter's boyfriend's 306 while he is abroad. I have the Haynes manual for the series, but, as ever, it's not as helpful as I would like.

The driver's door glass lift motor has become disconnected (mechanically, that is, it's got power and reacts to the switch in either direction) from the glass. One of the two Bowden cables has become unhitched from the glass transport end. It terminates in a little brass nipple.

Haynes shows how to get the glass out completely by unbolting the top and bottom bolts of the vertical transport slide track, and also how to drill out the rivets holding the motor in place and replacing them later with bolts and nuts, something that I hope to avoid. However, even if I am successful in extracting the track from the door, I'm still not very clear how to proceed. The Haynes manual I have is a modern style one with lots of photos, and virtually no technical illustrations or exploded diagrams.

Does anyone have a good diagram of how the components of such a motor driven glass lift mechanism inter relate, please?

This mechanism won't be unique to this model, and is quite possibly generic to many car marques.

I'm an old technology man, and it took me years to master the quirks of hand cranked window winders.

Thanks
    Not sure how much help you'll get here, what with it being a mainly computer forum. Having said that though, if you could post some pictures of how the motor has disconnected from the drive mechanism, someone may be able to assist.

Thanks
    moved to the correct subforum
    my Virtualisation Blog http://jfvi.co.uk Virtualisation Podcast http://vsoup.net

Thread Information