Thread: Help with an advertisement please .

Thanks

Help with an advertisement please .

As you know despite several trips to the garage my car is still not running right ,so i give up ! What i need is help to write/word a decent ad for it .I can fill in all the details etc ,but just wondering how to cover the fact it has an intermittent running problem? It has a full M.O.T. but as discussed before ,can run great for days and then with no reason ..it starts playing up! Fully expect to get less than its worth ,possibly up to half its value?, but its to good to scrap .Dont want to set out to fleece anyone either ,and dont want to make it sound like a shed ,because its not .So any suggestions how to explain the running problem ,without making it un-sellable would be great guys .

www.5lab.co.uk
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kickstart 1 View Post
    As you know despite several trips to the garage my car is still not running right ,so i give up ! What i need is help to write/word a decent ad for it .I can fill in all the details etc ,but just wondering how to cover the fact it has an intermittent running problem? It has a full M.O.T. but as discussed before ,can run great for days and then with no reason ..it starts playing up! Fully expect to get less than its worth ,possibly up to half its value?, but its to good to scrap .Dont want to set out to fleece anyone either ,and dont want to make it sound like a shed ,because its not .So any suggestions how to explain the running problem ,without making it un-sellable would be great guys .
    can you give another brief overview of what the car is, what the problem is etc?

if you're going to replace it with something else, why not shop it in at a dealer. tell them that it occasionally fails to start - they've mechanics who will take a quick look, probably place a bet on being able to fix it, and give you a price. the best people to sell a iffy car to is someone technically minded - as a car novice won't touch a duff car with a bargepole
    hughlunnon@yahoo.com | I have sigs turned off..

Thanks
    Really is to much to go into again ! Did a thread on its faults a while ago , but its a Frontera, been into garage 3 times had various parts fitted ,to run fine according to them ,only to play up after several days at home ,no pattern to it ,can run fine ,then it looses all power, mainly when in second and pulling away ,then all of a sudden it kicks in and goes ,(as if you've been driving with the brakes on ,is the only way i can describe it ).No garage will take in p/x as too old me thinks ,not bothered who buys it if a novice reads ad and comes after it ,then not my fault .Dont want to cover up its faults ,but dont want to have to give it away either !

www.5lab.co.uk
    Thanks
    what i meant is, a novice will normally steer clear of a car with faults because they can't put their finger on what it is.. what age is it? a 2nd hand garage should definately p/x it, as 4x4s keep their value - rare to see em drop to much under £1000..
    hughlunnon@yahoo.com | I have sigs turned off..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 5lab View Post
    what i meant is, a novice will normally steer clear of a car with faults because they can't put their finger on what it is.. what age is it? a 2nd hand garage should definately p/x it, as 4x4s keep their value - rare to see em drop to much under £1000..
    While i appreciate the help, i think your wondering a bit ,can sort out value ,etc ,not going for a p/x. Just how to word ad is what im after ,faults n all !

Thanks
    i can't help but think the garage own you money for not having fixed it... but on the subject of the ad, your best bet for actually shifting it is eBay, where you'll be able to explain in detail all the faults, and sell it with no reserve and actually get rid of it - but it won't fetch much - a few hundred quid is my bet
    http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Thanks
    • robbo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P5N SLI
      • CPU:
      • intel core2 Duo E6600 sli
      • Memory:
      • 2048MB DDR2 900MHz OCZ
      • Storage:
      • 300gb Serial ATA 16MB buffer
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 512MB Ati radeon 2900xt
      • PSU:
      • OCZ gamer 700W PSU
      • Case:
      • ATX MIDI TOWER
      • Monitor(s):
      • SONY SDM HS95PR
      • Internet:
      • Broadband 2MBPS
    sold as seen

robbo

Thanks
    Thanks guys, yeah J4mes only expect to get that sort of money for it ,but just didnt want to scrap it, think its to good to do that.Garage's last word on it was ,well we cant find fault was running alright for us ,would need to go into dealership and would cost more than car is worth !.Only other concern is ..haven't used Ebay before to sell ..i know ,i know ! Is it straight forward and fairly easy ?

Thread Information