Thread: Case help please

Registered+
    Thanks

Case help please

I am very restrained in what case I can get. It cant be to long but long enough to fit a 7770. It can be high (up to 70cm) and must have good depth.
    Its going to need a lot of cooling preferably air as I have a lot of good fans available.
    I will however be putting in a h100i as a water cooler so needs to accomodate that. cpu will get very very hot so need superb cooling in the rest of the case too.
    Im using a non modular psu so good depth andspace behind motgerboard is a must for cable management.

fitting an atx mobo probably crosshair but might be 990fx extreme9.

its going in a cupboard but door will be open when used.

im struggling. In a perfect world it would be a nzxt phantom full tower like the one I have but it isnt for me hence the constraints. phantom is just to long. so is their md tower

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Case help please

You can close this. Time is of the essence so I have opted for the carbide 540 air cube.

As I am putting in an h100 the idea of room for four fans is appealing.

Now I just need to work out if a GS 800w psu will do the trick for my build. Reviews seem good for a cwt so I am tempted.

Corsair Rep
    Thanks

Glad to hear that you have opted to the Air 540... One of our best case that is air cooling centric with a great potential for custom water cooling.

What kind of hardware are we looking at here? running SLI/Xfire?

Registered+
    Thanks

No, just one hd 7770 probably on a sabretooth mobo though I keep changing my mind on mobo.

I'll have to make my mind up for certain tomorrow at the latest though.

Heatsink will probably be silver arrow but I am open to suggestions
    Tdp will approximately be 220 so keeping cpu cool is the highest priority.

Ive never built with the 540 before so dont know if its preferential putting fans in every fan slot or just keep the three.

Some cases even though they have space for extra fans, actually hurt the airflow more if you put them all in. Others show a huge benefit.

The hardest thing will be getting the mix right as there are so many options with this case. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I will be doing an extreme overclock on an 8350 so cpu temps will be huge if not cooled properly.

Thread Information