Thread: Acrylic / Alu kustom case [1024x768] [19kb]

Registered+
    Thanks

Acrylic / Alu kustom case [1024x768] [19kb]

Hmm thinking of making this for a nano itx board and possibly incrasing the size of it if its far too expensive.

Anyway the black is thin sheets of alu and the white being see through acrylic.

On the front u got a slim dvd rom drive there id guess.
    With the size im guessing I could use an external psu of some sort. the 120mm fan on top acts as liek a system / exhaust blow hole thingy mujigger. Not sure how id house a hdd , prob against the thin alu wall on the right side ? .

Any one experienced in making these sorts of things willing to say if its possible relativly easy to do.
    My uncle has a garage full of tools and im sure he could do all the cutting easily.

Plan drawings arent great, also its been suggested that I remove the 120 fan from the top and replace it with grills and have a 92mm exhaust fan at the back of the case instead.
    Im really looking for some expert advise on how easy it would be to make / put together .

[-Hoochy-]

Happy Now?
    Thanks
    Ive made an acrylic case - the things to worry about are:
    • Crappy plastic cracks and scratches easily. Buy some good quality stuff.
    • 1/4" stuff is thick enough, dont bother with 1/2 - its too expensive and 1/8" is only good for stuff like mobo trays cause its too flimsy.
    • Itll be HEAVY! My acrylic case is only 12" sqaure but its a frikkin brick.
    • They are great noise stoppers, but are also ovens. Make sure you can keep your harddisk (!) cool. Nano itx stuff probably wont need much cooling.
    • If you're making it a square - get it all professionally cut. Trying to cut straight lines without good equipment is a nightmare.
    • Dont be too adventurous - itll look rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbishe unless you have the accurate equipment as stated above. Im not saying dont have a go, but be prepared for ****ups.

120mm in the top seems fine, you can nock it down to 7v and itll be very quiet. Better to have a positive airflow. Papst or Panaflo LA1 should do.
    I dont like sig pics so i turn off sigs Which doesnt help when i dont know what ive written here! DOH!

Registered+
    Thanks
    yeh ta ill see wot i can buy , any recommended places to buy the custom cut acrylic from ?
    [-Hoochy-]

Happy Now?
    Thanks
    Um, no, not cheaply.
    I dont like sig pics so i turn off sigs Which doesnt help when i dont know what ive written here! DOH!

Thread Information