Thread: Lian Li PC-A06 - wiring front LED panel?

Thanks

Lian Li PC-A06 - wiring front LED panel?

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong section...

I have a system in a Lian Li PC-A06 in for some virus removal work, and the owner says the last PC shop he took it to broke the front panel array LED, the HDD LED, and the blue power switch ring LED.

Upon opening the case it is obvious why none of them was working.... their connectors simply weren't attached to anything anymore!

The HDD LED & power switch LED were easy to fix (I attached to the motherboard header where the last shop had taken it off and not re-attached it), but the front panel LED array is more like a 2 pin fan connector, and I can see no obvious place to connect this inside the case. I don't know if there used to be a molex adapter for this in the case, or some other means of attachment. I don't even know what voltage it is designed for. There is certainly no molex adapter in there now.

The owner said he'd even be happy to lose the blue ring around the switch if it meant he could get the blue panel to light instead, but the Power LED header on the motherboard doesn't have enough space for the larger fan-type connector.

I couldn't find any manual for this case online either.

So, does anyone know how this front panel was originally designed to be connected inside these cases? Are they standard 3v jobs that can be spliced into the power LED feed.... or are they designed to run off 5v or 12v feed directly?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Mike

Thanks

Re: Lian Li PC-A06 - wiring front LED panel?

Doesn't look good then... seems no-one knows.

Had no joy searching google.... any ideas?

Thanks
    • Sputnik's system
      • Motherboard:
      • J&W 790GX Extreme
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II 720be
      • Memory:
      • OCZ DDR2-6400
      • PSU:
      • Enermax

Email Lian-Li I've found them to be very helpful in the past. They might even send you a lead in the post.

They sent me some leads for my case FOC without even giving them proof of purchase.

Thanks

Thanks for the advice. I hadn't thought of asking Lian Li!

I fixed it though...

I stripped open the front light panel to see how it was arranged, to figure out the required voltage myself.

It had 4 leds wired in series with a small resistor, and in parallel to that, another set of 3 leds and slightly larger resistor in series.

That could only be a 12v feed to power that arrangement (compared to other common computer power voltages 3v or 5v). Since the front fan was receiving 12v, I chopped off the connector for the led panel, and soldered the bare leads into the fan connector terminals (having carefully slid them out of the connector housing first). The result works fine, but does tether the two together, which seemed acceptable. Especially since the led panel end of the lead has its own plug & socket, so they can still be disconnected from that end if required for any reason (eg to turn off panel lights, or to completely remove front panel).

Overall happy with the job since it all works correctly for the customer.

Hope this helps someone else with a similar problem.

Thanks again for the help.

Mike

Thread Information