Thread: Can you mod?

Registered+
    Thanks

Exclamation Can you mod?

Hi guys,
    I am the owner of a popular review site (un-named because I'm sure advertising is frowned upon here) and I have come up with a new idea for a review 'site' but with a big difference. I can't say what it is exactly - it has never been done before, but from those who I have spoken to, it is likely to be very popular.

The reason for this post is that I am currently recruiting writers who would like to become part of the team.

You need to have a good knowledge of modding or PC hardware in general, as well as good writing skills.

The position will be volountary for the first few months until the 'site' begins to bring in a revenue, by which time you will be paid for your work.

So if you think you have what it takes to be a part of the team, then please let me know.

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

In a place called VERTIGO CrapshoT's Avatar
    Thanks
    This is a friendly site...You are allowed to post other websites etc.. unlike other forums I won't mention...Oh and welcome to Hexus !!! post a link tho dude instead of keeping us hanging..I'd volunteer if you get to try free swag out for a few days LOL
    Farts are like children.....You always love you're Own.!!!
    Wise Men learn from Other people's mistake's...Fool's learn from their OWN.!!!

Marmoset Warrior
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CrapshoT
    I'd volunteer if you get to try free swag out for a few days LOL
    Aye, same here. Always out for trying new stuff (espesh new kit )
    Post us a linky that we can check out mate.
    And again, welcome to Hexus!

Registered+
    Thanks
    WOW! thanks guys! I know exactly what you mean about 'other forums'. I was very surprised with the responses from you two, I was expecting just a bit of flaming.

Ok, well I'm the owner of edit by Az, but I have enough reviewers for that site. The new site I can't tell you about just yet because if I did, you would all think "wow, I wish I had thought of that", and may jump onto the idea - and it would no longer be unique!

But yea, If you guys have a lot of knowledge about hardware or modding, and can write at a professional level (I don't want to spend all my time editing ) then we'd love you to join the team!

Can you both edit by Az pm me so we can discuss it further, and if possible attach a guide or review for me to see (just so I can see your writing skill, it doesn't have to be pages and pages)

And one bonus that you may be happy to hear is that you won't be trying out new hardware for a few days - usually you get to keep it! (on top of the payment you receive - after we begin to get a revenue). But please remember, we need top quality reviews, the new 'site' has to be of the highest standard for it to work.

HEXUS.net Webmaster
    Thanks
    Let's just be clear here, 2 of our members saying that you can post links to competitor sites does not mean that you are allowed to. If you want to promote the site please contact an administrator of the forum or failing that the moderator of the forum in question so that we can make a decision. If you want to host an advert here I am quite happy to discuss a competitive rate.

You started the thread in the correct fashion, please continue to adhere to the policy above.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Apologies

HEXUS.net Webmaster
    Thanks
    No problem, if you feel that we haven't clearly stated this in the forum guidelines please let me know and I'll address the issue. Thanks for understanding.

Registered+
    Thanks
    I did read the guidelines before I posted, and they state:
    No unnecessary swearing
    No insults
    No bullying
    Be Nice to each other we are all human
    Do not spam
    Have fun

Where does it say "do not ask for help" or even "do not advertise" for that matter?

I respect the fact that you do not want advertising, but if you are going to enforce this, then perhaps you should adjust the guidelines.

However, I think that by having very loose rules is a very positive aspect of these forums, and is something that I have not come across before - it makes for a more friendly and free environment and I feel it should be kept that way.

XTR
    Va-va-vooom
    Thanks
    use some common sense!

*Disclaimer* - The contents of this message are not necessarily my own opinions,thoughts or views... they may belong to the voices in my head!

HEXUS.net Webmaster
    Thanks
    I think what XTR was trying to say in his own round about way was that HEXUS is a business. Whilst it may appear to most people that we are just a website with some reviews we are in fact a fully functioning company with revenue and costs just like any other. The fact that our principal presence is a virtual one on the internet does not make us any more focused on maintaining profit levels.

That's the reason why any advertising must be paid for. I will update the guidelines accordingly

Thread Information