Thread: Globalwin YCC-61F1-B(savrow sr-71/Akasa Eclipse-62) or Antec P160

KDH
    Thanks

Globalwin YCC-61F1-B(savrow sr-71/Akasa Eclipse-62) or Antec P160

Heya folks, time for me to get a new case(), been looking at two in particular, the akasa eclipse 62(http://www.akasa.co.uk/spec/cases/spec_ak_bkcse_01.htm) and the Antec P160(http://www.cluboverclocker.com/revie...es/antec/p160/)

Just a couple of questions for people who have/seen either of these.

The front of the eclipse is plastic, which puts me massively off what seems to be otherwise - an ace case.
    So, is the front plastic section nice, barely noticable, or terrible?

The Antec, is the front(http://www.cluboverclocker.com/reviews/cases/antec/p160/Case(large).jpg) aluminium or plastic?

Anyone got any other comments on either case, or a reccomendation for something in the similar price range?(£90)

Thanks
    • Platinum's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X99 Deluxue
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 5930k @ 4GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32gb Crucial 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 256gb Samsung SP941, 1tb MX500 Crucial SSD, 240gb Intel 730 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 Fury OC
      • PSU:
      • 750 Watt Corsair HX
      • Case:
      • Corsiar 750D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2408WFP
      • Internet:
      • 18Mb
    ycc is a damn good case, ugly though and overpriced, 50% odd profit on em from Savrow , Antec looks nice but dont think the cooling is as good.
    Salazaar : <Touching wood as I write this...>

Thanks
    I have the Akasa Eclipse version, and whilst the plastic front will win no design awards, it does not seem overly tacky at all, merely functional and effective. And best of all, for me at least, it doesn't have the glaring blue LEDs that seem so popular these days.

The case itself is huge inside, I had to sit my DVD drives in the lower two enclosures for the cables to reach the motherboard.

When choosing this case, I also weighed it up against the P160, and what made me get the Akasa was the sliding mobo tray, the Antec one has a removable plate you lift out from the side, but the Akasa you can fit mobo and any expansion cards, then slide them all assembled into the case.

On the Antec side, I simply love the cross-case hdd fitting, my wife has the Antec Sonata, and that system is superb! I would also say that the Antec Sonata has a slightly higher overall build quality, and I would imagine this carries over to the P160. The Akasa is not of low build quality by any means though.

One point to note is that the black facia on the Akasa did not match my black NEC dvd drive, but this was quickly and cheaply remedied by spraying the facias with Halfords Flexible Vinyl paint, which gave a perfect match.

Thread Information