Thread: LianLi Optical drive bezel

Thanks

LianLi Optical drive bezel

hey everyone,

I recently got my hands on a lian li PC402a case and built a sff using mostly bits i had lying about, one being a beige DVDRW. So inorder to be inkeeping with the rest of the case i got a lian li C-01 silver optial drive bezel and to my annoyance i found that it doesn't fit on that case.

Once the front panel is removed there are no screw holes to screw the bezel into the case frame. I had thought about drilling my own holes only to find that when offered up into possition the bezel screw holes fall exactly where there are two rivits holding the case together! Due to these rivits double sided tape wont work as the bezel doesn't sit flush with the front panel.

Any one got any ideas as to how i could fix the bezel in place.

Thanks
    erm are the rivets holding internal plates or external plates together - if internal then drill em out and replace with nut & bolts - if external do same but replace with a new rivet

Thanks
    I think i'll go with drilling out the rivets and then riviting the bezel to the case, have been pondering on this for a while, and think while i'm at it i may well do both bays.

Thanks

Update

Ok i only did the one drive in the end as there was part of the case obstructing the top bay, i'd have had to cut a bit out of the bezel for it to fit and i just couldn't be doing with it at that time.

So drilling all went to plan and the bezel actually came with a small nut and bolt set so that was fine.

Here's the detail (sorry for poor quality pics it was late at night):

Obstructing rivit

Rivit drilled out, Bezel in place and holes marked for drilling

Rivit drilled out an new holes drilled

Bezel screwed in

Front of case with bezel in situ

Vrt
    Registered+
    Thanks
    You could have done a 2minute DIY job with the panel that you took out to fit the drive in. I just snapped the sides off the plate, and blu-taced (or adhesive panels etc to make it better) the plate onto the drive (u need to set it a bit further back in the case). Not terrific since you have to push the drive back in, or reach underneath to press the button, but its cheap, fairly effective and looks pretty good
    Last edited by Vrt; 09-09-2006 at 01:31 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrt View Post
    You could have done a 2minute DIY job with the panel that you took out to fit the drive in. I just snapped the sides off the plate, and blu-taced (or adhesive panels etc to make it better) the plate onto the drive (u need to set it a bit further back in the case). Not terrific since you have to push the drive back in, or reach underneath to press the button, but its cheap, fairly effective and looks pretty good
    Well the drilling was only a 2 minute job as well and it also preserves the drive blank should i wish to sell the case on in future!

But the stealthing method you suggest is very good for cases where there is no other alternative. I used the same method on a generic case.

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks
    looks good mate, im surprised that there wasnt any holes for that beel in there already, every lian-li case ive had, has had those holes pre drilled, or with captive 3m nuts there already

Thanks
    Yeah i don't know why it seems a bit silly really, unless the case was made before the bezels were produced?

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks
    i dunno mate, i had an early pc-60 and that had the holes but not captive nuts.

this is really just an excuse to keep saying captive nuts

Thread Information