Thread: Thermaltake Xaser Armor or NZXT Lexa?

Registered+
    Thanks

Thermaltake Xaser Armor or NZXT Lexa?

I've narrowed down my from my original choices, which included the Aspire X-Navigator and the Antec P180. I was seriously considering the P180 until I heard about all of the warping problems it had. I've also concluded that the X-Navigator is just too overpriced, especially for the sub-par build of the case. Alright, I can get the NZXT Lexa for $124.99/$20 MIR/$12.99 Shipping ,totalling at $117.98 and I can get the Thermaltake Armor for $139.99/$25 MIR/$23.00 Shipping, totalling at $137.99. Cooling is more important to me than noise. Plus, I'll be switching out all of the stock fans anyway.

I use an office desk to put all of my computer equipment on. Though, I'm not too sure it'd be sturdy enough for the Armor, so, I'd likely just place it on the floor. The Lexa on the other handle shouldn't be a problem. I just want to know the major quality/performance issues between the two. Also, if you are to suggest another case, Make sure it's not more than $150 with shipping and everything. Looking foward to your opinions.

Registered+
    Thanks
    /bump

Would like to know if any one else has any opinions or experiences about the LEXA - mainly is there anything I need to be wary of when installing the kit within.

Thanks
    • Madafwo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6TD Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 920 @ 4Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 24Gb Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Drive of some description
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus GTX560Ti 448 Core
      • PSU:
      • Corsair VX 550W
      • Case:
      • Antec P182
      • Operating System:
      • 7 Ultimate 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Sony 40" TV
      • Internet:
      • O2 8Mb @ 8Mb
    I know you said you've narrowed it down but you really should consider the Akasa Eclipse, cooling is second only to the P180 if not better, ease of installation is a dream as the motherboard try is removable and it doesn't come with any fans but you said you'd be replacing them anyway.

Apart from that I can't say anything about any other case because I wouldn't even consider them after using the Eclipse
    "I've heard there is a common problem with this item from forums" - If you read some forums they believe Elvis was abducted by aliens, doesn't mean it's true.

Thanks
    • unreal's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel iMac 20" & Macbook
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 2.0Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR667
      • Storage:
      • 1TB 7200 Int + 1.5Tb Ext
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi Radeon 2400XT
      • PSU:
      • 95W or something?
      • Case:
      • Intel iMac 20" Aluminium
      • Operating System:
      • OSX Snow Leopard (Win 7 x64 on Macbook Bootcamp)
      • Monitor(s):
      • 20" @ 1680x1050 & 27" 1080p HDTV
      • Internet:
      • O2 10mb
    Another vote for the Eclipse here

Throbbing Member
    Thanks
    • 8bit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z170A-G43 PLUS
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-6700K
      • Memory:
      • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury Black (8GB)
      • Storage:
      • 1x Crucial MX100 512GB, 1x Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (WD1001FALS)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire AMD R9 390 Nitro
      • PSU:
      • Corsair RM650x
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide Air 540
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 29UM67 29", 21:9, 2560x1080
      • Internet:
      • PlusNet Fibre
    Personally, I love my wavemaster. I know a lot of ppl don't (8cm fans are a drawback but that can be overcome) and you either love the look or you don't - but I love a big slab of brushed aluminium so I wouldn't change it.

However I did look at the NZXT Lexa for a machine I put together for a customer recently and I didn't like it (neither did he, he went for something else instead). The front panel looks like metal but it's not, close up and "in the flesh" it looks pretty cheap and plasticy - being plastic and all... The internal layout and whatnot looked pretty good tho so I'm sure it would perform just fine for an air-cooled rig.

Personally I think the Thermaltake case is ugly with a capital UG. Other than in pics I haven't seen or used one so I couldn't say what it's like for features, cooling abilities etc. but I'd have thought it would have a slight edge on the NZXT. I'd really rather have a plain beige box than the Armor tho, sorry! Just my opinion tho, I know some people like it and that's cool, just not to my taste.

EDIT: Sorry, meant to say I've used an Eclipse for someone else and it is a great case. Just wish they made an all aluminium version, i'd be tempted to look at that
    Last edited by 8bit; 07-07-2006 at 07:52 PM.
    "shiro" - Windows 11 Home x64 :: Intel i5-12600K :: Corsair H115i :: MSI Z690-A Pro :: 2x 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR5 :: NVidia 4070 Super FE :: Corsair Force MP600 (1TB) :: WD Caviar Black (2TB) :: WD Caviar Green (2TB) :: Corsair Carbide Air 540 (white) :: LG 32QK500 2560x1440 :: Razer Pro Click :: Cherry KC6000 Slim ::

Thanks
    yes i also think the nzxt is a bit plastacky but i really like the armour but i think i am going to have to go with the others and say the eclipse is far superior in all aspects so much so that i am going to get one soon!

PSN ID = leeglf

Thread Information