Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone disappointed with the Forza 2 demo?

One Great Ordeal!
    Thanks

Anyone disappointed with the Forza 2 demo?

I don't know about anyone else but Forza 2 really doesnt seem that great from the demo. The cars felt as a friend of mine put it like "container ships" they just didnt seem to turn. Understeer is what the cars seem to suffer horribly from. Braking seemed really messed up (having to break really early for corners), as did getting into position for the corners, it was either do everything perfectly or end up off the track in the gravel. The graphics I didnt think were very good, perhaps my tft to blame, but I'd say they are only ever so slightly better then PGR3.

I'd have to say GT Concept on the PS3 is a far better game at the moment, with the assists turned off I can actually go around the track without being all over the place.

Mayby simulation racing games just arent for me anymore, but having playing gran turismo right up to the ps3 demo and then other driving games in between I don't think its my ability that is at fault

Guy
    HEXUS.social member
    Thanks
    erm I sorta understand what you mean about the understeer, there were a few exceptions to the rule m3, dodge viper, corvette etc, I didnt have too many problems, If I braked too late or misjudged a corner it wasnt impossible to get it back on course, but it certinally wasnt easy.

You still got your sony tft?
    Last edited by Guy; 20-05-2007 at 06:23 PM.

Thanks
    the cars don't drive like real cars do... maybe because its a demo and they couldn't show the full extent of the physics engine. Whatever it is I hope it's fixed in the final game, feels soo cartoony...
    Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.2Ghz (400Mhzx8) 1.52V (set in bios, 1.47v real) | 4GB GeIL PC6400 4-4-4-12 | Gigabyte DQ6 @ 1600Mhz | HD2900XT 1GB | Enermax Infiniti 720W | Silverstone TJ07-B with custom watercooling | BenQ FP241WZ
    3dmark05 - 13140 | 3dmark06 - 6698 | SuperPi 1M - 15s

Thanks
    I wasn't that impressed. I don't think it's going to reflect the final game and didn't think it showcased how good Forza will be.

Thanks
    • Blackmage's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI P67-GD65
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 2600k
      • Memory:
      • 8 Gb Hynix DDR3 1333
      • Storage:
      • Crucial m4 120Gb, 2TB Samsung F4
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI HD5830
      • PSU:
      • 700w Coolermaster Gold Plus
      • Case:
      • Xclio/Aplus Windtunnel
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic VX2239WM 22" LCD Monitor
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Broadband 10mbit
    wow, i thought i was the only one.

One Great Ordeal!
    Thanks
    I'll take back what I said about the graphics, i'll blame lack of sleep on my previous comment about them not being that great. The cars you suggested are a lot better then the ones I tried guy, thanks for that! But i'm still not overly keen on the driving experience though!

Flying prans are the flalalum Veles's Avatar
    Thanks
    I've canceled my pre-order, I'm gonna either gonna wait to hear what the impressions are about the final release. Or possibly wait a few months more and get it on the cheap like I did with Rainbow Six: Vegas (fantastic game, get it now!).

Veles on: Xbox live, My Halo stats
    Veles343 on: Xfire, Steam, BF2, BF2142
    My Blog

Guy
    HEXUS.social member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by digit View Post
    I'll take back what I said about the graphics, i'll blame lack of sleep on my previous comment about them not being that great. The cars you suggested are a lot better then the ones I tried guy, thanks for that! But i'm still not overly keen on the driving experience though!
    lol, yeh I hope they sort out balancing out some of the stats though! Will still probabily buy it though, getting quite bored of PGR3 now, nothing really left to do in it. When you next newbs way?

Thanks
    • MadduckUK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200 DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 1x480GB SSD, 1x 2TB Hybrid, 1x 3TB Rust Spinner
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon 5700XT
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX750w
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mATX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SJ55W, DELL S2409W
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet 80
    all they have to do is make it play like forza1 with improved graphics, 60fps, more cars tracks, balanced the cars a bit better etc and that is good enough for me. if they have actually boned the physics (which weren't special, but were good enough) then it will be a tragedy.

oh well will find out soon, Shuttle has been sold so just need another pay day then i can pick a 360 up.

woo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephesians
    Do not be drunk with wine, which will ruin you, but be filled with the Spirit
    Vodka

Thanks
    • Dorza's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Deluxe - WiFi
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 @ 3.06Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 2GB Crucial
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung SpinPoint
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce 9600GT
      • PSU:
      • Cosair HX520W
      • Case:
      • LianLi something something or other
      • Monitor(s):
      • Eizo FlexScan S1910 (1280*1024)
      • Internet:
      • 2mb Virgin (when they want to give me that: else 1mb)
    When you go off the track your basically foobared - I am anyway. It's so, so easy to spin the car on the gravel and by the time I get back on the track the other cars are too far ahead to catch up to. As has been posted the cars are kind of like boats going around corners but if you feather your breaking between the LT and RT buttons you go around ok in most cases. When I am able to stay on the track its quite a good experience. Having said that I haven't been a big fan of driving sims in the past so I have a limited experience of what their meant to be like, but this could appeal to me like PGR3 has.

Thanks
    It's also a good idea not to slam on the brakes as soon as you get to the corner, otherwise your wheels lock up and you won't turn, I think too many people have got used to arcade style racing you get in games like burnout and PGR.

My Blog

Thanks
    • pr0p4g4nd4's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG Strix B550 Mini ITX
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
      • Memory:
      • 2x32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600
      • Storage:
      • 2TB+500GB M.2 NVME
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac 1070 Mini
      • PSU:
      • Corsair SF750
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master Masterbox NR200P
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10, Arch Linux, macOS Catalina
      • Monitor(s):
      • 4x 27" LG 4K IPS
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    It's also a good idea not to slam on the brakes as soon as you get to the corner, otherwise your wheels lock up and you won't turn, I think too many people have got used to arcade style racing you get in games like burnout and PGR.
    Definitely. I don't like it when simmers diss good arcade racers (like PGR rather than crappy NFS Carbon) and arcaders diss simulatiuon games.

I'm one of the apparent minority that can enjoy both

Has all the piri-piri! GeorgeTuk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pr0p4g4nd4 View Post
    Definitely. I don't like it when simmers diss good arcade racers (like PGR rather than crappy NFS Carbon) and arcaders diss simulatiuon games.

I'm one of the apparent minority that can enjoy both
    Me too.

Stealth Geek - And Proud!

Thanks
    Yeah I usually prefer arcade games, but I can enjoy the odd sim, especially when it has stuff like car customisation and tuning. Just find it a bit funny that lots of people complain you have to slow down to go round a corner

The game doesn't feel that fast, but then I suppose the majority of looking/feeling that a car is going fast is due to ge-forces and inertia, you lose the feeling that you're being pushed back into your seat or like you're being thrown around a corner so the game seems slower than it is. Probably why theres lots of complaints about understeer, since they're going a lot quicker than they think they are. I hope the final game has better variation in handling, a Viper shouldn't be better than a 911 round corners.

My Blog

Thanks
    I must admit, I'm the complete opposite. I personally think the Forza 2 demo is the best thing since sliced bread.

At first look, I was slightly dissapointed by the graphics, I thought they'd pop out at me like Gears of War but they don't quite. It is in my opinion the best looking racing game on the 360 but it doesn't have the wow factor of Gears. However, that ceased to matter once I got to driving. The developers often say that the sacrifice in graphics is due to the game running at 60fps and I for one am delighted with their choice. At 60fps the game looks and feels so so smooth, on the force feedback wheel I can feel every bump in the road, it's magnificent.

Does everybody in the thread drive? I love an arcade racer as much as the next guy (had months of fun on PGR3) but I sure do love a good simulator too. From the Forza 2 demo I find it to be the most realistic simulator I've played so far, the cars move and react exactly as I'd expect them too. They're great on the pad but even better on the wheel.

Forza 2 certainly won't be everybodys cup of tea but it's won me over already, I can't wait for the full game.

Disclaimer: I'm a complete race fiend, excuse me if I get over excited and start to salvate at the mouth when talking about these kinda games.

Has all the piri-piri! GeorgeTuk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yep I am definitley getting this, really fancy something different, was playing GT HD Concept on friends machine at the weekend and though I didn't tell him (I'm not a saddo fanboi!) it really didn't seem that special, just more of the same.

If you don't mind I'd like to add you who are buying to my friends list for when its released.

Sometimes games feel slower when you first play and then you get used to it, like an arcade racer is more likely to have blur and such to make it look faster.

Stealth Geek - And Proud!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information